Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm new and have a machine that don't work

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I'm new and have a machine that don't work

After sleeping on it and a little more head scratching. It really sounds as if your machine is stuck in reset mode.

I know I'am beating a dead horse here, and you say you have reset the machine. Tell me this, go and turn the machine on and put a token in the coin acceptor. Where does the token go? Into the hopper or the coin tray. If it goes into the hopper your machine is in "game mode", if it goes into the coin tray it's in "reset mode".

Coin mechanisms have a magnet that releases or pulls a lever. In reset mode the magnet releases the lever. In game mode the magnet pulls the lever shut.

Do you here a "clicking sound" from the coin mechanism when you do the last step in the reset procedure, (turning the key to the left)?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No I don't hear any clicking noise at all.I see the magnet your talking about.With the machine on the magnet is not energized.Now looking at some pics of other machines it looks like there is a plastic cover missing off the coin mec,so I can see the token go through the mechanism .I have to go to work but maybe at lunch time I'll take a few pics or even better I'll try to take a vidio.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd try replacing the keyed reset switch. Just cut the two wires and replace it with a toggle switch.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I turn the key sw a LED light comes on the processor and it says key,so do you think I still should do that?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jcgauthier View Post
    I did do a hard reset,you say set you odds after I turn the machine back on but I get no led display to even show 1-6.I get no lights in the reels or buttons or even the ones on each side of the reels.The button that you see is missing is really there but rewired to behind the machine,but it does work because a led light will light up on the processor when I press it.Just like all the other led lights will light up too when I press a button.what does the (mod) led stand for?
    Hi, NIT (Brian) here.

Going to give you a few things to check. First off.

The Stop Board. Hanabi mother.jpg The White plugs will not have connections. These are Parlor interface Plugs. There should be a Black Plug with a 30 wire ribbon cable on the back side of the Stop Board. Is there one and is it connected? Even if it is not connected I have not found a Pachislo yet that will not pull in the magnet (if the machine is reset), allow Tokens to be credited and spin the reels. All that will happen if the stop board is not connected is the loss of using the Stop Buttons to stop the reels. After a certian period of time the Mother Board (yes you have it correct) will stop them.

If two led's flash as a Token is inserted then either the magnet is working or the lever / flap it pulls in is stuck closed. Does this look like your Token Acceptor?

COIN7.jpg

Azure, Eleco and Macy Pachislo's use this Token Acceptor.

In your "Quote" Above. I did do a hard reset,you say set you odds after I turn the machine back on
    but I get no led display to even show 1-6

Did you do the reset as Wayne-Ooo Stated to the Letter?

1) With the machine OFF, turn the reset key to the right.
    2) Turn the machine on.
    3) Set your odds (1-6).
    4) Hold down on the spin lever.
    5) Turn reset key to the left.

After Step 1 the Machine is never shut off. The key should be turned back to the left while it is still on after pressing the spin knob. When Steps 1 and 2 are done there should be a number display on either inside the Machine or outside on the front of the door. If there is no number displayed then do this.

You stated that when all knobs, buttons, are pushed an LED either turns on or off as you activate them. Correct? Also when a Token is inserted 2 LED's Flash. Here is where the Problem might be:

A Quote from one of your Threads.
    "I get NO display at all ..nothing... this is what we got to figure out. I know after I turn the key sw to the right and then turn the machine on I should get a display but I don't".

AH Ha ! ! !

With the Machine turned on watch the Mother Boards LED's as you turn the key switch to the right. Does an LED come on? If not then the key switch is more than likely bad. If it is not closing (or opening) the circuit to put the Machine into reset mode so the number display will not light up and you can not reset it.

Take a look at all of these and let us know what you find out. Also

Once we get this Pachi back up and running take the time to make up an "LED Listing". Each LED has a marking for it. Get a scratch pad, list all of the LED's by it's designator. PUSH, PULL and TUG everything and mark down what Button, Knob, Door Key to the left, Token insert and ECT. does and how it does it. LED "off to on" or "on to off".

Also once it is back up and running play the machine with the door open and keep the credits full (50) When the Hopper Spits out Tokens look for these LED's also. Once you have this on File (Don't loose it) if you ever run into a problem again this will be a BIG help to Troubleshoot your Pachi.
    Hanabi 1998.jpg

www.universal-777.com/product/slot/hanabi/ - Translator

Thank You Tony Jr.

Changing odds on a Pachislo - YouTube

72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

O.K. I Missed two Posts.

You posted them after I did mine. An LED does light up with the key Turned. Back to Square One.

Look at that Stop board 30 Pin Plug. Check the 1 amp Fuse in the Stop Board. Try to Activate as Many LED's as you can. Let us know of the ones that do not function.

Also... More Pic's. Since there are no displays lit on the door Please post clear Pics of the inner door and the LED's on the Motherboard with there lettering. You can also send me Hi Res Pics. I can take up to a 24 Mb e mail at a time. Let me Look at your Guts. . .

My AutoSlot (business e mail, Mod's you know the Drill) e mail is pachijunkie@bellsouth.net
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

8. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NIT, Happy to see you join in this thread. I'am about to run out of ideas, to get this machine going again.0059.gif

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I belive I got a loose connection for sure.At lunch time I went to take a video or the machine and show all the led lights that come on and all that.The lighting in the room was sucky ,so I moved the machine to a room with better light.So I began to rec everthing what I was doing.When I went to the front of the mahine here I got a 3 in the display for the first time.I was so surprised.Turn the key back to the left and then music started to play.Then i turn the mahine off and then it was back to the way it was in the begining.I'll put the video up later I'm at work now.I'm a mecanic and I know with ars if you have a bad connection and it starts to work then you turn it off and don't work again it's most lkly a loose wire.so I gotta check it all again.At least I know the processor is good.Thanks guys for all your help.It getting to be a little more motivated for me.

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to jcgauthier

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like you are getting close.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Keep Plugging at "IT" ! ! !

16. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well last night I came home convinced that it was a loose wire.I tuged and pulled everything checked evertyhing took apart everthing, all night I don't know how many times.All the LED lights on the processor are working .24v,5v,30v LED is on.ACM,AUM LEDs work (2slide buttons on the bottom of the power unit)I have them switched to the right.URT LED(door ) works when you push it down.MPS LED(is the first fliper the token would hit in the coin mec)it is on steady untill I push the flipper.KEY LED works when I turn the key on .RST is the reset ,work too.ME1,ME2 LEDs both light up when you pass a token BY the sens in the coin mec.I have to hold on to the token other wise it will fall out into the front tray.(The coin mec is the same as the one in the pic OUT OF TOWN posted up).STR LED joy stick in front ,it works when I push it up or down.CR1,CR2 LEDs is the 2 bet bouttons 1 and 2.They are both on steady untill I hit ethier button.SP1,SP2,SP3 LEDs they are the three stop buttons,they work when I push ethier button.RE1,RE2,RE3,LEDs are the reels,they will light up when I turn the reels to a curtain spot.HPH LEDis the switch on the side of the hopper ,it works too,ethier on or off.HPC LED (works) is a sensor for a coin shooting out of the hopper.I found that out the other night when I turn the hopper manualy with my hand a few tokens came out.MOD LED is on steady but will blink every 5 sec.OFB LED it will turn on when I cross the 2 metal progs in the coin buckit down below. Every LED works on the processor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I checked the fuse on the stop board.It's good.I got 24v going to it.I was going to put a video up from yesterday but I can't.For some reason I have to put it on you tube of facebook.I got no Facebook and you tube ,well I'mnot going to bother.I'll see if I can send it to( OUT of TOWN.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just tried to send a video by email and it won't let me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wonder even if the processor is showing that I got all three powers,5v 24v 30v .If it could be the power supply box?I'm ouuta Ideas.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess is something to do with the power supply also.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see one for sale on pashi parts I thinkit called for 25$ but then I got to pay for shipping and well...I think Iwould like to hear what( out of town) would have to say,he seems like he has played around lots with these.Just by reading other posts in this site.I belive I paid too much for this but not too crazy.I see one for sale thats 250$ and works.It's a pulsar I think,I would have to go back and look at the ad again to know for sure.I would put money into this one I have if I was sure what the problem was.I called a place online called stealth something like that. He told me what I didn't wanna hear ,my machine is old and he don't have much parts for it.Maybe this one is gonna be a parts machine...lol my first machine is a parts one.Well at least I know something about these now and I know when I look at one again I know what to offer money wise.The guy told me it was worth alot of money if I got it to work .Another living lesson learned.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update...Someone has altered the coin mechanism by crazy glueing a pieace of thin plastic in there so the coin would go in the hopper instead of going into the change tray.I got the pieace out now and its back the right way and the sensors seem to work properly,The machine does not pull the magnet in and now the coin alway falls out into the change tray ,the way it should be because the machine is not sending the signal to the magnet to pull it in.If I pass a coin through slowly with my finger and hold it in I see the LED lights on the prossor light up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds like that peice of plastic was added to the token mech to alter it from tokens to a different size coin,but didn't work to well.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would anyone know where I could get the schmatics for this machine?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast