Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet Computer Pachi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

Thats a lumina gt frame isn't it? No error codes displayed. It sounds like its doing what your countryman's star wars is doing?
    What wires are still connected to the aftermarket computer board and what colour plugs are they in?
    Ian #UKPachinko

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

I'm not sure what the error alarm is saying (can't read all the kanji on the screen from the video), but it might be an anti-tampering alarm. So try pressing the reset button with the door open rather than closed, or holding it down on power up.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Thats a lumina gt frame isn't it? No error codes displayed. It sounds like its doing what your countryman's star wars is doing?
    What wires are still connected to the aftermarket computer board and what colour plugs are they in?
    Well, nothing connected to the board on this one - I've taken them out. The Koda Kumi and Project Aquarion SANKYO frames both had remnants of computer cords attached, and were working. I then removed those components and tested at each stage - the games both still work.

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    I'm not sure what the error alarm is saying (can't read all the kanji on the screen from the video), but it might be an anti-tampering alarm. So try pressing the reset button with the door open rather than closed, or holding it down on power up.
    You mean the front door open? I've already held every conceivable reset button down while powering on. Opened the door too now (hadn't thought of that, thanks) but no difference. The ball launcher still shoots automatically as soon as I turn it on, and won't stop unless I push in the handle 'stop shoot' button. So at least that works - but some signal is being sent through wrongly.

I have an Aussie friend working in Japan for Janbari TV (Tom) and he's promised to pass around the screens to his Japanese pachi colleagues after I contacted him yesterday (planning a trip to see him). Now if they don't know, I'd be surprised.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So an update on where each machine is at:

* KODA KUMI「FEVER LIVE IN HALL」MF-T - power up perfectly and plays fine, no extra work needed and has had all computer pachi cords removed. SOLD.

* Hissatsu Shigotonin III - powers up fine but won't game start ie. shooter won't shoot. Have removed all components. Not touched for awhile.

* Misoru Hibari - Fully working - nothing extra needed. KEEPING

* CR Project Aquarion SF-TV - Powers up find and plays fine too. Removed all computer-pachi cords with no ill effects. SOLD

* CR EVANGELION SFW - powers up fine, and turns over video screen if balls manually dropped in start pockets, but will not shoot balls at all. Switched known working CR adaptor (from below machine) and made no difference. PROBLEM

* CR DEAD AGGRESSOR Fz - Has a loud siren at startup and won't shut-up - video is there though. Also won't shoot any balls except auto (I can't control the stroke, and can't shut it off). Switched CR adaptor with the machine above, and it made no difference. PROBLEM

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmmmm. All the machines I've tinkered with, the shooter comes under the frame electrics, So wouldn't have anything to do with the cel and credit scores. Taking in to account the shooter should only work if you have you hand on it and grounding ring. Would think that the shooter is getting a false ground from somewhere. if like on the lumina. From the cr adaptor, cable to a junction board, then a cable to the circuit board on the back of the shooter. Any of these been messed with?
    From what I read on daverob's site, a faulty dongle, would just stop the shooter working at all, not make it fire by itself. My star wars should be here by the end by the end of November. I hope that works out of the box, with no issues, Or I'll be joining the club

Eva#

oh. check the fuse on the cr board too It might be worth checking to see if power is making it to the cr board and down to the shooter

Are you using standard dongles or daverob credit ones?
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-28-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to just jut in and ask questions but are you tryin to get them to work without all the extra stuff and credit machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think there were multiply machines in one cabinet. Also the size and weight might be an issue for re-sell. Plus pachi's are rare in the land down under
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just so it's on the record clearly - I have zero interest in keeping these in their cabinets, for three big reasons.

1. The cabinets were set for arcade centre use and dispensed round prize balls at various junctures.
    These distract me from my preferred use of these machines in the home, where I much prefer them more Japanese 'parlour-like'.

2. I can't sell them quickly into the home market (the ones I'm not keeping) in their current setups here.

3. They are HUGE cabinets and more than double the space I need to store them.
    Living in a 1 bedroom apartment as I do currently, and with my current storage full, this isn't an option I can entertain.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

An update on where each machine is at for the new year:

* KODA KUMI「FEVER LIVE IN HALL」MF-T - power up perfectly and plays fine, no extra work needed and has had all computer pachi cords removed. SOLD.

* Hissatsu Shigotonin III - powers up fine but won't game start ie. shooter won't shoot. Have removed all components. Not touched for awhile. PROBLEM - haven't touched in a while

* Misoru Hibari - Fully working - nothing extra needed. KEEPING

* CR Project Aquarion SF-TV - Powers up find and plays fine too. Removed all computer-pachi cords with no ill effects. SOLD

* CR EVANGELION SFW - powers up fine, and turns over video screen if balls manually dropped in start pockets, but will not shoot balls at all. Switched known working CR adaptor (from below machine) and made no difference. PROBLEM - haven't touched in a while

* CR DEAD AGGRESSOR Fz - Has a 'hit reset switch' error occurring at start-up. After hitting the rest, a loud siren comes on and won't shut-up. Video is OK, and the shooter will settle with some fiddling. HAve already swapped out the CR adaptor with the machine above, and it made no difference. Have also unplugged all main board connectors and reseated, but no difference. This is annoying... PROBLEM

I'm trying to ready the Dead Aggressor machine for sale, to secure some much needed funds - so this is doubly frustrating.

Might have to become a parts machine!!!

15. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have noticed, through life when you run into a brick wall on something your trying to do. It is usually something you have overlooked. Essentially one small factor, we know it does not work but we know how it should work. That in itself is a big help. I know, you know your stuff but I encourage you to prepare your thoughts before giving these specific problems the "eye of death". Dude your Candyflip! Flizzle that shizzle! {D No but seriously you got this.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha... you make me laugh Wonders, thanks.

I'm trying a slightly different tack tonight (because I know the next job for the Aggressor would be to actually strip the damn thing bare, and put it back together).

So, am putting something loud and rockin' on the turntable, turning it up to -25db, and letting loose on the EVANGELION... this has got to be something simple.

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shooter still isn't moving - everything else is perfect.

Cut away the last of the loom wires... all is fine back there.

Here's some shots of the shooter, covered by a wire box (1st photo), internal angle (2nd), and slightly different angle (3rd).

Alpha?

EVA shooter back 1.jpg
    EVA shooter back 2.jpg

EVA shooter back 3.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here are two pics of the Eva 4 shooter area Jon
    with more to come
    eva 4 shooter area 1.jpgeva 4 shooter area 2.jpg
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

one more,
    eva 4 shooter area 3.jpgwhen I get home from work, I'll try to open it up a bit more if that will help

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    Shooter still isn't moving - everything else is perfect.

Cut away the last of the loom wires... all is fine back there.

Here's some shots of the shooter, covered by a wire box (1st photo), internal angle (2nd), and slightly different angle (3rd).

Alpha?

EVA shooter back 1.jpg
    EVA shooter back 2.jpg

EVA shooter back 3.jpg
    In picture #2, is part of the shooter motor where the white connector plugs in missing?
    hard to tell,might just be the angle of your pic
    Last edited by alphaminor; 03-08-2013 at 10:45 AM.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like the 3 pin lead coming out the left hand side has been messed with. Where does it go on your one?
    Ian #UKPachinko

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't get any better pictures without taking the shooter motor apart, but the Eva 4 is in a Bisty/Sankyo frame from the same time period as the Lumina,
    so after looking at a parts machine, it looks like the wires and connector are identical and that that they go into the shooter handle luminashooter wire.jpgluminashooter wire2.jpg

perhaps the shooter knob is not registering your hand
    Last edited by alphaminor; 03-08-2013 at 09:02 PM.

30. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

It's Easter - a time of reflection and time to assess where you are, a quarter of the way through a new year.

My assessment is I'm hopeless with electronics, am not getting these fixed, and need to do something radical.

To whit - I'm going to strip Evangelion to components, clean them all, and put it all back together (while videoing the whole thing)
    because I can't bring myself to sell this not working and take a probable $400 hit.

Lucky my vinyl collection is now substantial enough that I can get through this trial... Alice in Chains, Dylan, Billy Joel, Radiohead
    and Dead Can Dance while working through it,

ELO and Marvin Gaye should I actually succeed.

32. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Best of luck John!
    And what a great mix of tunes, especially Dead Can Dance

34. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alphaminor View Post
    Best of luck John!
    And what a great mix of tunes, especially Dead Can Dance