Thread: Problems finding info on this machine, mystery parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Problems finding info on this machine, mystery parts

Trying to help out a friend with this machine for his grandkids. The names on the front "Tenacious Taiyo 255", and "Super Deluxe", see pics. I tried searches both on Google and Here without any help. I just want to get it working and have found three mystery parts, that I think are preventing that from happening. If anyone can advise where the parts go, what there called, or help in supplying a manual or pic of a working one, or even point me in the right direction, to find that information, it would be appreciated...
    Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to gars943

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to pachitalk.

I can't see the pics that well at the moment but what you have is a Kyoraku Electric machine. Hard to say the build year and hard to say where those parts go. But like I said I can't see the pics that well at the moment.

If you have any further questions just ask. and once again welcome to PT.

-Max

posted using Tapatalk

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Problems finding info on this machine, mystery parts

Welcome to Pachitalk

dont think i have ever seen that brand before

does it say "Jenacius Taiyo"??

we ahve all seen Taiyo Arrange ball machines.. but i dont recall a standard Pachinko before??

neat machine.. Congrats
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post

we ahve all seen Taiyo Arrange ball machines.. but i dont recall a standard Pachinko before??
    Odd. I didn't notice that.

Did some searching for the kyoraku as that is the back it has.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-electric.html
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/ebay...e-kyoraku.html

Though I did notice something odd in pic #2 in that second link. If you look at the lower tray it says Taiyo. I wonder if Taiyo might have been a smaller company under Kyoraku? And later branched off on their own.

Anyways very funky machine. Also I still have no clue where those parts go. I'm sorry I can't help on that part. But I think these machines actually do require power to be played. (one of the very few brands that does.)

6. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    But I think these machines actually do require power to be played. (one of the very few brands that does.)
    what makes ya think power is required??? i dont see a motor or solonoid anywhere??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think it says "Tenacious Taiyo".

That would make better sense to me.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what makes ya think power is required??? i dont see a motor or solonoid anywhere??
    Kyoraku was know for not having a flag to shut off feed to the shooter when the back tray was out of balls. What they used instead was a solenoid (or actually an electromagnet I think.). So I'm not sure if that can be bypassed or not. I have yet to play with either of my kyoraku machines. Why else do you think there are so many terminal posts for power?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, not knowing a whole lot about this one, or any for that matter, I own 4- two electric launch, and two manual launch. This one uses a manual launch and to my knowledge does not need electricity to run anything other that a "low ball" light and a normal "stay-on" light. One of the problems is that when a ball goes into the winning "flower" for a lack of terminology, the game pays several balls, but they fall down into the bottom drain not the shooting trough. That's why I think that the pieces parts have something to do with this.
    And hey everybody, thanks for your replies and if you have something further please reply, anything at all...
    Gary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gars943 View Post
    Well, not knowing a whole lot about this one, or any for that matter, I own 4- two electric launch, and two manual launch. This one uses a manual launch and to my knowledge does not need electricity to run anything other that a "low ball" light and a normal "stay-on" light. One of the problems is that when a ball goes into the winning "flower" for a lack of terminology, the game pays several balls, but they fall down into the bottom drain not the shooting trough. That's why I think that the pieces parts have something to do with this.
    And hey everybody, thanks for your replies and if you have something further please reply, anything at all...
    Gary
    Hmm... how many balls are you running through the machine? That is the first thing that comes to mind. Then next would be something might be out of place. I'm not sure any of those parts are what is causing your issue. But you never know until you try to figure out where they go or what they do.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now thinking about it. It should be an electromagnet. I'm not sure exactly how it works but now thinking back you can still "play" the machine without power. Just don't expect it to cut the feed of balls when the rear tray is empty.

Here is a pic of the feeder on my Kyoraku.

ball hopper, machine rack, other machine 030.jpgball hopper, machine rack, other machine 031.jpg

14. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Kyoraku was know for not having a flag to shut off feed to the shooter when the back tray was out of balls. What they used instead was a solenoid (or actually an electromagnet I think.). So I'm not sure if that can be bypassed or not. I have yet to play with either of my kyoraku machines. Why else do you think there are so many terminal posts for power?
    your right about the Kyoraku machines having the electro magnet... but this machine i just dont see it??? just my eyes... as for the terminal posts???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gars943 View Post
    Gary
    not sure what ya mean by "stay on light" there should be a jackpot light and a low ball light.. (your jackpot light might be stuck or out of adjustment..)

the piece your talking about does not apper to be in your picture.. there is a diverter that will direct balls from the top tray to the bottom tray once the top tray is full.. your is behind the opague green plastic.. you would have to remove that piece to see if its missing or installed right...

there was a post a few days back that showed the piece your looking for.. it was a nice post about how the diverter piece was installed.. multi guess.. (fyi I was the winner )

ill see if i can find that thread..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Been searching to find some good pics...to lazy to be digging through the machines in storage, and taking and posting new pics. Came up with 2 pics from different machines, but the part is on all vintage machines, maybe shaped different, made of different materials...but do the same thing, and in the same place. The part I,m talking about is the grey plastic hook, pic #6 shows it in the correct position...if it were "nailed" to the back instead of laying flat. When a winning ball goes into the jackpot seesaw (brass part inside the open window on the left) it rolls down the squiggly transparent green path going to the bottom. Along the way it pushes down a long horizontal bar that activates the jackpot. the hook hangs between the plastic cover and the back, hooking a pin that comes off the horizontal bar. Nishijin Technical Animation
    This is a Model A machine, but at 6:09 you can see how it works. Here is a brass one from a machine from the '50s. And another one...SBC jp lock hook.jpg on a single ball conversion machine.Just below the lower right corner of the ball tray. Grey plastic, hooked onto a brass bar. I saved those different ways...and got different results. Mopar made this video of a Model B, your machine is not a Nishijin...but works very similar. Actually it should work exactly the same, but different shaped parts. At 2:36 you can see the horizontal bar...but not the hook, it is behind a cover. This hook is not causing your problems. But since you have it, you might as well install it. It is an anti cheat device that keeps the bar from moving down, or being pushed down unless a ball is in that path. The finger to the left goes into the ball path and is pushed down by the ball, pivoting the hook to the right, releasing the pin on the bar so the ball can push the bar down to activate the jackpot. It will work without it...but you may (probably won't) get an accidental jackpot, if the bar moves far enough to trigger a jackpot. Sorry, but I have no idea what the other 2 are, or where they go. Maybe some random close up pics of the back anywhere you think something is missing.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 10-09-2012 at 01:50 AM.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a closeup of the part on the machine from the 50's.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall