Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet Computer Pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pachi)

First machine is home with me now, extracted from it's cabinet housing this morning : it's CRぱちんこ必殺仕事人III XR65TF7 (from KYORAKU) better known as CR Hissatsu Shigotonin III

Here's some pics: first the pachis in their original computer cabinets before stripping...

rescrap warehouse pachis 1.jpg rescrap warehouse pachis 2.jpg

Now here's the Hissatsu Shigotonin III machine at home...

Hissatu Shigotin III front side.jpg Hissatu Shigotin III lower front.jpg Hissatu Shigotin III top side.jpg

and the various shots from the back with the computer pachi components still attached (mostly)...

Hissatu Shigotin III full back.jpg Hissatu Shigotin III bottom third back.jpg Hissatu Shigotin III 2nd third back.jpg Hissatu Shigotin III top third back.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

It looks like some of the wires are just spliced into the loom. I would trace and remove those first. The second pic shows a plug out by cn3 or at least different wiring than the machine. I would GUESS that would be the signal from the cel to the frame for payouts. I hope someone else can confirm that.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 09-17-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Extracting a Modern pachinko from a computer-controlled cabinet (Computer Pa

幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Denhomer has this machine and has kindly offered shots of his original back - I will post them shortly.

some other component shots:

Adapterplug.jpg CR Adapter

cybIII-B.jpg CybBII controller board (matches the 'A' controller board that was connected to the coin box mechanism) - this is after-market of course.

door jam.jpg door jam, machine out from the frame just a little - can't see a front door release??

Indyworksbox.jpg Indyworks controller box (yellow,white and black) - I think this went to the Battle Counter (same maker)

power plug 24.jpg Power plug is wired straight into the machine power switch, and the red sticker with '24' on it warns 'Takes ONLY 24 volt AC - do NOT plug into Mains'. Of course, this plug went into an outlet they built in, that then went through the main step-transformer.

Battlecounter.jpg One Battle Counter with each machine and a HEAP of wires.
    Last edited by candyflip; 09-17-2012 at 08:57 PM.

7. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like you have your work cut out for you,will be watching your progress closely,
    If you need any back pics of the Eva, just let me know
    Best of luck!
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

9. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, that is a big project. I am sure you will sort it out though.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I don't see it as too big actually...

1. I need to cut off/away the added components on the back that aren't 'original'.
    2. I need to plug back in the connections that belong where they originally were on a standard frame.
    3. I need to add a transformer of some type so it works on 240v local current.
    4. I need to get a door key cut, or the tumbler replaced in each with one that allows access.
    5. Clean-up, play tests and out the door.

oh, and some feet for each (probably fashioned out of the computer cabinet surrounds...)

compared to some projects going on around here, this one is a low difficulty rating... it just looks worse than perhaps it really is, I think.
    Last edited by candyflip; 09-17-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: some feet!

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

15. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent, hope everything goes smoothly.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK - got stuck into it last night.

I cut off the excess wiring related to the battle counter and unscrewed and removed the CYBIII controller, and unplugged connections to it where necessary.

spliced wires 003.jpg unscrewed, and almost removed...

Stripping that away left two modifications: the volume pots and wires, which I'll leave alone as I want them and they have been expertly wired in, and the RAM 'CLEAR switch'.

spliced wires 005.jpg RAM clear on the left, volume pots top right.

1. Do I need a RAM CLEAR switch?

spliced wires 004.jpg

Other wires left hanging include what you can see - lots of soldered and cut stuff done for the computer/coin box connections which I have also left alone. I'm afraid cutting these might render something inoperable elsewhere.

2. Can I safely remove these cut and re-soldered wires without removing other functionality I might need?

spliced wires 002.jpg spliced wires 001.jpg

Still trying to figure out if this machine needs an external transformer, or if the plug attached at the top right of the back of the machine, goes directly into a suitable power source?

3. Do I need a transformer added, before plugging into a step-down I already have waiting?

Thanks for all your help - hope this is interesting and of value to some now, or in future.

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1) Always good to have a way of wiping the memory Sent it to me and I'll attach it to the wife
    Was an additional one fitted because the extra board cover the one on the cel?

2) Depends what the final goal is. For re-sale as a cyclic machine. I would try to remove any wires that aren't used as it looks untidy and may put off buyers. I noticed that its a standard dongle fitted, I'd be wondering how they disabled the shooter after the 500 balls have been shot? But That would be on the frame part.

3) Unknown, Disconnect the feed from the back of the machine and anywhere else, Plug your transformer into a wall socket and use a volt meter to check the output,
    Ian #UKPachinko

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks clam!

1. Probably - I wonder what the original one looks like?

2. The disablement is somehow tied into that CYBIII board I think - hopefully removing it means that any amount of balls can be shot, but I'll really only know that once I can get power back to it.

3. I'll get a transformer back tomorrow and post pics, plus more photos of the machines in-situ, before my hack surgery on them!!

I'm feeling confident still that I might be able to get these working OK!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you pay for the flights and accommodation. I'll come give you a hand

Before de-soldering any wires. I would cut and label them with enough length on them so it would be possible to re-connect if needed. I think I would have started with the Sankyo as its easier to work out the plugs as they are all nicely colour coded. Then transfer the knowledge from that one to the others. But I've had many Sankyo cels and frames apart, so it's a bit biased.
    Ian #UKPachinko

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Photos from this morning - this is Misora Hibari, another Kyoraku model, in a Big Bang frame this time.

I'm doing the Kyoraku's first because I can remove them most easily - I have access to the door opening, and so can unscrew them from the computer pachi cabinets.

the Sankyo's will need (careful) forceful removal, as no keys, and no access to the screws located in the door jams, as I can't open the doors!

Here's the photos (I'm getting good at these removals - 20 mins!):

misora Hibari in situ 001.jpg misora Hibari in situ 002.jpg Front and back of machine in-cabinet

misora Hibari in situ 003.jpg misora Hibari in situ 005.jpg misora Hibari in situ 004 CYBIII A.jpg Back ripped off and wires/boards exposed. Last shot is the CYBIII-A board, on the back cabinet, which plugged into the attached-to-machine CYBIII-B board, seen previously.

misora Hibari in situ 006.jpg Power supply for machine, and Battle Counter, plugged into on-cab switch, which then goes down to the transformer in the lower section.

misora Hibari in situ 007.jpg misora Hibari in situ 008.jpg Door jam just opened, and then frame swinging out to show levers for opening available.

26. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whats the piece of paper have you found any spec for these CYBIII boards?

keep up the good work
    Ian #UKPachinko

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Whats the piece of paper have you found any spec for these CYBIII boards?

keep up the good work
    Now don't YOU have a keen eye?!

That is the original japanese language Misora Hibari spec sheet, along with a play guide, supplied to the parlour with the original machine. It's been laminated and placed in the backbox.

Hoping I find more of these in the other 4 machines!!

I'm looking for the CYBIII stuff - nothing yet. I think that might be the wrong tree to be barking up though as it's likely the name of the IC boards (alone), not the system that controls the pachis itself. Will know more when I rip apart the coins systems (next time).

30. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heres a link to the battle counter connections for CR Hissatsu Shigotonin III

http://daiichi.net/jp/pdf/kyouraku/21.pdf

And Misora Hibari

http://daiichi.net/jp/pdf/kyouraku/45.pdf

Hope that helps out a bit
    Ian #UKPachinko

32. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Latest photos from Misora Hibari after getting it home and doing a little more work:

misora Hibari CYBIII boards removed.jpg CYBIII board(s) removed from back

misora Hibari back ball chute removed 2.jpg This will not be able to be returned to non-cyclic without some difficulty - the ball system is entirely removed on the right side.

Misora Hibari RAM and volume stickers.jpg Stickers on back indicating the RAM clear switch, and that the volume pots are located on the inside of the front door.

misora Hibari CYBIII boards with conns.jpg The CYBIII board still attached, but with various parts unplugged.

misora Hibari door volume pots.jpg The volume pots are there on the bottom right of the open door (silvery metal things). Nicely done.

Misora Hibari Door lamp wires cut.jpg the 'Ball Tank Empty' light (which would have been constantly on in the arcade and thus a distraction) has been disconnected by neatly snipping two wires in the door.

Misora Hibari door lock removed.jpg the Kyoraku BIG BANG frame door lock, for which I have no key. Wonder what it costs to rekey a barrel lock like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

34. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a video of the Project Aquarion plugged in, with Battle Counter also on, in the cabinet before I ripped it out this morning.

So I know they DID work..

36. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm wondering what happened to the credit counter on ootari. More chance of winning a prize with the trap door open?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast