Thread: Mounting pachinko machines in a wall questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Mounting pachinko machines in a wall questions

Hey guys its been awhile since I have been here. Has anyone posted any pics or plans of mounting their machines (in) a wall incorporating ball lifters as in a Parlor? I want to build a new wall in my new house and mount about 5 machines in it. I think someone posted about this a few years back but I can seem to find it. If not Ill figure out a system on my own.
    Led Zepplin

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Mounting pachinko machines in a wall questions

Sorry I can't help, but I sort of remember this being discussed before too..Maybe it was someone with access to both sides of the wall..nevermind, I'm not helping.. I just wanted to say that it sounds like a Rad project and that I hope you post pics when you do it!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Eddie

I seem to remember posts a long time back but can't seem to locate them right them

but in the meantime, here are 2 interesting threads i found whilst searching:

My cabinet...plans

Built-in Wall Mount

Whilst they may not be exactly what you are looking for, they may contain useful info

I will post if I find any other threads of course

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been planning this in my head for some time now. However everything consumes my time, and I can't seem to get started. Well over a year ago I put a 10 foot wide picture window in my living room. Therefore I have one wall smashed and 1/3 of my ceiling tore out, so I guess I got started. Being in Ohio, and winter is cold and long, I am going to add a 2X2 to each exterior wall stud, so I can use R19 insulation instead of R13. Once whole room is smashed, rewired (house built in 1890, so inadequate wiring and NO insulation), insulated, and drywalled...then I will build a stud wall framed out for pachinko machines. I want to make each machine open on its own hinges for servicing...and showing off the mechanics. The older ones from the '50 have no hinges, so I probably will make them hinge the whole frame out. Ball drain to ball lifter should be easy. Hopper to refill machines is my stumbling block. One issue is stopping ball flow, and draining machine hopper (ball dump) from machine before opening for service. Without this important step, Your entire upper hopper (the one that supplies balls to ALL machines) will dump on the floor! Then your ball lifter will take over to finish the job. Steve Cebu made a video of a heavy duty blast gate that looks great for the task! I have a home made idea in my head as well. Since I can't stop buying machines, I have more than the 7 or 8 that will fit in the 16' wall, I have considered double stacking machines, using the top row for display of machines that are duplicate style, like a '50s Ginza that I have decided to leave unrestored. Along with others that although the cell is different, has a similar operating system, and is represented below. The top machines will be display only (although functional) and will not be played...not gonna drag a ladder in for guests to play the top row! The top row will compliucate my ball distribution system...so I will make the final decision when actual construction begins. I don't plan well and my plans change as soon as I start building.(All battle plans change with 1st contact with the enemy!) I seem to do my best work as I go along. Once the wall is done, I move the pool table in. That being said, all machines will have a sheet of glass nearest the nails...and a sheet of Plexiglass nearest the pool table!

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    (house built in 1890
    Wow, my hat's off to you! (I don't have to tell you) that's a lot more work than simply removing old drywall board. Smashing is right! (Old plaster, wood support strips etc)
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you could play the top pachinkos with painter's stilts
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFury View Post
    Wow, my hat's off to you! (I don't have to tell you) that's a lot more work than simply removing old drywall board. Smashing is right! (Old plaster, wood support strips etc)
    Not to mention NONE of the studs are even...have to be shimmed up or belt sanded down...I guess it was up to the plasterer to level it. Also nothing is square, and nothing to screw drywall to in the corners. Dayton flooded in 1913...I found 3" of dry caked mud in the ceiling of my dining room!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    you could play the top pachinkos with painter's stilts
    ...and let the lost balls refill the machines below!