Thread: "Volume Controls"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default "Volume Controls"

Hi!

I ordered volume controls on Ebay and it didn't come with instructions. These are the "500ohm B curve".
    Each volume controller is a double barrel for two speaker (stereo). I want to install them to one of my pachislo slot machines. Does anybody know how to install these or am I missing another part for it? If anyone has any pictures or instructions on how to do this I would gladly appreciate it. I've never done these before except for plugging them into stereo speakers on my Sony Stereo System. Thanks. :-)

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: "Volume Controls"

I have only used these volume controls for my machines:

Volume Controls for Pachislo Slot Machine and Pachinko | eBay

They are extremely easy to install, no soldering required. The instructions are clear and simple. You will however need one for each speaker. I highly recommend them.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can only post pics of what is already in my hard drive as I have a bug that is making computer life difficult right now. But I still have words! I believe you have a 2 pot, 6 terminal, controlled by a single shaft, with 3 terminals per pot. Kind of like this one I put on my Spiderman 2.volume control 009.jpg As I look at the pic...I don't know why all 6 wires are used. I have to go to work soon, so I can't unbundle and trace right now. But, in general...1 pot and 1 speaker at a time, cut 1 wire on a speaker (I always use the +, but I don't know if it matters) and attach amp side to center terminal. Attach remaining cut wire (speaker side) to outer terminal. Functionally, it don't matter which side...one way it goes from loud to soft, the other it goes soft to loud. When you determine which side, do the same with other speaker, using same side outer terminal. If you use the other side...you just created a balance control! I had a schematic when I did mine, but threw it away when I was done. I believe I used the 3rd terminal to balance the load on the amp...or something like that, and I'm saying it wrong. Someone else will probably explain it better, and post better pics. If not I'll try to see what I did, and explain it better. Here are the other pics of the install.volume control 003.jpg Positive wire cut.volume control 005.jpg negative wire cut, apparantly this is where the 3rd terminal is balancing the load, but with all red wires I can't see what I did with it!volume control 008.jpg I am a FIRM BELIEVER of soldering the connections, then shrink tube. volume control 016.jpg If you can flush mount it, that's always a bonus!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are they these? Either single pole or double pole? (1 speaker or 2 speakers)

$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9csdBP+,jKMv9g~~60_12.jpg $T2eC16VHJGQE9noM,LBzBP+,frIYew~~60_12.jpg

If so and they have the two / four wires attached to them all you have to do is cut one wire on each speaker and connect the two wires from the volume control to the cut wire on your speaker.

I have this installed on my Spin Luck and it has held up now for 5 years.

You can either use electrical Tape where the connections are made or Wire Nuts which can be founf at Home Depot or Lowes.

Wire Nut.jpg

If you have the two speaker Volume Control here is the wiring for each part of the Volume Control. :

$T2eC16VHJGQE9noM,LBzBP+,frIYew~~60_12.jpg

If "These" are "They"

Spoiler
    Last edited by new in town; 08-13-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi!

I installed the ""500ohm B curve" volume control on my "Duel Dragon Pachislo Slot Machine" and worked great and brought the volume down very much. I can't get this to work on my "Charlies Angels Pachislo Slot Machine". Worked on it for 2 days and won't turn the volume down. Would I still have to cut a little more plastic of the volume wire to make this work better since the wire is like close to 1/4 inch long. Maybe this one doesn't work for fewer pachislo slot machines. Do you think the "18 gauge wire volume control" will guarantee to work on the "Charlies Angels Slot Machine"? Let me know if this will work. I'm going to try to order a few of these "18 Gauge Wire Volume Control" on Ebay. Does it have a knob or a button to lower the volume. Mine has the decent looking knobs. Thanks.

Chris