Thread: New to pachinko and I think my machine is missing a part or parts? need help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to pachinko and I think my machine is missing a part or parts? need help

My 7 year old son and I found this machine at a garage sale. I really knew nothing about pachinko machines but my son thought it was the coolest thing in the world. So we got it. The man said that the balls were just falling out of the play tray into the back of the machine instead of into the ball shooter. We figured that with some hard work we may be able to fix it.
    After some research and working on the machine. It looks like we are missing a part. I might have an idea of what the part should look like but I am not really sure.On the 4th picture, I can see an outline of where a part should be and I am assuming that is why it is not working.
    If anyone can help us out that would be great. Maybe a picture of the part or a name if it has one and if it would be available to get anywhere or if anyone has one or if it can even be fixed. I would love to get it fixed because my son loves this thing and has not stopped trying to play with it or fix it since we got it and it doesnt even work.

I think it has a manufacture date of 1980 and it is a Mizuho. If anyone has any info on the machine that would be great also. I have not see any others exactly like online.
    Any help would be appreciated by me and my son.
    Thanks
    Kim

pachinko mizuho.jpgpachinko back.jpgpachinko back of door.jpgpachinko missing parts.jpg
    Last edited by kimba725; 07-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to kimba725

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to pachinko and I think my machine is missing a part or parts? need help

Kim,

to Pachitalk.

Yeah it looks like your missing the whole ball loader mechanism. That part might be a though find as the Mizuho machines had an odd one. I might have a machine with a similar one that I can get a picture of for you. (Won't be able to get you that pic for a few days. I'm on vacation right now.)

Though like I said finding that part could be hard. As there really are no replacement parts. Only way to find them is to A: see if someone here is selling the part you need, Or B: buy another machine for parts. Usually you don't buy another for parts as you will want to fix them both and keep them.

Also can you post a closer up picture of the mid-lower section of the back. Something doesn't look right on your machine to me.

Once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to pachinko and I think my machine is missing a part or parts? need help

Welcome to Pachitalk! I actually have a Mizuho machine that I am planning on selling. It is working fine and I am in the process of cleaning it up. I am not sure it would be a good candidate as a parts machine for yours though.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you so much for the welcomes! Here are a few more close up pics of the back. The back is actually removed right now so I just took pics like that.
    Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. If you see anything else wrong on the back let me know cause we are basically on the first step and have not really even gotten to the back yet.
    If anyone has the part I need, let me know. I havent seen to many of the mizuho, so it is looking like it is going to be hard to find.
    thanks
    Kim

IMG_3199.jpgIMG_3202.jpgIMG_3203.jpgIMG_3198.jpgIMG_3196.jpg

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to kimba725

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also Max, I would love to see a picture when you get home from vacation.
    Thanks

10. The following user says "Thanks" to kimba725

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me know how much you are asking and if you have some pics that would be great.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: New to pachinko and I think my machine is missing a part or parts? need help

Based upon the two blue pegs, my guess is it is a "SANKYO" feeder assembly. Only problem is there are more than one variation that fit the same pegs.

Here are a few pictures from Sankyos...

Mini Mouth Front 4.jpg DSC02726.jpg
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Okumurayuki also has similar pegs to mount a feeder cartridge.Diana VII 006.JPG The missing part on yours would snap in & out like this.Diana VII 007.JPGDiana VII 008.JPG With moving parts that load balls, one at a time, into the shooter.Diana VII 009.JPGDiana VII 010.JPG If you had the correct part...it would just snap onto those blue pegs.Diana VII 012.JPG In addition to feeding balls to the shooter, the channel below the black lever, directs balls from upper tray to lower tray. This door tips down like a tailgate...sliding the knob releases balls thru the round hole in the door. They roll in the feeder cartridge, from right to left, and into the grey box at the left, where they fall into the lower tray.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Based upon the two blue pegs, my guess is it is a "SANKYO" feeder assembly. Only problem is there are more than one variation that fit the same pegs.

Here are a few pictures from Sankyos...

DSC02726.jpg
    You would be right Carl. The Sankyo feeder is basically the same. I was going to take a picture of mine. Basically the correct one should be in the one image I left in the quote.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    You would be right Carl. The Sankyo feeder is basically the same. I was going to take a picture of mine. Basically the correct one should be in the one image I left in the quote.
    Yes, I think you are correct because that one looks like it would fit exactly where the dirt lines are left on my machine.
    Now, am I ever going to be able to find one?
    Carl, can you tell me the name and year of the machine in the picture?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kimba725 View Post
    Carl, can you tell me the name and year of the machine in the picture?
    Thanks
    Should be about a 76, 77 Sankyo machine. (might be a little off on the build year.)

20. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman