Thread: Janken Battle Pachinko Machine Japanese Pinball - $150 Lakewood, CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Janken Battle Pachinko Machine Japanese Pinball - $150 (Lakewood, CO)

This one is not too far from me, so I would be happy to assist any member interested in purchasing it.

Janken Battle Pachinko Machine
    Manufactured by Sankyo around 2004

I've had this machine since 2006. It came from a smoke free facility and has been since. It's 100% functional. Fully working LCD screen, working mechanical hand that plays rock paper scissors, working moving tray and jackpot slot. All lights are functional and sound is nice and loud. This is a very entertaining game and somewhat complicated. It comes with a machine key and around 1000 pachinko balls. I've kept it in good condition. It's housed in a wood frame so the back is open to access and has feet to allow it to stand on a table or floor.

This item is available for pickup or I can meet the buyer if in the northern Lakewood area.

Random feature list I found on the Internet:

First we are going to start with the Play Board. Check it out! It has a huge High Definition LCD Video slot. It has amazing Interactive Animation for Rock, Paper, and Scissors. It has Computerized Light Patterns that guide you through Bonus play, Jackpot play, AND the Multi-Game Jackpot. It also has Secret Passage play, Ball Gate Animation, and Flipper Action. IT HAS IT ALL!! is the Play Board!!
    THE INTERACTIVE PLAY BUTTON
    On the bottom left side of the machine is the Interactive button. It is directly left of the ashtray. By the way, this machine comes from a non smoking Pachinko parlor. When you need to make a decision or select a course of action the button turns bright Red. Choose carefully because only the correct response will allow you to continue toward the ultimate goal. Winning the GIANT JACKPOT!!
    THE JANKEN HAND
    Located to the right side of the High Definition LCD video is the Animated Janken Hand. You will use your hand to do Janken (Rock, Paper, Scissors) battle with Janken Jester, Janken Bot, and Janken Ace. We will cover all three of these mighty Janken warriors in the next section. Your Janken hand can be Rock or Paper or Scissors. For the remote possibility that you are not familiar with the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors look close to the bottom of this ad. T you will see a section WANT TO PLAY JANKEN. You can click on this and it will give you all the rules PLUS you can actually play Joe Doh, Janken superstar.
    THE SECRET PASSAGE
    is a nifty addition. T is a secret passage on the Play Board that will virtually guarantee the Pachinko ball will go into the Jackpot Activation pocket. Look on the upper left side of the LCD video and you will see a clear plastic chute. T is one pin on the top and three pins on the bottom of this chute. If you want to make this machine very easy to beat you can move the top pin to the left of the bottom pin. That would give you a 4 pin ramp for the ball to travel to the Secret Passage.
    When the ball falls in the Secret Passage it falls down on a curved ramp below the LCD video. In the middle of this curved ramp t is a Yellow gate. This gate goes up and down. When the ball rolls back and forth it will fall in one of three holes in the gate. If it falls in the center slot the ball will land in the Jackpot Activation pocket 99.9% of the time. If the ball goes in either the right or left hole in the gate you are going to need some help. T are two Pockets that will surely help. They are located to the right and left of the Jackpot Activation pocket.
    Janken Battle Pachinko Machine Japanese Pinball Great Condition

Pachi1.jpgPachi2.jpg
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Janken Battle Pachinko Machine Japanese Pinball - $150 (Lakewood, CO)

Has anyone played this before. Very interesting.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Janken Battle Pachinko Machine Japanese Pinball - $150 (Lakewood, CO)

a few of our members have or did own one
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Janken Battle Pachinko Machine Japanese Pinball - $150 (Lakewood, CO)

Yes remember a few threads about this model, although not one I have ever played

you may need to search for 'paper,rock,scissors' as well as 'Janken' as I think it's been referred to by both names here

Here's a link to a brochure / mini guidebook scan (just in case anyone gets this machine and refers back to this thread)

PachiTalk Research Center - DaStooge's Play Guides - Fever Jakan Battle - PachiTalk

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This was my first pachinko machine, and I still like it.

The theme is a Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament, and it features (as players in the tournament) many of the characters from other Sankyo pachinko's of the era, and pays tribute to these machines in the reaches and kakuhen/chance rounds. This gives the machine quite a varied selection of styles, which helps keep the machine fresh and more interesting to the player.

There's quite a lot of player interaction using the 'Action/Chance' button on the left side of the frame. Pressing it during gameplay quite often gets a character popping up from the bottom of the screen with a speech bubble saying something random in Japanese (I think they are meant to be helpful hints to the player, but they're too quick for me read at my limited Japanese ability). During spins and reaches you also get quite a few extra animations and interactions from pressing the button, some of which give you a hint of how close you are to a reach/super reach or fever.

Then of course there's the animated hand, it doesn't come into play very often, only during certain reaches. But the player can press the action button and change the hand's gesture to play rock-paper-scissors against a randomly selected opponent, and if you win then you get a fever round as a prize!

A good family friendly game with enough variation in gameplay to keep it interesting. Negative points are that some of the features and modes seem unconnected with the theme and unless you are familiar with Sankyo's 2003-2005 back catalogue then it might get a little confusing! Also I think the animated hand isn't used enough, for something that is the main interactive feature of the game I'd like to have seen it brought into play a bit more often.

Still it's a good game, and worth picking up if you can find one locally. After owning it for 6+ years, it still finds it's way into my gameroom rotation and I still enjoy playing it. Which is better than some of the more popular themed machines of that era which tend to only come out when I'm having guests over.

8. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to daverob