Thread: newbie to the forum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default newbie to the forum

Bought a Nishijin not sure A or B has the monkey face , manual shooter . was pretty dirty and got it going . My wife can't stop . on the wiring harness by the terminal block on the top right hand side facing the back . I know the white commons but there is a yellow wire not connected to the block and was wondering if it attached to the white common side of the block . so I can get the lights going . and can I get the bulds at radio shack it is missing 1 on the jackpot area . If you remove the staples on the plastic as long as everything lines back up is it ok to screw the plactic back to the mounting wood backing . I have another one in my shed I'm going to referb . all plastic and linkage .

I also got a Sankyo Big Slot with the 3 reels . love it . when i was a kid late 60's i got one and fix it and got it working ,they were going to burn it but I got it and been hooked . i've had a few over the years but recently started finding them again .

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to mfuller5117

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: newbie to the forum

try posting a picture of your machines.. and one of the the fuse block.. the lights are usualy a very simple circuit.. power in a micro switch or a leif switch to turn them on and off and a bulb..

think if it like a circle

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

​Welcome to Pachitalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I'm sure the Members would love to see pics

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk

Please do post some pictures when you get a chance. We love to look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by mfuller5117 View Post
    when i was a kid late 60's i got one and fix it and got it working ,they were going to burn it but I got it and been hooked .
    If you had a Nishijin most of those were actually imported in the mid 70's. Only way to get a machine in the 60's was to have someone overseas ship it back. Glad to hear you saved one from death though. Hope you have fun learning more about them and playing them again.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME to PachiTalk!
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: newbie to the forum

Bought a Nishijin not sure A or B ... I know the white commons but there is a yellow wire not connected to the block and was wondering if it attached to the white common side of the block . so I can get the lights going . and can I get the bulds at radio shack it is missing 1 on the jackpot area . If you remove the staples on the plastic as long as everything lines back up is it ok to screw the plactic back to the mounting wood backing . I have another one in my shed I'm going to referb . all plastic and linkage ...
    Sounds like a Model A and I don't think you need to hook up that loose wire. It might be for the parlor trouble light. It's easy enough to experiment. Test your bulb with a 9V battery and make sure the bulb works! Hook up 9V to two terminals and see if anything lights up. There are only two leaf switches and you can see if the contacts are touching. Try two different terminals if nothing works. Sometimes the leaf switch contacts need to be lightly sanded and sometimes the fuse holder is loose. There are a lot of things that can be wrong: the wires come loose from the leaf switch, the wires come loose from the bulb holder, the bulb holder can be corroded on the inside - to name a few.

Radio Shack does have the bulbs. They are 7.5V but will work ok. #272-1133; the bulb holders are #272-360; heavy duty 9V connector #270-324; battery clip #270-326

Before you remove the staples, look for the predrilled mounting holes in the plastic, predrill those holes for a #4 1/2" phillips head screw. Then when you remove the staples, it should go back where it was...
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMAG0826.jpgIMAG0829.jpgIMAG0830.jpg

a couple of pics of my machines the terminal block with the fuse ,the yellow wire I question goes to a leaf switch and a light

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mfuller5117

Thanks
    Thanks Received

carl thanks for the info on the bulbs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice model B there.

I see someone already removed one of the stud for power. though the white one is the wrong one to be left. Unless they went and modified the wires going to it.

Can you do me a favor and when you get a chance take that off and take a picture of the back. It will help out more. (Don't forget to mark to holes before you pull it off. )

Also just noticed you have the most basic model they offered with 1-2 lights. Both of which are only in the center. Kinda plain.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess was wrong, you have a Model B.

There are four screws that have to go back in the exact same location. Bottom right side, bottom big jackpot lever axle. Probably behind a dust cover...

See red circle in picture...

Four screws.jpg
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMAG0822.jpg

This is the back of the Nishijin machine the one with the yellow wire thats off by the block and missing bulb . . the only problem is the lights . I was told they worked just not sure about the one wire and I have rusty leaf switch . under the jackpot fill ben . the picture is before I cleaned everything up and got it back working the dust cover is off as I was in the process of cleaning out a mud dobber nest
    Last edited by mfuller5117; 08-22-2012 at 09:39 PM.

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mfuller5117

Thanks
    Thanks Received

take a look at this vid and see if it helps ya...

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have rusty leaf switch .
    You mean tarnished. As they are made of brass. Easiest way to fix that is to take a piece of 220 grit sand paper and sand down the little rivets that are sticking up until they are shiny. (I recommend taking the switch off the back, it makes it easier.) Don't use polish as it will make a thin layer and make it so electricity can't flow through it.

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Easiest way to fix that is to take a piece of 220 grit sand paper and sand down the little rivets that are sticking up until they are shiny. (I recommend taking the switch off the back, it makes it easier.) Don't use polish as it will make a thin layer and make it so electricity can't flow through it.
    You can also use a fine grit Emory board (available at all grocery and drug stores). I like the firmness and shape for cleaning the contacts on leaf switches without the need to remove them from the machine.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you find that ou have to remove the leaf switch be a bit carefull.. there has been several ocasions where i pulled a wire loose from the switch.. Fixing a broken solder on a leaf switch can be a giant giant pain..

if there not bent to Hell i usualy try to leave them in there place.. if there all bent up then i remove them and use duck bill pliers to straighten and a small hand file (like an emeory board) to clean the points..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just an update , I got my lights working . the yellow wire goes to the red lights on the right hand side of the machine , there are red ,white and blue and lights up the red one and goes to a leaf switch . thanks for all the help

25. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mfuller5117

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just an update , I got my lights working . the yellow wire goes to the red lights on the right hand side of the machine , there are red ,white and blue and lights up the red one and goes to a leaf switch . thanks for all the help
    Glad to hear you got it working.

If you need help with anything else just ask.