Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: China Man Power Flash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default China Man Power Flash

Got another China man Power Flash listed on ebay. Start price $150. 6 days 16 hrs left.

Nishijin Super Deluxe Little Man China Man Pachinko Machine Powerflash | eBay

(Sorry I can't post the pictures with chrome. Still haven't figured out why.)

100 machines and counting...

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: China Man Power Flash

Would love any opinions of this one. Might go for it.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks ok to me...

would rather it was from an active member so we would know if it worked right but looing at pics

any Pachi is a risk on Da-bay
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree. Got some money burning a hole in my pocket. I do wan one of these but not a project.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    looks ok to me...

would rather it was from an active member so we would know if it worked right but looing at pics

any Pachi is a risk on Da-bay
    It is hard to say. I think it is from a member but I have yet to figure out who. I have noticed this seller has been selling / parting out many machines on ebay. If you are a member here can you please step forward. I know I would certainly love to know who it might be.

The machine looks alright to me. He says it works. Though it sounds like he might have blown the transformer based on part of his description. But at that price if he did blow the transformer big deal buy another for $25 and if it went through that then worst might be that the diodes need to be replaced. Most likely it can be fixed easily. And the plastics on the front of that thing are WHITE! I haven't seen them that white before.

Go for it if you want it shark.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seller has 5 different machines for sale.

This is the only on that really interests me though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was trying to see how it is wired, to see if the 24v vs 10v wiring is correct. I can't tell from the pics. Nor have I ever seen one in person, so I can't tell. I would like it too...but not on my current budget!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking again...looks like a 2 wire transformer. Both sets of wires are connected to same wires. Either feeding 24v to the bulbs, or 12v to solenoids. Neither should hurt the diodes, but 24v will kill the bulbs...12v wont operate the solenoids. Maybe someone who has, or has had a Powerflash can confirm.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate anything anyone notices about the machine. I have not owned a powerflash yet and it would make a nice addition to my diverse collection. If the seller is a member here, please send me a PM. I would like to add a PF to my collection but am really not looking for a project right now. I always prefer to deal with members.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well if it is a member I hope he sends you a pm. The concern I would have with the pictures I am looking at is the so called marbled water stains. I have seen some that are actually bumps on the playfield and if that is so you would have to redo the whole playfield. Just my thoughts. Maybe someboy can see it better than I can in the pictures but I myself would have some concerns. Maybe you could ask for better pictures and an explanation.

If you have a mouse over on your computer you can see what I mean when you do it. A real concern in my opinion. Maybe somebody else will comment. Thank You
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 09-28-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The water stains were a big concern of mine as well. I do want to add a PF at some point. However, I want it to be a good example of one. I am trying to learn patience when tracking down a machine that I want. I know these are considered desireable and rare. For a rare machine, they do seem to pop up pretty often.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes when I first was looking their were only a few and then they went to a few to I have lost count of how many their are out their. But I would be a little Leary of this one.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really appreciate your opinions on the machine. Just trying to be careful. Eventually I will have one but it doesn't need to be anytime soon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Water stains are something I can't get around. I either pass on the machine or replace the cel. This machine looks ok mechanically and the very large majority of power flashes obtained by members have worked with little to no repair needed. However, if you don't mind waiting and only want one model of power flash then I'd wait for a T-bird to come up. They're a little more fun to play since the center feature will open all or just the left or right tulips depending on where the ball goes. So basically if the ball misses the top pocket that opens all tulips it still may roll down to the lower section of the center feature and open one side or the other. Cool design.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seller responded to my question. They are a member. I will leave it to them to reveal themselves. I am hoping to get more information and pictures soon. Although, thanks to another member (you know who you are ), I may be headed in another direction all together.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Seller responded to my question. They are a member.
    Thought so. Only a member here would have that many machines to sell off.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello. I am a new member. I have been bitten by the pachinko bug ever since I found an 1970s Epoch Toy Pachinko on eBay recently for my two year old daughter, just like I used to have (and love) when I was a kid her age. I am looking to expand into "real" pachinkos.

I don't know tons about pachinkos, and I keep reading lots of posts on this forum trying to find a point-of-entry into the pachinko owndership. I want the older style with the lever-launcher for the balls, and I would like to buy one that works. I understand if it needs to be cleaned and such (or if something like a power supply needs replacement), but I don't want a major project on my hands where I will have to go out and get a graduate degree in Pachinkology.

Card Shark: I am hoping you could elaborate a little on "heading in another direction all together" after something was told to you by another member. I might be interested in this machine, but am curious as to the discussion(s) going on behind the scenes (if anyone would care to share). I don't have the budget to make a big mistake, but I can cover little things like if the power supply needed replacement.

To those of you who are looking critically at the pictures: Why am I having trouble seeing the water damage? Are we talking about those marble-looking patterns on the playfield?

Now is the time to thank all of you whose posts I have been reading over the last several months as I circle around and around looking for the right time/item to jump into the world of pachinko! Thank you for your continued help and I am really appreciative of this forum and any advice you offer.

-Dan

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Dantheman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have not been able to see the water stains either! Nor have I seen the bumps that LT Teddy mentioned. I do see what appears to be reflections from the nails between the orange tulip and top left spinner. Maybe the good LT will tell us where to look. I haven't seen any comments on my wiring theory. I still think it has the wrong transformer, but that is only a $15-$20 problem as long as everything else is good!

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk Dan.

A power flash is a really cool machine. Though I don't know if it is the best to be starting a collection with as the electronics can tend to be confusing if that isn't your area of expertise. Also I have heard from a little birdy that this machine might have an issue with a switch. I can't confirm if it is true but just a rumor I heard. Also by the sounds of his description it sounds like it might need a new transformer but that is around $20.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I have not been able to see the water stains either!
    There is some minor water staining.

Untitled-2.jpg

You can see the lighter blue / white-gray areas. That would be your water staining.

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Hello. I am a new member. I have been bitten by the pachinko bug ever since I found an 1970s Epoch Toy Pachinko on eBay recently for my two year old daughter, just like I used to have (and love) when I was a kid her age. I am looking to expand into "real" pachinkos.

I don't know tons about pachinkos, and I keep reading lots of posts on this forum trying to find a point-of-entry into the pachinko owndership. I want the older style with the lever-launcher for the balls, and I would like to buy one that works. I understand if it needs to be cleaned and such (or if something like a power supply needs replacement), but I don't want a major project on my hands where I will have to go out and get a graduate degree in Pachinkology.

Card Shark: I am hoping you could elaborate a little on "heading in another direction all together" after something was told to you by another member. I might be interested in this machine, but am curious as to the discussion(s) going on behind the scenes (if anyone would care to share). I don't have the budget to make a big mistake, but I can cover little things like if the power supply needed replacement.

To those of you who are looking critically at the pictures: Why am I having trouble seeing the water damage? Are we talking about those marble-looking patterns on the playfield?

Now is the time to thank all of you whose posts I have been reading over the last several months as I circle around and around looking for the right time/item to jump into the world of pachinko! Thank you for your continued help and I am really appreciative of this forum and any advice you offer.

-Dan
    glad to have ya join and post.. if there is anything i can do to help ya feel free to ask.. Ill shoot ya a PM as well

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast