Thread: Any newer machines that I shoud look 4& is it hard to ship a machine from japan?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Any newer machines that I shoud look 4& is it hard to ship a machine from japan?

My buddy is in the Air Force and is stationed in Japan for the next 3 years. He said there is a pachinko parlor not far from his base and he would check it out and see if they would sell any of their old machines. I'm not sure but I think military can ship USPS for way cheaper. I once bought a pair of tail lights for a friend from a guy stationed in japan and the shipping was way cheaper than if I bought it stateside and had it shipped.

Miles
    Miles
    1975 Daiichi van guard & 1977 Heiwa

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JBimmolate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Any newer machines that I shoud look 4& is it hard to ship a machine from ja

Interesting thought - shipping via APO? But can USPS handle something that large @ around 90 lbs? I'm sure he could stow it on a C-130 or a one of those Lockheed Galaxy jobbies and it would hardly register (relatively) as a speck of dust, though

As far as buying one, depending on where he is there are junkers all over the place - might be able to get to one. Is he near Tokyo?
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Any newer machines that I shoud look 4& is it hard to ship a machine from ja

A parlour with new machines won't sell you one - they have their own outlets to process secondhand machines. A parlour stocking older type machines would not be interested in getting rid of their stock/business either.

Your best bet is for him to contact someone like Mashin Shoukai (マシン商会の中古パチンコ、中古パチスロ) and organise one of their stock to be shipped to him, for you. He'd also need to be able to speak Japanese (it would certainly help in the transaction - they won't speak English).

Otherwise, you can have him try secondhand stores near his Base, or go through Yahoo Japan (you'll need a Japanese speaker again).
    There is always another machine around the corner...

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip