Thread: HELP!! Biohazard/Resident Evil Pachislo Skill Stop Slot Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question HELP!! Biohazard/Resident Evil Pachislo Skill Stop Slot Machine

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and I first wanted to say Hello and I look forward to having great conversations about these incredible machines.

So, I purchased a Biohazard (aka Resident Evil) Pachislo Skill Stop Slot Machine (Which I know almost everyone knows what it is lol) at the beginning of the year. I won it off Ebay from an excellent husband and wife seller. These two were amazing when it came down to having some minor trouble shooting issues with the machine. Anyways, being a huge fan of the series I had to have this machine ( <--That's how I felt when I received this machine from Fedex). So the Ebay sellers gave me a universal manual that basically broke down the basics of it (such as where the volume control is, max payout, reset etc). My problem is, There is 2 buttons on the front that access a "Menu" screen and I messed around a little bit with it and figured out some of the things such as setting the date and time. But I am curious on the other options in the menu because it looks like it has something to do with the game (aka bonus rounds, art, etc).

I found someone else who had posted about this machine on this site, and someone posted the actual website to the manual. Sadly, the manual doesn't even look like it talks about the menu feature but more of the ART feature in the machine. I even had a DVD I purchased online before I brought the machine and that was more or less of a waste of money () as it was just doing an introduction for the machine when it released back in 2008.

I'm attaching a photo to show the menu option so everyone can see, but if anyone knows when I can find an English version of the manual or someone knows what each menu option is please, PLEASE let me know. This would help me greatly. If anyone needs to see more photos of the menu screen, just let me know and I'll post everything it shows in each menu option.

Thank you everyone in advance for taking the time to read this post and Again, I look forward to talking with everyone :-)!,
    - Rich (aka LockonValentine)

P.S.- One other question came to my mind, I see a lot of things about converting tokens into quarters for the machines. Does this harm the machine in the future and can you switch it back once it's done? I thought about doing this to charge my family/friends (lol, got to make extra money some how right?) but I wasn't sure if it would effect it in anyway.2012-07-29_18-56-39_459.jpg

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to LockonValentine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: HELP!! Biohazard/Resident Evil Pachislo Skill Stop Slot Machine

Hello

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

As you know these machines are made for the Japanese market and so most of the info available tends to be in Japanese, unless one of our members has managed to translate them.

A few members have asked about the menu screens regarding this model, and I know I have searched a few times to try and find a translation, but so far I think the only info I can find is the little guidebook link, that i believe you have already seen

My first Pachislo - Biohazard - Some Questions

There will be other posts and threads here discussing this model, but I haven't seen a translation so far, but I will keep looking and of course post if I find anything

The DVD you purchased will no doubt be a Promo DVD which is what manufacturers release to advertise their upcoming games, you tend to see them for sale on ebay from time to time and people buy them to collect, but I doubt they explain much in the way of in depth gameplay etc

Your other question is one that is often asked by new members, but as a hobby based forum, we do not discuss nor recommend converting pachislos to take currency, not only for the protection of our members (it can be illegal in some states) but because it really serves no useful purpose, pachislos are manufactured & designed to run on tokens, tokens are cheaper (you need 3 per play) and although i have never done this myself, I have read that messing with the coin mechs can cause all sorts of jamming problems even if you try and revert the conversion later.

So for a more trouble free and less stressful pachislo experience tokens are the recommended way to go.

You've come to the best resource for information, and I know we do have members with this model, so hopefully someone will see your post and offer some advice.

In the meantime, do post with any questions you may have , or if you just want to join in the general conversations, this is a friendly site and the members will make you very welcome

Last edited by hanabi; 07-30-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lockonvalentine, hi there! I am in a similar position to you... have NO idea what the menu does, just bought this (our first pachislot ever!) in late July. Having a blast EXCEPT for two things: (1) the reels seem to be auto-programmed, not a true skill stop game, which has kind of bummed us out. We've played each skill level, doesn't seem to be any non-programmed response to reels. We've been kind of hoping somewhere in those menus would help us address that, but don't know anyone that can translate them either. I've actually tinkered with the idea of doing pictures of which screens I've dared hit and Craig's listing a request for help.

Our other REALLY big issue is the big bonus. It just goes on forever and ever and ever... I went 150 rounds (seriously), the only way out of it is to reset the machine. Then of course you lose your progress. So there is a huge amount of the story in the machine we have not (and will not) get to see. We're actually hoping the menu will help us with that, too, somehow. True skill stops vs. auto-programmed reel response (we've even manually moved the reels around, no difference) could help with this.

If you ever get a translation (sounds like you were more daring then us, you at least figured out where the date and time is!), I'd be very, very grateful to see the results. I'd even pitch in to pay someone to translate if you're interested. I can be reached at as I'm terrible at checking the forum regularly.

Have a good day, all!

R,
    Sandy
    Last edited by hanabi; 09-03-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: email removed - safer to use PM system to exchange personal details

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the "Biohazard" Pachislo owners circle

I posted a thread on mine that came with a truly great extra bonus

Biohazard Aditional Info Strips in Japanese need translation Please
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

While some machines may have times when you do get to stop the reels in a way that affects game play I'm sorry to say that pachislos are just like American slot in that they will only win when the computer says its time to ..So I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the menus that will change that..

As for the big bonus, since I don't have this machine I have no clue, but I can say that if you were playing for real in a parlor and that happened you'd be pretty happy!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have received a translation to all the game menus (paid a wonderful young college student to do so; wow, he was fast, too! Pretty detailed, even did the scrolling text at the bottom of each submenu screen for me). If you want a PDF copy, drop me a line... Will need to figure out how to reach each other, as I think we are not allowed ot post email addresses. Maybe the moderator can help, as they read all posts before they go up... If I am allowed to upload the file (PDF), it's my pleasure to do so!

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to svandensen

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by svandensen View Post
    I have received a translation to all the game menus (paid a wonderful young college student to do so; wow, he was fast, too! Pretty detailed, even did the scrolling text at the bottom of each submenu screen for me). If you want a PDF copy, drop me a line... Will need to figure out how to reach each other, as I think we are not allowed ot post email addresses. Maybe the moderator can help, as they read all posts before they go up... If I am allowed to upload the file (PDF), it's my pleasure to do so!
    Hello

Whilst we don't allow the posting of personal email addresses in the public forums (as they are visible outside of PT) you can of course exchange your details / email addresses by using our PM (Private Messaging) System

You can access the PM System in a few ways, either click the Member you wish to contact's name, in the box at the left of each post to open up a drop-down menu and select 'Private Message'

Or you can visit a Members profile and go there and click the 'Private Message' option.

Or you can look across the top of the Forums above and select 'Private Messages' this is on the 2nd row and insert the name of the member you wish to contact.

Regarding the uploading of the PDF, I believe this will need to be sent direct to our Site Owner and Admin 'Sid', using the site email address: sid (at) pachitalk . com

If you have any problems at all, just let me know and I'll do my best to help
    Last edited by hanabi; 09-08-2012 at 03:40 AM.
    Angie ...

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello I am new to the site , I have one of these biohazard slot machines and have a question about it, I cant for the life of me remember how to start playing. I turn it open and it just keeps going to the option screen. any help would great !! I had it upplugged for a few months. thank you for all your help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can anyone on here help me out???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

*If members could direct replies to the following Thread that has been set up*

biohazard pachislot help please

it will keep it all in one place and avoid confusion,

many many thanks
    Angie ...

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi