Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

Well, my new toy arrive last Wednesday and I finally had time to unpack and tinker with it a bit. Although it was packed fairly well, the shipper I spoke with did not follow my directions to the letter as I had requested. I had requested it be double boxed, the inside be packed with material to cushion the circuit boards and prevent them from coming loose, and I asked that the box be clearly marked in a manner so the machine would travel point-to-point in it's normal upright position. When it arrived, it was laying on it's front on my porch, there was only the one box it came in, and the inside of the machine did not have any packing material filling the empty space. Despite all of the "flaws" with the packing, it arrived in pristine condition!!

Satomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 002 (Large).jpgSatomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 005 (Large).jpgSatomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 006 (Large).jpgSatomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 007 (Large).jpg

The machine is called "Hustler" and has a Billiards or Pool theme - it will go perfectly in the basement next to my pool table! The machine has years of dirt and grime in the normal places, but all should clean up easily. It came with 18 standard Pachinko balls and six ball bearings that are a bit smaller. No tokens were included, but there was a piece of paper inside the machine with diagrams and some Japanese writing.

IMG_0261 (Large).jpgIMG_0262 (Large).jpgSatomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 048 (Large).jpg

I checked all of the connections inside the machine and verified the transformer before connecting it to power. All looked good, so I went ahead and plugged her in. NOTHING!! After checking around a bit, I found that there is a main power switch inside the machine above the fuse - something my other arrange ball doesn't have. Once I turned on the switch, I saw an LED light on the circuit board illuminate.

Satomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 027 (Large).jpgSatomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 028 (Large).jpg

I started out by dropping a ball in each of the 16 win pockets at the bottom to make sure the lights in the center matrix illuminated. Unfortunately, five of the lights appear to be out. Next I dropped a ball into each of the pockets in the play field to make sure they worked. All did.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

Next I tried to get the machine to pay out tokens with all of the win pockets filled. I pressed the red button under the coin return and nothing happened. So I tried dropping another token in the coin slot, but still nothing happened. There are two "Instant Win" pockets at the 12:00 and 6:00 positions on the play field, and when I drop tokens in those pockets I do get a single token paid out, so at least I know that the solenoid is working.

Satomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 030 (Large).jpg

Thanks to Lt. Teddy's tech support assistance, we were able to verify that the burnt and/or loosely connected bulbs in the center matrix were the cause of the missing payouts. I rearranged the bulbs so that I had an entire sequence illuminated for a payout. Once all bulbs in the winning sequence were illuminated, the machine paid out correctly. Now I just need to order some new bulbs from Bulb Town so that I can get all jackpot sequences working.

Satomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 034 (Large).jpg

The game play is simple - Reading left to right on the matrix below, if you get a ball in each of the coorsponding numbered win pockets, you get the payout in yellow in the right. So for instance, a ball landing in the #6, #2, and #14 pockets will illuminate the lights across the top of the matrix, and one token will be awarded at the end of the game. The same goes for the #11, #1, #15, and #5...and so on. With regards to the Green Zone and Red Zone, I haven't quite figured out what those do.

Satomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 047 (Large).jpg

If I manage to get a ball through the "Double Up" pocket below the Center Matrix, then I will instantly be paid a token, and a winning combination on either of the last two rows will pay out double the normal win.

Another unusual thing about this machine is the ashtray. It is round, and you pull it towards you and rotate it to empty. I have never seen one like it before.

Satomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 024 (Large).jpgSatomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 043 (Large).jpg
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

4. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

6. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I always wonder if in fact the "this end up" stickers make a difference.
    I sent the pic of the instructions to my guy do he will prolly have that translated sometime tomorrow. I haven't sent anything to him in awhile do we'll see.
    On the matrix, the green and red zones each are under certain numbers so maybe balls in those pockets light those numbers???
    That is a very cool ashtray btw.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

8. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Insert "so" for "do" in my posts. My phone typing is less than accurate. Anyway, I was trying to place your machine chronologically amongst other Satomis and it's interesting because there are several different design features when compared to other Satomis. Such as the ashtray, lower marquee, lack of score bar, and of course game play. I think it's newer than the Balloons machine and maybe Lion machines but not as new as my Robots or Sam Diego which I think are about the last Satomi generation. Have you seen a date stamp anywhere on it. Sometimes they are on the left interior wooden edge of the frame just behind the inner glass layer. I've seen that on Satomis and Taiyos. Would be interesting to see the year of manufacture.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is that sticker on the top front of the machine covering another sticker??
    Last edited by hanabi; 07-15-2012 at 05:25 AM. Reason: t

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Is that sticker on the top front of the machine covering another sticker??
    Yes, it is covering up another sticker attached directly to the Formica, but I am unable to determine what it said.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

12. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Have you seen a date stamp anywhere on it. Sometimes they are on the left interior wooden edge of the frame just behind the inner glass layer. I've seen that on Satomis and Taiyos. Would be interesting to see the year of manufacture.
    There is a silver sticker in the area you describe, however some of the characters on it have either faded or worn off. The only numbers I can see are "08" which I doubt is even close to the year of manufacture. I will try to snap a close-up pic of it and post it this afternoon.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's probably it as they usually are a metallic silver and the characters are frequently worn partially away. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Coupla pics for reference:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342360699.370555.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1342360711.962053.jpg
    So based on the Satomi date stamp convention, we know your machine was built in August.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK.. here is a quick picture of the sticker on mine...

