Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

When Lt. Teddy and I were troubleshooting, the machine wouldn't pay out at all. Each "win" row had at least one light not working. Don had me move the bulbs around so that I had working bulbs in the top "win" row, then I dropped balls into the respective slots to get the lights to come on, and the machine paid out for that row. I then tried dropping balls in for the next row that had a bulb or two out, but no payout. Now that I have replaced all of the bulbs, all combinations pay out as designed.

I would agree with your assessment regarding having a machine not working due to a bulb being out, however it seems my machine will not pay if a bulb is out. Strange...
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting. You could verify by doing the aforementioned test and it may in fact be that your machine is different for some reason. Be good to know for sure for future troubleshooting on other machines. Without knowing for sure I still think it was the leaf switches that were faulty.
    Willing to bet that if you drop a ball in a pocket, pull its bulb on the matrix off, and test with a multimeter that you'll find there's a voltage on those two prongs. This means that the machine knows there's a ball in that pocket hence the current. I cant see it being the other way around where a functional bulb needs to be present for the machine to know a ball is in whatever pocket and therefore send current. Like putting the cart before the horse so to speak.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That might explain the payout problem on my machine.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[QUOTE=Card Shark;462283]That might explain the payout problem on machine.

I dont think machines were made so that they won't payout with burnt or missing bulbs. Anything is possible but in the 17 arrange ball machines I've personally owned, that's not been the situation.
    In any case, I have the same Satomi Lion machine as you and I pulled multiple bulbs out and it still paid out normally. I suspect you have a faulty circuit board component(s).

6. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My circuit boards are supposed to be ready. Hoping to pick them up this week to test them out.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If nothing else I have learned about arrangeball machines and their components is that anything you do to try and make it work right can have both good and bad results. The reason I told him to fix all of the bulbs and check the ball drop area and the contacts is that just messing around can fix something that is stuck. I have learned alot while trying ( lol ) to make mine work and am always trying to improve mine. I am happy that the hustler is playing like it should. I am down to ten arrangeballs and seven are working like they should and one is close and one is far and the other one is a work in progress that might never work perfectly but I am trying. Sometimes when you get help it helps and sometimes the smoke flies. But help in my case is always appreciated. Now if Jeff would just sell me one of his machines I would be a buyer. Like I need another one LOL. But their is always room for another different arrangeball.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am definitely in the market if another arrangeball presents itself. Until then I will keep tinkering with mine until it is working properly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I started working on disassembling and cleaning the Hustler machine last night. I hope to have it completed this weekend.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[QUOTE=Card Shark;462701]My circuit boards are supposed to be ready. Hoping to pick them up this week to test them out.[/QUOTE
    Nice, I hope it's all sorted out so you can finally enjoy that great machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you. I am very excited about it finally being up and running.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    If nothing else I have learned about arrangeball machines and their components is that anything you do to try and make it work right can have both good and bad results. The reason I told him to fix all of the bulbs and check the ball drop area and the contacts is that just messing around can fix something that is stuck. I have learned alot while trying ( lol ) to make mine work and am always trying to improve mine. I am happy that the hustler is playing like it should. I am down to ten arrangeballs and seven are working like they should and one is close and one is far and the other one is a work in progress that might never work perfectly but I am trying. Sometimes when you get help it helps and sometimes the smoke flies. But help in my case is always appreciated. Now if Jeff would just sell me one of his machines I would be a buyer. Like I need another one LOL. But their is always room for another different arrangeball.
    That's good adviceand frequently fixes any issues. I had two dirty ball pocket microswitches on this same machine when I got it. Took me forever to narrow it down to those two since they looked fine and made the proper clicking sound but their internal contacts were dirty. Circuit boards are a different story since I have little ability when it comes to that. My Buffalo machine is getting fixed at a local place that I was lucky to find. Long story short, the machine powered up but that was about it when I picked it up a long time ago and until now it's been on the project backburner. Anyway, 3 total IC chips were bad and had to be replaced. Currently the machine works fine with the exception of the payout button not working. The chip responsible for this is a 74150 and costs a couple bucks apiece and is on order since the repair guy had none in stock. That data might help someone out with a similar issue but could also release the magic smoke unless you know what you're doing.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    That's good adviceand frequently fixes any issues. I had two dirty ball pocket microswitches on this same machine when I got it. Took me forever to narrow it down to those two since they looked fine and made the proper clicking sound but their internal contacts were dirty. Circuit boards are a different story since I have little ability when it comes to that. My Buffalo machine is getting fixed at a local place that I was lucky to find. Long story short, the machine powered up but that was about it when I picked it up a long time ago and until now it's been on the project backburner. Anyway, 3 total IC chips were bad and had to be replaced. Currently the machine works fine with the exception of the payout button not working. The chip responsible for this is a 74150 and costs a couple bucks apiece and is on order since the repair guy had none in stock. That data might help someone out with a similar issue but could also release the magic smoke unless you know what you're doing.
    So did you take the whole machine in to the local place? Do you have any idea what they charge?

