Thread: Ever seen an Aircraft Carrier pull into Port from the Carriers Point of View???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ever seen an Aircraft Carrier pull into Port from the Carriers Point of View???

The USS Enterprise pulled into Naval Station Mayport Florida where I work on 31 October 2012. Here is a time lapse Video of her pulling in. The Enterprise is on her last voyage home. She is to be decommissioned when she makes the Final Trip Home.

The U.S. Navy has had eight ships named the Enterprise. The first was commandeered from the British in the early stages of the Revolutionary War by Benedict Arnold, before the America even had a navy and before he became America's most notorious traitor. The seventh Enterprise was an aircraft carrier and a mainstay of the Navy's war in the Pacific during World War II. Three times the Japanese Navy said it had sunk "The Grey Ghost," but the Enterprise survived and is regarded as the most decorated warship in U.S. history.

But when the eighth USS Enterprise put to sea in 1962, it already had a place in American military history. The ship's design replaced conventional boilers that had powered warships for decades with eight reactors, making it the world's first nuclear-powered carrier. It was longer, taller and faster than any warship the United States had ever launched.

On Dec 1, the Enterprise will be deactivated and will make history again over the next three years. It will become the first nuclear-powered carrier ever decommissioned. After its nuclear fuel and eight reactors are safely removed, CVN-65, The USS Enterprise, will be cut up and sold for scrap.

The ship with the longest active service of any commissioned Naval vessel is currently the USS Enterprise (CVN-65). Though the USS Constitution is still an active commissioned Navy vessel, her commission is ceremonial in nature only and she only performs ceremonial and historical functions.

The first Nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the Enterprise also has 4 screws, rather than two which most other carriers have.

But there's already a move underway to name CVN-80, a yet to be built carrier, as the ninth USS Enterprise.

What do I do at Mayport? I work at HSM 40 a Helicopter Training squadron. I get to repair and play with the Ultimate X Box 360 Video Games. The MH60R Helicopter and it's older Brother the SH60B which I worked on while in the NAVY. I Give you the MH60R. Glass Cockpit which has 4 Hi Def Monitors which replaces 95% of the older Analog Flight Instrument Gauges. A pic of my X Box 360.

MH-60_Common_Cockpit_Night-1024x682.jpg

The Cockpit of the Legacy SH60B Helicopter I worked on starting in 1984.

SH60B Cockpit.jpg

Lockheed Martin - MH-60R Seahawk Multi-Mission Helicopter [480p] - YouTube

And not how to get a Helicopter ready to bring into the hanger aboard ship while at sea. This Helo was based at Mayport in a Sea going Squadron.

Helicopter rolls over on the deck - YouTube

Last edited by new in town; 11-10-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ever seen an Aircraft Carrier pull into Port from the Carriers Point of View

Great videos. The helicopter roll-over is freaky!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ever seen an Aircraft Carrier pull into Port from the Carriers Point of View

Thank you so much for sharing the videos and pictures. Very cool!!!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