Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Guy with 2 Nishijins, a few questions and one crazy idea

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Guy with 2 Nishijins, a few questions and one crazy idea

First of all I wanted to introduce myself, I have been lurking here for a few days and decided it is high time to post.

I first was introduced to pachinko when I was around 7 or 8 years old (although I didn't know it at the time). I used to play with some steel "marbles" engraved with katakana at my grandfather's house that he had brought back from his tours overseas in the Air Force. I still own a handful of them since his death, I am now in my mid 30's. Sometime later in life I determined them to be pachinco balls.

Last week while looking for a bakelite princess phone in an antique mall (long story) I came across a Nishijin B pachinko machine in a sellers booth "nonworking" and overpriced ($85). I went home and started searching Craigslist for units.

I ended up picking up a Nishijin A Singleshot "seashells" for $40 (the same as mudfud's restore "redspot" playfield...but with 2 more pockets??) and began the cleaning process. which I assure you will take some time. Luckily I have 3 kids, all of which are lending a hand in the cleaning process.

Afterwards I also ended up getting a Nishijin B with a bird center feature and a small bag of semi-clean balls, tested my now partially cleaned "A" with the balls from the "B" and she works like a champ, all 3 lights work, just need to clean her up more as the jackpot only likes loading one channel (the back one) the front channel is filled with grimey dust. tested the "B" and well...she works...but she has a problem (see bleow). i bought a box of balls from Bill and Shirley and James King's book on iBooks.

Nishijin B issue:
    when a player gets a jackpot the ball travels down the chute to the seasaw, which tips properly sending it to the curved jackpot arm chute. the ball lands on the arm and...nothing, the arm just sits there. I have read a few things and think I may just need to clean and polish the linkage pivot for the arm but any help would be appreciated.

(Crazy/Insane) Idea:
    Whilst i know it is an exercize in futility I really want to start an online Pachinko ball database. Where I can collect and document the various inscribed pachinko balls for cateloging. yes it is a daunting task ans silly. but as silly as it may sound the balls hold a sort of sentimental nostalga for me and possibly for others as well. thoughts? Ideas? critiques? (and if this already exists just let me know)

I'll post some pictures a bit later, and thanks all for what I have already learned thus far.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Guy with 2 Nishijins, a few questions and one crazy idea

Welcome to the Pachinko insanity!! It sounds like you have already drifted over to the Dark Side of the hobby. We are thrilled to have you as a member!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElZilchoTX View Post
    Nishijin B issue:
    when a player gets a jackpot the ball travels down the chute to the seasaw, which tips properly sending it to the curved jackpot arm chute. the ball lands on the arm and...nothing, the arm just sits there. I have read a few things and think I may just need to clean and polish the linkage pivot for the arm but any help would be appreciated.
    My initial thoughts on this issue is that the auto-stop mechanism is set so that the machine will stop paying out. This occurs when the top ball hopper is low or empty, and is designed to shut the machine down until an attendant comes to refill the upper hopper. How many balls do you have loaded up there? Are there enough to depress the white plastic piece at the top end of the ball track just below the opening of the top ball hopper?

Perhaps some other members will chime in with their thoughts, but in the meantime I would recommend you watch the video that Mopar made regarding how a Model B machine works. Hopefully it will help you along and address many basic questions you might have.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

Again, welcome to PachiTalk!! Please visit us daily and post often.

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 08-02-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

The idea of the pachinko ball database sounds interesting. I have never really examined mine to see the different engravings but would be glad to do so and take photos for you to use if it what be of any help.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk

First off congrats on saving 2 more machines from an uncertain future.

Pictures are always a must on this site as we consider them our form of payment for helping people.

As for the problem on the model B, I am kinda confused. If you post a picture of the area in which you think the problem is it will help. Basically from what I am thinking it just sounds like you need to have more balls in the machine.

Your website thing sounds cool. I don't think it would really be crazy but it might seem cool. My suggestion is don't pay the money for a domain name. Do what I have started to do and set up a website through a blogging site. (I used blogger.com) They are super easy to use, I think you can add as many pictures as you want (I don't know I haven't hit the limit yet) and the best part it is free. Plus people can still find your site through a google search.

If you have any further question or thoughts feel free to share. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

p.s. This hobby comes with a disclaimer (see below)

Warning: Pachinko machines tend to multiply with little to no notice.

100 machines and counting...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone, the only photos I have currently are the ones of my kids cleaning the "A" that are on my phone. I ...for now...am stuck at work for a few more hours

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the play field of my "A" as we began cleaning:7699570144_3ddbf15a2d_k.jpg
    Here are my helpers: 7699579062_46e5eb9953_b.jpg

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Man that playfield was filthy! Sometimes the clean up great others just need to be replaced. Just make sure you don't spray things on it directly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

child labor!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

15. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Man that playfield was filthy! Sometimes the clean up great others just need to be replaced. Just make sure you don't spray things on it directly.

The irony is, it is cleaning up fantastically, it is remarkably well preserved, under a protective coat of filth.

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well it appears photos will have to wait til the morning. I have about 250 balls in the machine currently. The ball gets stuck on the mechinisim that is immediately after the jackpot seesaw. So the seesaw tips drops the ball to the arm...and there it sits

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well it appears photos will have to wait til the morning. I have about 250 balls in the machine currently. The ball gets stuck on the mechinisim that is immediately after the jackpot seesaw. So the seesaw tips drops the ball to the arm...and there it sits
    That could be for a number of reasons.

A. Not enough balls (Doubt it as it will work with 250 just not as well)
    B. The white arms in the tray above the jackpot mech are in the wrong position
    C. There might be something under a cove jamming it
    D. The pivot rods are gummed up
    E. Something might be missing

Hard to say what it actually could be. (Also that is just a brief list. )

We can wait for the pictures.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Better yet, I'll also upload a video to YouTube as well!

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

I like your crazy ball idea!!

I'm sure with the tens of thousands of parlors there are enough different balls out there to keep you busy for a few decades!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

24. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi there!! and Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Sounds like a fun idea, would be great if you could keep us updated if you do go ahead

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok here is where the jackpot ball stops (sorry for the crappy pic, but I am pointing to a ball that is sitting on the arm behind the dust cover)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343998953.706299.jpg

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also here is a front shot of my "b"ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343999108.741405.jpg

As well as a shot of my partially cleaned "A" cellImageUploadedByTapatalk1343999175.500768.jpg

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok here is where the jackpot ball stops (sorry for the crappy pic, but I am pointing to a ball that is sitting on the arm behind the dust cover
    I'm sure you'll get some more opinions. To me it looks like there might be two balls stuck at the bottom of the same chute you are pointing at. The picture is blurry but if there are any lodged there, they need to be cleared out.

The see saw is "down" and needs to be reset via the plunger. (Left of your finger).

This will get wordy but here goes. Test the reset by pushing see saw to down position (already down in your picture) - it should UNLATCH the lever above the see saw. Push THAT lever down on right side (or up on left side) - it should activate the lever by your finger (releasing ball in jackpot ball chute) AND should lift see saw to UP position. Then gravity should take over and it will LATCH under its own weight. Sometimes with the dust cover off (like in your picture) the latch can get "bent out" and not properly allow the machine to reset. You can test this without any pachinko balls by sticking your finger in the opening where the see saw is - and moving the see saw and latch as described above. The machine needs to reset by gravity and it should be apparent if it does not LATCH.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the video as promised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VPbehQ65QM

33. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ElZilchoTX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the video!! It really helps.

Here is where I think your issue is. The winning ball exit arm that appears to be sticking is actually connected to a linkage that pivots on the lower right. That pivot connects to a vertical rod that triggers the jackpot payout mechanism. there are two white plastic pieces that serve as "stops" when there are no balls remaining in the lowest ball ramp leading to the payout mechanism (see attached pic). I am thinking that your stops are out of sequence, or there is something else stopping the winning ball exit arm linkage from moving. You may need to remove some of the covers to see what is going on.

If possible, snap some pics of the area I have circled on my photo and post back. I think that is where your payout issue begins.

Jeff

Pachi1.jpg
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

35. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast