Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: China Man Power Flash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: China Man Power Flash

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post

There is some minor water staining.

Attachment 59882

You can see the lighter blue / white-gray areas. That would be your water staining.
    I was thinking that was just dirt around the nails! If it is water stains...it is minor indeed!
    And, by the way, where are my manners!to Pachitalk Dantheman! A powerflash is VERY COOL! It is more trickier to restore than a regular model B. However this one looks pretty clean! However, the electronics can make, or break it. 24v, and 10v, diodes, switches, and solenoids. I have never had one, but am up for the challenge! It just depends how pricy it gets, and weather another member is serious about it, I don't want to drive the price up for someone who wants it bad enough to win!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just to let everyone know I was going to try for this machine and that is my bid on there right now. Pachiwall, if you really want this machine let me know and will back off bidding. You guys have been very helpful to me and I can always wait. I look at this as a lifetime hobby and I do not mind waiting. This is just one of many machines I am interested in.

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to tommy4132

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well in my opinion you picture is the best part of the machine for playfield. Without having it in front of me to preview I would say the worst part of the playfield is just above the left spinner in the row of nails at the top. It looks like a machine I once bought that the playfied was starting to bubble. Based on the pictures on ebay and the persons knowledge of the machine it would be a machine that I would pass on unless I had the expertise of a few of the members here that have the ability to make it look new. The electronics are iffy and theirfore it would be a machine that I would pass on. The price is at the point where I would expect at the least a working machine and a nice not perfect playfield. Too each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I have not been able to see the water stains either! Nor have I seen the bumps that LT Teddy mentioned. I do see what appears to be reflections from the nails between the orange tulip and top left spinner. Maybe the good LT will tell us where to look. I haven't seen any comments on my wiring theory. I still think it has the wrong transformer, but that is only a $15-$20 problem as long as everything else is good!
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tommy4132 View Post
    Just to let everyone know I was going to try for this machine and that is my bid on there right now. Pachiwall, if you really want this machine let me know and will back off bidding. You guys have been very helpful to me and I can always wait. I look at this as a lifetime hobby and I do not mind waiting. This is just one of many machines I am interested in.
    I haven't bid...and didn't expecty to be able to, if it goes up even a little, I am getting uncomfortable. When I 1st saw it, I thought it had a high starting price. A Powerflash can start at $1...and will sell for what it will fetch anyhow. when it starts this high, it only takes 2 or 3 bids from people trying to outbid each other to make it too expensive! I'm more of a watcher than a bidder. Right now my money would be better spent turning mt natural gas back on...winter is on its way, and it gets COLD in Ohio! Go for it, hopefully no one else will bid and it won't go any higher. Rest assured I won't pump it up just to see where it is to see if I can still afford it! Actually I know I can't afford it right now!

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    Well in my opinion you picture is the best part of the machine for playfield. Without having it in front of me to preview I would say the worst part of the playfield is just above the left spinner in the row of nails at the top. It looks like a machine I once bought that the playfied was starting to bubble. Based on the pictures on ebay and the persons knowledge of the machine it would be a machine that I would pass on unless I had the expertise of a few of the members here that have the ability to make it look new. The electronics are iffy and theirfore it would be a machine that I would pass on. The price is at the point where I would expect at the least a working machine and a nice not perfect playfield. Too each his own.

I see what you mean. Just left of the 2nd nail down, inside the funnel of nails...looks like a bump! I am not entirely comfortable with how the seller explains any of his pachinkos. Sounds like someone who inhereted 5 machines and don't know anything about them.
    "The balls load properly from the feeding area to the firing area and to the receiving tray below, and the flipper works and launches the balls." It sounds like someone who found one, has no idea what it does, puts a ball inside, and discovered that it goes to the shooter. I was surprised that it belongs to a member, seems that a member with 5 machines for sale would be better able to describe one just from browsing the threads. "The 25v power supply has a very poor connection to the power cord, and is currently NOT working (when connected it did work). Tested with alternate power supply... lights works, fuses are good, center opens all tulips, queens close all tulips, and left and right kings open the side tulips."
    Why not just fix the poor connection! Surely that is easier than hooking up an alternate power supply...and safer for the electronics too!

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I asked the seller (thru eBay messages) about the electronics. Here is his reply:

"What I can see and test about the transformer-- two thin wires come right off the windings, they are poorly attached. When held together and tested with a voltmer I get a 25-35 volt reading. But the connection comes apart easily. I'm not an electrician, so I haven't got an idea how to fix it properly. "

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do not worry about me. No interest at all.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am out on this one as well.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am going to pass on this as well. However, I hope that all this concern is NOT warranted so that whoever wins the machine can have a wonderful new toy to play with. If I had a better understanding of pachinko machines so that and knew I could fix it, I would probably be interested... but I don't want to have my first machine to be a "learning machine" if you know what I mean. Good luck and best wishes to the person who wins the auction!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I asked the seller (thru eBay messages) about the electronics. Here is his reply:

"What I can see and test about the transformer-- two thin wires come right off the windings, they are poorly attached. When held together and tested with a voltmer I get a 25-35 volt reading. But the connection comes apart easily. I'm not an electrician, so I haven't got an idea how to fix it properly. "

25-35 volts? that sounds iffy. I know under load it is probably 25 but I don't like to trust things that put out over the amount when not under load. I'd say a new transformer is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    I am out on this one as well.

As I just bought another one of these today.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I hope that all this concern is NOT warranted. I would probably be interested... but I don't want to have my first machine to be a "learning machine"
    I hope any issues that it may have are minor. And...your 1st machine WILL be a "learning machine"...especially since almost all machines sold on eBay are stated by the seller as "I don't know anything about these things, so I'm selling it as not working...for restoration or parts" Then you look closely at the back and see a massive ball jam! Usually all it needs is to clear the ball jam (learning experience), then it usually will work. Then you get rid of the rusty balls, (I save mine in a coffee can and use them to test "barn fresh" dirty machines) and clean it up to the best that you dare to remove things (another learning experience). Keep looking and don't jump on the 1st machine that catches your eye. Since you don't have any yet...post a link to one you are looking at, between the group of us, we can usually spot the big problems, and usually most of the smaller ones as well.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2