Where is the place and do they give estimates?
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

brought the whole machine in for a few reasons: i wanted all the components on the boards checked-he replaced some out of spec caps and resistors that weren't bad but on their way to failing in addition to the things that were definitely not working.
    -he can also check for broken wires or bad traces, etc which wouldn't have been possible if i just brought the boards in
    -he needs the whole machine to function check it to verify that his repairs were successful
    -no estimate though
    as for the price i'm not sure yet. he's put a lot of time on it and has had it for quite awhile now. partly because as he troubleshoots he's found bad chips which i then order (so i can save the process time by researching and buying the chips as soon as he tells me what he needs. that way it's gets done ASAP) and then ship to him. then he's on to the next problem. gave him a copy of the same schematics i gave you in hopes that they would help somewhat even though it's a slightly different machine. but i don't think they were that big of a help. as we've stated before, not having schematics adds a large amount of time which translates into cost.
    now that it's finally wrapping up i'm guessing it'll be a few hundred bucks when it's all said and done.
    Last edited by emmadog; 08-26-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    brought the whole machine in for a few reasons: i wanted all the components on the boards checked-he replaced some out of spec caps and resistors that weren't bad but on their way to failing in addition to the things that were definitely not working.
    -he can also check for broken wires or bad traces, etc which wouldn't have been possible if i just brought the boards in
    -he needs the whole machine to function check it to verify that his repairs were successful
    -no estimate though
    as for the price i'm not sure yet. he's put a lot of time on it and has had it for quite awhile now. partly because as he troubleshoots he's found bad chips which i then order (so i can save the process time by researching and buying the chips as soon as he tells me what he needs. that way it's gets done ASAP) and then ship to him. then he's on to the next problem. gave him a copy of the same schematics i gave you in hopes that they would help somewhat even though it's a slightly different machine. but i don't think they were that big of a help. as we've stated before, not having schematics adds a large amount of time which translates into cost.
    now that it's finally wrapping up i'm guessing it'll be a few hundred bucks when it's all said and done.

Does he have a business or does he do it from home. Could we get a contact number as I will be going to Portland on Friday and could drop off a machine. Thank You don
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just acquired a "Hustler" Machine and need to go through to still. Seems the ball return is broken where the metal access plate (spring loaded) is. I assume this is to clear jams? regardless I have it blocked and it plays but it only responds to the first coin. After I play all of the balls it's unresponsive to additional coins or replay button.

I just got this thing and only have about an hour into exploring this. It's in rough shape, faded play field and rusted trim, but it plays the first round of balls well...
    Photo Dec 15, 6 38 04 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 15, 7 08 06 PM.jpg

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heya, did anyone figure out the year for this machine?
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If there’s a tax stamp then you can narrow it down to within the year it was operational. About half my arrange ball machines have the date stamped inside the cabinet somewhere.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since the forum has been hounding me... 'Why don't you post something...'

I've been doing digital representations of pachinko machines in Algodoo and recently adjusted it to handle Arrange Ball configurations.
    HShot1.jpg
    Earlier you discussed the scoring system and want to ask a few questions.

The Red and Green Zones: My understanding is they double only their two rows if lit.
    And the Double UP (awards a token which I missed first time) and Bottom two rows only.

The Top Full Chance only awards a token - but will it pay multiple if hit more than once?
    The Double UP - if hit more than once will that multiplier stack?

I know there was mention of a max payout setting of 5 or 10 which means most of the doubling stuff is nonsense just to get hopes up.
    Once I replace my video editing software will start putting up YouTube of these running again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The max setting is frequently adjustable and on Satomi machines it’s typically a small slider switch on the circuit board mounted on the lower left back of the machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2