Thread: Oops... I did it again

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Oops... I did it again

Amazed myself with another surpising restoration, that is...LOL!
    Partiridge.JPG

Sorry for the crappy picture, it was just a quick shot I took before sending it out for a custom cabinet. I'll make a HD movie as always when it comes back and will happily share. I figure just about everyone has seen one of these 1968 Nishijin single-shots with the partridge family backgrounds, except all the colors were faded to whites and washed out greens. I like this a little better myself.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Oops... I did it again

Looks good James.

I really like the red on the tray. I think I'll have to do that to a few single shot conversion machines I have. I take it you also refinished the wood front, as it seems really glossy.

Nice job.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am currently working on the Narita autoloader from ebay Last April. The case is not laminate, it's solid, so I am going to sand it down and stain it cherry and then hit it with a half-dozen coats of gloss like I did to the New Prince. I am also ditching the original background (because it is so darned pedestrian) and replacing it with a spiral-optic one from a '66 Nishijin. The sad part is that the chrome on the frame is just too far gone to shine up. It's going to have to go out for rechroming which is going to blow a giant hole in my wallet, and then I have to watch even more fly out of it for the custom case. It will be amazing and unique when done, but also it will have cost me twice the cost to restore of any other machine. But it will be the only Narita out there with a full restoration ready for the gameroom of some billionaire. I have only seen one other Narita, and it was a singleshot.

This '68 Nishijin really turned out great, I can't wait to get the custom case and get the video made. I think I will cry when it sells. I think most people will find my selling price insane at $1499.00, but it will sell. It's one of a kind and the custom cases are amazing.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

James,

I have been doing some custom backgrounds of my own lately and have come up with a few that I think will look great on machines. Some I have already printed others I am still waiting to print.

Here are a few.

Dual Roto Full size.jpg Boxes copy.jpg Tiki Surround copy.jpg

#1: Dual Rotor, Kinda wanted something that looks like it would fit on a single shot. This one I do have prints done of.
    #2 Boxes, I wanted to do something a little more modern looking. I don't have prints of this one yet.
    #3 Island Surround, I said for a long time I would do a tiki background and get Shag or Derek to do some art for it. Well this is the closest I have come. I used Derek's snappy hour program to make it. I do have prints of this one but I can't sell many of them as I have yet to contact Derek about selling them. So right now it is just for personal use.

I am also working on another background at this very moment which I will be calling Circles & Ovals. I will post an image when I'm done with it.

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Love the first one. Would indeed be fantastic for a singleshot. I will have to keep that in mind for my next one.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Finished The Circles & Ovals Background.

Circles & Ovals.jpg

Also in case anyone wanted to see I mocked up what the backgrounds would look like with all the holes out out on a Nishijin Model A.

Boxes background with holes copy.jpg Circles & Ovals background with holes copy.jpg Dual Rotor background with holes copy.jpg Island Surround background with holes copy.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really like this background.

Would love to see that on a machine.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