Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iv'e had enough

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default iv'e had enough

we have had so much rain and flooding up here in ne pa, that i'm thinking of building an ark and pairing my pacuislo's up two by two, i found out the hard way,, my kids don't float,, i think i'm going to design life perservers for them,, since they don't have arms,, this could be a little tricky

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: iv'e had enough

Just get a heavy rubber raft for each one and place it ever so gently inside of it. Tie the rafts together to make certain no one gets lost and then ride the storms out!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

good idea,, that will keep the kids afloat,, but there mother is in water up to her knee's,, how ever as i watch my kids float down stream in there little rubber rafts, i hope someone will see the card inside and return to owner,, i'm just not sure if i will have to pay shipping and handling to get them back

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HOT coffee in lap and all over the key board, that 3 key boards this week!
    I am going to see if I can get a price break on a gross of them. The coffee came out my nose too!
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Utopia1dc

She is not kidding about this rain. We got just over 3.25 inches in 24 hours. My backyard is a swamp right now. The whole region is in flood watch/warning. We finally got away from the snow and cold weather and now all this rain. Is it too much to ask for a couple of warm sunny days?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Rain, Rain, Go Away..........

I am on basement watch, my yard is a pond the pool is surrounded and the water has been creeping up the driveway appraoching the garages...that means wet basement!! Please stop!! I have too many machines down there!!

-------------------------------
    Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing.
    -Wernher von Braun

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by TheCardMan
    Rain, Rain, Go Away..........

I am on basement watch, my yard is a pond the pool is surrounded and the water has been creeping up the driveway appraoching the garages...that means wet basement!! Please stop!! I have too many machines down there!!

At least I don't have your worries. As much rain as we have gotten in the past and no matter how swampy the yard gets in these torrential rainstorms, we have never had one drop of water in the basement. Thank God or my Pachi's would be in trouble.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey folks,

This is the fourth straight year of rains for us, and quite frankly, I would rather have the dog days of summer when you do not have to cut the grass in July because it is browned out. It has gotten to the point where I have to scrape the mould out from under my armpits. Send me to the desert in Arizona anytime.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I see where the western part of PA is freezing... and this will be up to 9 inches of snow for some of those folks.

What a mess!!! Even the dogs were in a hurry to get back in the house!

Oh well... looks like this week will bring us 50's and 60's... THAT should be nice.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well MissCrazyLady,

When you put your children into those rafts, don't forget to include a generator and tokens so you can feed them.

We have had so much rain here that my back yard has sprouted a pond to. Now what should I stock in it?
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try catfish!

pink and purple ones!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: iv'e had enough

Quote Originally Posted by David Wile
    Send me to the desert in Arizona anytime....
    Yep Dave it was a tuff day today....80's and clear and we had to break out the shorts and t-shirts I'll take this dry heat here anytime over what happens for the rest of the country 9 months of the year...brrrrr makes me cold just thinking about it as I sit by the pool and look at the scenery

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: iv'e had enough

Hey fellow Pennsylvanians: What drought? The last several years, all I've heard from the weather service (& the farmers) is drought drought drought, & all I've seen is rain rain rain. I'm sick of it too, although several days ago the weather has been very nice, I'll admit. This morning it is snowing, with maybe about 2 inches. The sky is the standard 'Pennsylvania Grey' color. Yuck! We visited friends in Texas last week through early this week- what a nice change: 50s to high 70s, things turning nice & green, the bluebonnets are out... apparently I don't want to be there in August, however. Hot hot hot & humid, I'm told.
    (It seems nothing pleases the farmers- too wet, too dry, too cold, too hot... never 'too nice' it seems. Btw, if I've insulted any farmers, I don't mean to).
    **New Trad**Disco Queen**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: iv'e had enough

it was chilly last nite in florida, in the 50's, it's warming up already and the sun is shining.

about 1/2 inch of rain in the last week.

life is good!!!!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

70s today in NW Iowa. Everything beginnning to turn green. Will need to start the mowing in a about 2 weeks, I figure. Wonderful time of year.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Photos,

Yeah, it was nice for two days. Big deal. We get two nice days every month or so - as long as it isn't winter or course. And winter now starts in September and goes on to May. We go to Florida every year in January and stay for two months, but Florida is too cold for me at that time of the year, and it is too crowded.

When we finally get moved off the little farm here, we should have more time to spend on the road in our 5th wheel, and then it will be off to Lew's Arizona. Other than Phoenix, it isn't too crowded there. Then maybe move down to Brownsville Texas area for the really cold part of winter.

However, when the sun is shining in Pennsylvania during the summer, and that Susquehanna river is flowing mildly down its path, it is truly beautiful and a great place to be. On those beautiful summer days here, I am often remided of old radio man Pete Wambach's daily opening line, "It's a beeeeayoutiful day in Pennsylvania!"

I do not consider myself a farmer, but I do have three cows, a really big garden, and a Kubota tractor with plow, disc, etc. I never did complain about the droughts in the summer. I just watered my crops with well water.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I need to mow today!

Utopia1dc

Overcast, light drizzle and cold...yuk! All in all though, having lived in Italy, PA, OK, and TX, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! I'll take the few months of cold over the 3 months of God awefull heat in OK and TX. I hope I don't offend an of my fellow Texans or Okies, as I have many friends and fond memories of my time spent there! My favorite memories of Texas are going to the Cowboys games, especially Thanksgiving Day...what a great time that was!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh hell, it's not that hot. We didn't hit triple digits once last year. However we do use that new fangled invention called central air conditioning. Amazing how it keeps the temperatures regulated to whatever you prefer. Our cars have it too. We also have natures air conitioner, wind. On those hot days when you're outside and you perspire, the wind always comes along and it acts like it's own air conditioner.

I will certainly take the couple of months we have in the 90's and sometimes 100's if I get to keep the other 10 months of the year too!

Utopia1dc

I don't know, it got pretty hot in August when I lived in Tulsa. And yes there is AC in the house and in the car, but I remember getting soaked in sweat just walking from the mall doors to the car. And then it would take the car at least 10 minutes before it was bearable. Besides all that Tulsa (the city, not the admin) was great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast