Thread: Pachinko silencer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko silencer

In my collection I have a couple of pachinko's which start up by sounding an alarm. Most of these stop sounding the alarm if you turn them on once in a while... except for one... the kyroraku stadium frame.
    This lets out a 30+ second alarm which is quite annoying to say the least.

Being tired of plugging my ears every time I start it up, I started thinking about a solution.
    The result came out in the form of this:
    DSC00854 (Large).jpg

This is a little timer circuit driving 2 relays for silencing up to 4 speakers... It is directly connected to a 24VAC power source for attaching to the transformer the pachinko uses. What it basically does is to disconnect the speaker wires (need to hook up every speaker to this print) for the first 50 seconds that the power is turned on.

I haven't been able to test this on a real machine, but I gave it a test run disconnecting power to a little led light, which worked flawlessly...
    I'm going to have to order new parts to make another one, because the one on picture is already sold to another member.

I was wondering if anybody is interested in having this for their own machines? I have no idea what it would cost if I have to 'mass' produce these, but I don't really expect it to be 'very cheap'. The parts for one of these cost me about 25$...

If anybody is interested I could also post a circuit diagram online for you to take out the soldering irons yourselves...

Let me know what you think of this little life saver.
    Pachinko: Horror Mansion, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ringu, Julie The Pinball, Yoon Sona, Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanafuda Monogatari
    Pachislo: Beatmania

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko silencer

I would certainly be interested in one for my JAWS machine.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Time relays can be quite pricey. But get your wiring right. You can use one that will do every machine. I don't have any of these alarm machines, so I'm good thank you. It's a good idea
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I missed you in the Shout Box. I am usually online all day while at work. However, I do get pulled away from my desk pretty often.

I would be interested in a pre-made one if the cost wasn't too high to justify it. I only have the one modern machine, JAWS. The initial alarm is extremely loud and I would love a solution to it. However it does only last 30 seconds, so if need be I can deal with it.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like it! I don't have an alarm machine...but I have heard about them. I think it would be a great idea to make and sell ready to install units at a price that is worth the cost of parts and your valuable time, and for a reasonable cost, the schematic and parts list for the more "do it yourself" crowd. The cost of the ready made ones will be higher, of course, because if it is too low, and takes up too much of your time...you quit making them, and no one benefits! Then, of course, people like me, who can make it from clearly made instructions, but hate spending too much money...and can make things that someone else invented, would be willing to buy at a smaller cost. H#LL, you could put together a parts bag with all the parts necessary to build it yourself...but don't have to go to the store and find the parts, (which may be more than one store) along with a schematic. This would cover all bases, and maximize both profit for your intellectual idea, time...for the ones you build, and make it avalible to as many skill levels as possible!
    PS My apologies to those who don't like the word "profit". But without profit...nothing happens! (would you go to work without profit?)

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didn't really want to make a profit out of this, this is just a basic timer circuit, just like the autostart from RaymondT.
    It's just that I don't have a circuit diagram ready to post. When I got some time, I'll draw it.
    I was just offering the service of making a couple to members who don't have access to the tools / don't have the skills.
    But in the current state, it does require you to lengthen all the needed wires from the speakers to a place in the back to connect to the circuit. So it requires quite some fiddling yourself.
    When there is 10 people or so that want one, I could have a circuit board printed, until then, I'll use the prototype boards.
    Pachinko: Horror Mansion, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ringu, Julie The Pinball, Yoon Sona, Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanafuda Monogatari

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me know when you produce some. I would be interested in one also for my Gladiator Evolution.
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think this would definitely be a good idea. However, I strongly feel you do deserve to make a profit to compensate you for your time and effort.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didn't mean "big profit", just enough to keep the product coming, if you spend too much time doing anything, and get nothing...you will stop doing it. It is still a great idea, and I hope many members benefit from it!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was thinking of maybe making these on a printed PCB, but number of people replying/liking here don't really justify it yet. I think I need to order around 30 pcb's and parts for it to make it to a quantum discount price to order everything.
    I'm going to wait for a bit more to see if interest goes up, because I'm not planning on spending a few hundred $ just to sell maybe 10 of these.
    Don't worry, I'll find a way to make these available

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good idea but before you go any further with production, I just bought one of these recently on ebay Altronix 6030 Multi-Purpose Timer Module | eBay for 16.55 (including shipping) which when powered up, activates an adjustable timer that drives a relay.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    Good idea but before you go any further with production, I just bought one of these recently on ebay Altronix 6030 Multi-Purpose Timer Module | eBay for 16.55 (including shipping) which when powered up, activates an adjustable timer that drives a relay.
    Nice! Let us know how it turns out when you get it!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    Thanks for the hint, this seems like a very nice module.
    Problem I see with this, is that it needs a dc voltage input, so you need to find one on your machine. And also, it drives 1 relay... My stadium frame has 3 speakers, that would set me back 45+$ for 3 of these modules and I have to find a suitable power source.

Good luck with installing yours, and please let us know how it goes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I actually bought it for another mod, my older unit doesn't make any noise at start up (anymore that is ).

I was just throwing it out there for you. I would think there is DC inside most of these units isn't there? There is in mine. I know they make a 24vdc too and perhaps even an ac version , a lot of alarms run ion 24 v ac.

You wouldn't need three of these, you can trip any amount of extra relays as needed from the main one.

In fact if you wanted to get really crazy and cost effective...and run the wires... with just one timing unit you could silence all the speakers in the whole lot of your machines with an "all power up strip" Each machine would have it's own 1 or 2 relays that powered up and shut the speakers off for whatever you set the timer for.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It shouldn't be to hard to replace a relay with one with more poles on it.
    Does the alarm sound through all 3 speakers or only one.

I'm currently building a circuit board for my ball dispenser, that has a 24vac input and 24vac, 12vdc and 5vdc outputs. Let's hope I don't fry any components.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I promised a schematic for my silencer, so here it is...
    WARNING:
    No warranties that this schematic is correct, I'm only human.
    Always be careful when working on electric things, you don't want to get zapped.

PachinkoSilencer.jpg
    Little explanation:
    The left part is a full bridge rectifier with a voltage regulator to get 12Vdc out the 24Vac you can apply to the X1 inputs.
    The right part is where the action happens. R2 and C2 form a normal RC circuit, which define the delay that the speakers will be cut as follows R(in kΩ) * C * 1.1 = milliseconds... in the schematic above: 100 * 470 * 1.1 = 51700 ms = 51.7 seconds.

You can take this resulting figure with a grain of salt, as the 555 is not that accurate...

Relays K1 and K2 are 6V DPDT relays, you can also use ST relays as long as they are normally closed.

You connect the speakers to the normally closed contacts of the relays, the circuit will activate the relay for the calculated time to pull these contacts open, after the time delay, they will close again.

You can use any type of relay you want, just make sure that the 555 you has enough power to drive the relays.

Here is a picture of the finished product in my stadium frame:
    DSC00953.jpg

Parts list:
    Part Value

C1 470µF/50V
    C2 470µF/25V
    D1-7 1N4004
    IC1 UA7812
    IC2 NE555
    K1-2 6V DPDT relay
    R1 180Ω / 1W
    R2 100kΩ / 1/4W

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would you be willing to build and sell a working unit?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I could do that, I guess, but with the shipping and time I put in making one, I doubt it will be much fun to pay for

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Send me a PM. Maybe we can work something out.