Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet Computer Pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

Was wondering the same thing this morning... not sure.

Picked up one of the transformers this morning (along with 2 more machines) which I want you all to have a look at. I don't think I can use them, but there's something I'm scratching my head about in regards to the input power.

Will post the photos shortly.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

If its a 230-24 vac transformer. The best place would be where the power for the battle counter joins the power for the machine.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry - I think I might not have been clear above.

The question I have on the transformer is something else.

Here is the trans : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15434632/JET...0V%20400VA.jpg

And some other relevant ones... the two machines, and the 24V dual point plug that the transformer leads too:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15434632/2morepachis.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15434632/24V%20dual%20plug.jpg

Now, the transformer is AC 100V input, AC24V 400VA output which is fine. But for use in Australia, they ran a 240V power plug into the back of the cabinet which had it's wires shorn that then lead back to this AC24V dual point switch, not the transformer.

It's that bit I don't get...how did they get the 240V converted down as the transformer doesn't seem to do it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A second transformer I guess which you never got. Or the labelling of the box is wrong. Maybe original from Japan and had the internals replaced open it up and have a look
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What I know about electronics and power would fit on a very small stamp...but, here's the internals. It doesn't look 'stock'.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15434632/transopenedup.jpg

I don't really need this transformer anyway - it's well overpowered for the machine outside of the arcade cab, and its huge (4x as big as our more 'normal' transformers we use on pachis).

I will need to buy new transformers for each machine. What config would be OK for machines of this age (~2007)

But I'm curious about these ones, and if they might be useful to someone should I sell them here.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

9. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unless you can take it out and see any labels I'd say it's the original 100-24v transformer. For the machine and battle counter I'd use a 7 or 8A transformer or 175VA or higher
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, no doubt it came over from Japan with the cabinets. The whole things got transported as is, neat, I'd say. It's the 240V conversion I'm still wondering about.

The last 2 cabs are still whole and in-situ at the warehouse. Monday I will take detailed video of the line from the power plug (or where it once was, as it's been cut off) back along it's line to the other attached lines, and see if we can't figure out exactly what they did.

But I'd say you are right - the cut off plug was perhaps also a 110V one (the original Japanese one) and they must have used an external, multi-point 240V step down transformer for all the machines to then plug into. It was *that* trans that they kept (removed) when the machines were ripped out of location. Good ones of those here (in the 3000W range) are worth upwards of $250 each.

I wonder if anyone in Australia will have use for a 110V --> 24v step down 400VA transformer???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

strip it for the copper
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I bought this lot from a scrap metal recycler - so maybe he'll buy the copper strips back off me?

How's the copper price right now?

Here's the toroidal transformer I'm looking at locally : TRANSFORMER - 25V + 25V 160VA TOROIDAL 2X25V160 | eBay

For those Kyoraku metal frames, how do I safely attach a toroidal transformer I wonder? The Sankyos all appear to be wood framed.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I bought this lot from a scrap metal recycler - so maybe he'll buy the copper strips back off me?

How's the copper price right now?

Here's the toroidal transformer I'm looking at locally : TRANSFORMER - 25V + 25V 160VA TOROIDAL 2X25V160 | eBay

For those Kyoraku metal frames, how do I safely attach a toroidal transformer I wonder? The Sankyos all appear to be wood framed.
    Copper? $3.73 per pound...according to this site.
    Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth? Not sure if this is a scrap price or what. Hope it helps!

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Copper? $3.73 per pound...according to this site.
    Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth? Not sure if this is a scrap price or what. Hope it helps!
    Thanks - but we were joking.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the toroids. I really have no clue about connecting these in, apart from what I read here.
    Is it easy? Is there a thread with a swap-over done already I can follow?

I'm going to save most of the battle counters for my own older hanemono machines, rather than connect them to this more modern lot and then 'give' them away.
    Not really very common here, so I think I'd prefer to keep them for my own use.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Should be a simple 4 wire connection unless you got a multi wound transformer. . 2 from the mains supply. 2 going to the short tail () on the back of the machine. Ideally the transformer is shiny and new and either came with instructions telling you what the 4 different coloured wires are. Or is marked on the transformer it's self.
    Ian #UKPachinko

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Should be a simple 4 wire connection unless you got a multi wound transformer. . 2 from the mains supply. 2 going to the short tail () on the back of the machine.
    Ha!

That's easy for YOU to say!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got the last of the machines in this morning, plus all the other bibs and bobs laying around.

Buying 6 of these Toroid transformers on the weekend to connect up : trans

PROJECT!!

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They should have either a 5 or 6 wire connector on them. Or just bare leads. Being new should get a little instruction piece of paper in with them
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Turns out that a toroidal needs a qualified electrician to install them in my state of Victoria, and as I've no need to fry myself, or break the law for the hell of it, I opted for some encapsulated conventional trannies instead. Buying 6 at once got me a lower price then the toroids - and these are nicely specced with their own onboard 250V side 1.25A fusing.
    If I received a machine with one of these on-board, I would be most pleased.

Even better - they need just two wires connected in and they can go in anyway at all (see pics) according to the guy at the store (ie. any wire - you can't wire these wrong).

Comments before I take the plunge?

http://db.tt/YPTylg0v

http://db.tt/K2FGKWyc

http://db.tt/y7JfFm8M

http://db.tt/1GBjhxXF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks good Rated 6.25A. Good idea to have a fuse on the mains side. All UK plugs have them in as standard,
    Simple connection too.
    Ian #UKPachinko

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

All plugged in - and all good, except... for the SANKYO Dead Aggressor machine (Lumina frame?)

I got the usual 'door switch/reset' japanese lady quacking at me with flashing frame lights... after a reset on the top button, she clears, but I get the wailing alarm which cannot be stopped until a power off. Still trying to figure what that might be.. nothing I can find on PT about that?

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Done so far :
    * taken all machines out of their cabs
    * removed all computer pachi components
    * bought and connected new power supplies (still need to be permanently installed in frame). The old stepdown transformers (100V -> 24V - 400VA) are now on eBay.

Still need :
    * all replacement barrel locks removed, or re-keys for the ones in there. As I have been advised (local locksmith), this is expensive and far easier to replace the originals. A new barrel lock with cam, of around 40mm, should fit and run about AUS$35 each lock here.
    * new feet made for each as they cannot stand on their own currently
    * run and tested to be 100% operational despite computer pachi modifcations (and reversed if needed)
    * cleaned up and vaccumed.
    Last edited by candyflip; 10-09-2012 at 07:34 AM.

33. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast