Thread: My mini pachinko collection...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My mini pachinko collection...

I wasn't sure where to post this, so please feel free to move the post where it is most appropriate.

After first finding and joining Pachitalk, I remembered some games I had as a kid. After several months of searching and bidding, I have put together an interesting little collection.

The games were called Pocket Games, made by a company called Tomy. Most of the games involved manipulting marbles in one fashion or another. What brought them to mind was I had a couple of Pocket Pachinko games. After some searching, I was able to get two of the ones I was looking for.

First two front.jpgFirst two back.jpg

The one on the left was released in 1978 and the one on the right which included a timer and motorized tulips was released in 1981.

I then found a similar game that was a knock-off released by Domino's Pizza as a promotional toy in 1989. This one is still in it's original packaging, so I have not played it yet.

Noid.jpg

This was a good start, but I had not found the one I was really looking for. Last week I found it. This game was released in 1975. In fact 1975 was the first year Tomy released the pocket games in the United States. They only released 4 varieties. Later, they added two more in 1976 and were up to 24 games by 1978. This game I had been searching for was simply titled "Tomy Pocket Pachinko Game". The main reason I wanted it though is that it is an Arrangeball!!! (sort of).

You start the game with 9 balls and shoot them into the play field with numbered pockets. The balls then appear in a numbered grid below the play field. The object is to form as many lines of 3 balls as possible.

Arrangeball front.jpgArrangeball back.jpg

This game was later re-titled "Tic Tac Score" two years later. My goal was to find one of the originals.

While searching for this, I stumbled across a knock-off released by another company with a Baseball theme.

Baseball.jpg

I will wrap this up with a shot of the entire collection. As far as I know, these were the only Pachinko games released by Tomy. I have found that there are quite a few knock-offs out there though.

Collection.jpg
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark