Thread: First time pachinko machine owner... what do I do now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First time pachinko machine owner... what do I do now?

Ok, I'll save the money for balls, god knows we all need more balls in our machines.

Thanks for the tip about the frame. I bought some wood glue today at wallyworld. My father in law is a carpenter so i will have him assist with the frame and cabinet. Does the frame need to be finished or anything, or do most leave the frame as is?

Thanks, I did see them Goldenstatetraders1 on eBay when I did a search for pachinko balls. I saved them in a search, so I can reference later, when I near the completion of my adventure with this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    Glad you are finding the site helpful.

You can save the money on the DVD's - all the information you will need is here, and the members can fill in anything that may be missing. Many of us restore vintage machines as a side business, and we are always ready to assist.

As for the frame, I have fixed many by squirting wood glue in the joints and then securing the corners with drywall screws (holes pre-drilled to prevent splitting, of course ). As for taking the frame apart, in my experience the corners are cross-nailed, so pulling apart the frame at the corners is difficult and usually causes more damage. Once the frame is sturdy, there should be about a 2-4 degree backward tilt to the play field. The machines were designed to have the tilt so that the balls drain properly from the bottom of the play field.

You can find Pachinko balls in various quantities on eBay. If you can get them for .04-.05 cents per ball after shipping is calculated in, then you got a fair deal. I have purchased them from a seller called goldenstatetraders1 many times and have always had a great experience. Just remember - the larger quantity you buy, the cheaper they will be per ball.

I think that addresses most of your questions. Keep them coming and we will keep responding.

~ Jeff

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Withoutink