Thread: resetting reels..HELP please!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default resetting reels..HELP please!

I have a machine that the jackpots hit on not the right things. Like someone has moved the reels. How can this be fixed? do I have to wait till it hits jackpot then manually turn reels to reflect what should be showing when jackpot hits? what is the easiest way to correctly do this..if any? Thanks,Rob.By the way,this is the machine I am talking about
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: resetting reels..HELP please!

Not sure on a pachislo. The reels can be moved manually with no affect to the payout. Therefore I believe the reels have something that senses the physical position of the reels themselves. I would guess the reel strips are in the wrong position in relation to the actual reels. Maybe someone removed the strips to clean them, & put them back on wrong? On a mechanical slot machine, you can pull the handle, put your hand inside and stop the fan (this stops the clock...and all moving parts), you can now move the reels to a winning combination, then release the fan and test payouts. Since a pachislo uses a computer with a random number generator...I don't have a clue on how to speed up the process, other than play untill the computer thinks you deserve a win. Then where do you put the reel strips? Most of my payouts are 15 with many different combos to achieve that...with a few 2 token or replay wins.Since a few members have done custom jobs and reprinted reel strips to change the theme of their machine...I'm sure they have figured out how to get it right! Good luck, but I can't be much help on this.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not 100% but I think the reels should align themselves when the machine is switched on? I may be wrong though?

However, it's
    quite possible that someone may have removed the reels, for whatever reason, and put them back in the wrong order

It's quite easy to check the reel strips, for all 3 reels by comparing what you have showing on reels 1,2 & 3 with the pics of the reel strips at the right hand side in this link from our RC

PachiTalk Research Center - Union Machinery - Catfish - PachiTalk
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Please give us the name of the Pachislo and the Manufacture. (so I can do some research)
    It might be a problem with the three reels not installed in the right locations.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

company=union. Machine model=catfish

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Brian, the link is in my post above

It's a 'catfish' made by Union Machinery

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The easiest way to do this is to:
    1.) Make sure reel 1,2, and 3 are in the correct order. I'm talking the actual drums with the reel strips on them (see the link hanabi posted). Sometimes people take them out for one reason or another and put them back in the wrong physical location. (looking at the pic you posted ...they are in the correct order. Well at least the strips are.) Once this is determined , proceed to step 2.

2.) Play till you score a replay. Physically move the reel strips WITHOUT moving the reels, and line 3 replay icons up on whichever playline won. Any 3 replay icons will do.

3.) Play again till you score another replay. HOPEFULLY at least 1 reel will have a replay icon. Physically move any reel strips that DO NOT have a replay icon to line up 3 replay icons on whichever payline won. You may have to do this quite a few times till you get them set.

Also make sure your strips are secured ...without slipping on the drums.
    Last edited by njmatt; 08-28-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Have a nice day

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to njmatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank You my Dear.

O.K. open up the Door and set all three reels so that the 7's are in line at the Top. Then look at the picture below and see if all three reels have the 2 symbols below the 7's in the same order as the ones in the Pic with Blue around them. If not swap the reels around to match the Picture below.

reel web.jpg Here are the Reels W/O the Blue Paint Brush added. reel 1 web.jpg

Another help is to note that the Right Reel has only one 7 on it, the Middle Reel has two 7's as does the Left Reel but the Middle Reel should have the second 7 one notch up from where the Left reel has it's second 7 placed.

Please let us know what you find.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you so much everyone who had taken the time to try to help. It is now fixed. The 3rd reel on the right was not aligned correctly and just needed adjusting when a free spin was hit I figured it out and realigned reels. Now all works fine. I know that the newer machines that I own auto adjust so to speak when you first turn them on. This older one does not. It might have gotten the 3rd reel moved when I cleaned it?IDK. But all is well now and again thank everyone!Rob

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to skynetbroadband