Satomi Hustler Miracle Arrange Ball 049 (Large).jpg
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

damn, looks like it's pretty well erased. thanks though. as far as placing the age-i'd say it's between the two satomi date stamps i posted. of course that's vague and covers 7 years which is about 2/3 of the entire arrangeball production span.
    in response to mr. gneiss' question, the stickers placed atop the frame of the machine denote the max amount of coins that will be paid out. looks like yours was changed at some point and a new sticker was placed to reflect that. most machines are either 5 or 10 but some pay up to 15. a few are adjustable but most aren't. could be that each machine came with several stickers from the factory and the correct one was placed depending on where the machine ended up according to law or the parlor owner's wishes.
    Last edited by emmadog; 07-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great Machine..

Im glad to hear it's all working for ya..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How to Play Miracle Hustler
    *Inserting a medal into the machine will make 16 balls line up in the front.
    *Hit the balls aiming for the numbered holes. When the lamps are lit as follows, you win.
    6-2-14…… 1 point 11-1-15-5…… 1 point
    13-7-3-9…… 2 points 10-4-12-8-16…… 3 points
    (These next pictures are a bit hard to reproduce in word, so I’ll just tell you that the character on the right means point, and the one on the left next to the pictures of the medals by double up and full chance is just a counter, meaning 1 medal.)
    *Balls that pass through the replay course can be hit again.
    *Upon ending the game and either inserting another medal into the machine or pressing the settle accounts button, a number of medals equal to your score will be dispensed.
    *Adding medals or pressing the settle accounts button while a game is ongoing is ineffective.

That's the translation from my guy. Sometimes the instructions are thorough and sometimes cryptic but all these machines are simple.

22. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

After checking the Satomi that I have here that is closest to you (The OLY) the light bulb size for the matrix in this machine is 2182.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

24. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The serial number on your machine is 00566 and the one on mine is 02421. Another Satomi I have has a serial number of 14692. I have another one in Arizona but I do not know what serial number it has.

In case you do not get home in time I think another problem that you saw was the light bulbs that were sticking out further. I would bet that if you took them out and put them back in after fixing the alignment of the wires they would fit right. The wires could even be crossed from improper alignment. Just a thought in my opinion.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

But do the serial numbers run through all machines made by Satomi or did each model type have its own run of numbers? That's the question and I'd guess it's the latter.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

***BUMP***

Well, by the time my Satomi arrange ball arrived, my work load picked up ten-fold!! The machine has been sitting on the floor in my family room begging me to give it some attention. When I last had some time to explore/play with it, it wasn't paying out tokens correctly, and it had some bulbs that wouldn't light. With Lt. Teddy's phone support, we were able to determine that this machine (and presumably others) need to have the bulbs working in order for the machine to know what pockets the balls landed in, therefore telling the machine what to pay out. So I was able to order some new bulbs right before I was hit with the landslide of work from two of my three careers.

Well the bulbs arrived promptly, however I still didn't have any free time to install them, so they sat on top of the Satomi in my family room as a reminder to me that I needed to find some time to play. Today offered me a few hours of reprieve, so I took the Satomi out to my workshop and replaced all of the bulbs in the center area with new. I also adjusted all of the leaf switches so that they would trigger correctly when a ball landed in the respective pocket. I then reset the machine, dropped a ball in each and every pocket on the play field, then hit the payout button and immediately found joy!! She works like a Champ now and pays out tokens as instructions sticker says it should!!

I spent about an hour playing the machine and have fallen in love with it!! The next order of business will be to take it apart and clean/recondition it, but I am not expecting that time to come for another month or two, the way my career life is going right now.

Anyhow, I wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know that my Hustler machine is ALIVE and working, and now I have a new toy to play with whenever I find a few minutes of free time.
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 08-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

29. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations. A question: If you hand feed in the balls and all of the pockets are lit, what is the max payout. Have you found a switch or in some cases a plug that changes the max payout. Thank You
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great news that you got it working and maybe when you get the time a vid would be great. that's curious about the bulbs needing to be functional to
    'tell" the computer what is going on. i am skeptical of that though as it doesn't seem like the machine would suddenly be out of order when a light goes out. and if it did, it seems that the designers would have engineered it so the stop light/low token light would come on to alert the parlor owner. a machine not working is not earning money. i suspect it was the adjustment of the leaf switches that fixed the problem as i experienced the same exact thing on a satomi of mine. but just to compare, i pulled a light out of the matrix on 3 of my satomis and the correct score light still came on and the payouts were correct. of course i could be wrong and if you're inclined at some point you could do the test to verify now that it's working.

32. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast