Thread: Evangelion 4 flashing lights

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Evangelion 4 flashing lights

Howdy folks...

I have the flashing lights / Japanese lady screaming alert on startup issue. Just got the machine today. I've read some of the other similar threads and most seem to have been fixed by fully depressing the door closed switch. Well... I've tried that. And I've reset a few hundred times. Everything else seems OK. I've been into fever and mission mode so far. Just no lights... no countdown 7 seg displays in mission mode, etc.

Are there other switches I need to be checking? I have noticed that there is a green wire in the lower door that's no longer screwed down (looks like a ground wire to me). And a similar green wire in the upper right (facing the back) of the unit (another ground?) that is actually cut off.

No errors are showing in the error display in back, though it rolls from 1 to 7 to - on startup.

I'd appreciate much help. Really don't want to go thru the hassle of returning the thing just for this.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Evangelion 4 flashing lights

a bit more info... The alert seems to be saying something like "looking for door" ??? (my Japanese is very rough). And the spin brake button does seem to be nonfunctional. Or at least it doesn't immediately stop spins like it does on my other machine (Nishijin Hanamankai Kiwame).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do you have any balls in the bottom front tray???

sometimes if you get to many there she will yell at you to empty the tray
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

4. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope... thanks for the suggestion - I checked it out, no change.

If anyone can understand it, here's a video of the startup / error.

Eva 4 startup error - YouTube

(note... google ipad translator couldn't get it, and when I tried to repeat, all I seem to get consistently is "cannot fly". I think my earlier idea of "door" is way off )

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its certainly not an instruction command.
    I think you were right with the door idea, But check the switches (Might be more than one) and the wiring back to the circuit board,
    My Super sea story has the switches bypassed now, so if needed you can open the door without the alarm going off.

Did you just buy it? From a dealer?

Might be worth just dropping them a message to see if they can help as well.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does it sound like it is saying "doa wa aite imas?" If it is then it is a door sensor issue and maybe something isn't connected properly or the front glass isn't fully closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumsize View Post
    Howdy folks...

I have the flashing lights / Japanese lady screaming alert on startup issue. Just got the machine today. I've read some of the other similar threads and most seem to have been fixed by fully depressing the door closed switch. Well... I've tried that. And I've reset a few hundred times. Everything else seems OK. I've been into fever and mission mode so far. Just no lights... no countdown 7 seg displays in mission mode, etc.

Are there other switches I need to be checking? I have noticed that there is a green wire in the lower door that's no longer screwed down (looks like a ground wire to me). And a similar green wire in the upper right (facing the back) of the unit (another ground?) that is actually cut off.

No errors are showing in the error display in back, though it rolls from 1 to 7 to - on startup.

I'd appreciate much help. Really don't want to go thru the hassle of returning the thing just for this.
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

9. The following user says "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check the video I linked to earlier... I thought it was a variation of "door is open"... "door wa aite-imas"... but it's not. I hear this - and mind you I can only hear from one ear these days... "tobidaite hidaite imasu"

I just got this today (via fedex... upside down... please put "this side up" when you ship!) from a dealer who has been great, but doesn't seem to have amassed as much info as this board has. My other machine had minor issues too. But reading pachitalk solved all issues.

I think I will try to bypass all door switches in the next day or two. I just need to make sure there aren't any more than the one at about 12:30 (clock-style) I need to bypass. Can't find any yet... but I trust my eyes only slightly more than I trust my ears.

Thanks folks.

PS: Solver of the problem will get some nice Asuka swag. I kid not.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't forget to check both doors. The front glass section and the one that opens the whole machine up. I guess they use a normally closed signal, My other machines do) So a faulty or damaged switch or a break in the wiring will cause an alarm to sound.
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi everyone,

Your machine may need a memory reset Press the tiny button in the recess near the lower left of the cell as you look at the back

Enjoy !!

LMK if you need a picture, I mean if you can't find the button.
    Last edited by rubberratt; 08-12-2012 at 11:21 AM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Howdy folks. Fixed it. After opening the back of the machine (parts outside of "cell" - ?) a telltale piece of broken plastic fell out. And after a nice nap and memory reset (mine, not the machine... i'd done that 20 times already ) i found that the switch for that back door in the upper right had been broken out of its mount. SO - clip, clip, solder, cap.. (i.e. made switch circuit closed) and now its working great.

Thanks for all the direction... you all are wonderful folks.

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize