Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New here and about to buy 1st vintage Pachinko machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New here and about to buy 1st vintage Pachinko machine!

So I am interested in starting a small collection of pachinko machines. I found one on Craigslist in my area. They want $75. Comes with balls and they say it "works". Here are some pics.
    5E45Kd5Mf3Kf3mf3N7c588feae07423151898.jpg5Ha5S55J43Ie3L13Nac5805d724a93fc417bb-1.jpg5L45F45J23Ma3F83L9c58640ad9c8649f1ca6-1.jpg5Nb5Fb5H63G53La3I7c58704d0a1d3c9e123b.jpg
    What do you all think? The only thing I notice is missing is the finger rest do you all see anything else? Also, does $75 seem reasonable?
    Thanks!!!

ETA: Also do you all have any info on this machine? I know it's a Heiwa but I can't find one like it.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to sweetykap

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New here and about to buy 1st vintage Pachinko machine!

!!! WELCOME !!!
    Machines like the one above typically go for $35-100 (in NJ) if they work and are not missing pieces. If balls come with it even better.
    Having said that... I would offer $25 and go as high as $50, if it works.
    Last edited by DrDark; 06-29-2012 at 05:34 PM.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To Pachitalk.

That is a Heiwa, I want to say 76 build year.

The finger rest is kinda a crucial part. Without it, it will mess up how you fire balls and how long you can play (as it will be harder on your hands) Also getting replacement parts is near impossible. You either have to find someone with a part that will work; or buy another machine to get the part you need.

Here is an example of a machine from the same year. 1970s Kangaroo VP0077 - a set on Flickr

I have 2 Heiwa's myself but they were built probably a year or 2 before this model. But all the parts are basically the same. (pics attached below)

At $75 I truthfully don't think it is a great price. Look to be some sorta rusty balls in the lot. So you will probably need to buy more. (Even if they are in good shape that doesn't look to be enough to start playing. You need about 500 minimum but most people like about 1000.)

If you like it I would say go for it. But IMO I wouldn't pay any more that $40 for it. (Though some might disagree. I tend to be a grinder when it comes to prices. )

If you have any further questions just ask. And once again welcome to PT and good luck on the machine hunt.

-Max
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you two so much! I will definitely be offering less if we decide to buy it. We are meeting to look over it tomorrow morning. Do you know if there is any alternative to the finger rest?
    There is another machine about an hour away from me that I am also eying. 5Gc5J35M93Kb3Ja3pfc6qa034bd503a3a14b4.jpgback.jpg
    Any thoughts on this machine.

Again, thank you so much for your responses!!!

ETA price: they want $45 for this machine. No mention if it works or not. Looks like they have some balls in the machine though.
    Last edited by sweetykap; 06-29-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Go for the second machine!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sweetykap View Post
    Do you know if there is any alternative to the finger rest?
    I haven't tried putting a different brand finger rest into a different brand machine. However, I would expect most to be the same size. You will get a little difference in the brand finger rest though. (not in size but in the engraving pattern on it.)

There is another machine about an hour away from me that I am also eying.
    Any thoughts on this machine.
    Sankyo machine, 76 build year. That has a very, very big ball jam in the back. (looks to be over 100 balls in there) Though it would be easy to fix as the machine has the removable back. Meaning you turn 4 screws and the whole thing come off. Though the track cover is missing. But you can buy a reproduction one for $20.

1976 Aladdin - VP0235 - a set on Flickr

Track cover: Pachinko Replacement Parts

10. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    I haven't tried putting a different brand finger rest into a different brand machine. However, I would expect most to be the same size. You will get a little difference in the brand finger rest though. (not in size but in the engraving pattern on it.)

Sankyo machine, 76 build year. That has a very, very big ball jam in the back. (looks to be over 100 balls in there) Though it would be easy to fix as the machine has the removable back. Meaning you turn 4 screws and the whole thing come off. Though the track cover is missing. But you can buy a reproduction one for $20.

1976 Aladdin - VP0235 - a set on Flickr

Track cover: Pachinko Replacement Parts

Awesome! I had no idea who the maker was so I didn't even know where to start my research! I honestly like the look of the second machine much better. My husband is pretty handy (I can be too with the right amount of willpower) so I think we'd be able to fix any issues.
    Thank you so much for the link to the cover! I guess I have a lot of thinking to do, although I know which machine I prefer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I am new here too, and about to write a post on the mythical $25 pachinko machine, watch for it.

The 2nd machine looks to be in much better shape. That is, you can see most of the parts are there in the picture.

First off, all of the balls that you see in the back shouldn't be there. That's a jam. To clear it, you don't have to take it apart but that is going to take some monkeying to clear out.

Some costs to consider in addition: (1) balls: as noted you need at least 500 and many of the stored machines if they have them are rusty and shouldn't be used ($30-40 per 500). (2) jackpot rocker, a piece that pivots to pay the jackpot (center under that green bump) - they can wear out or break and not easy to replace ($50); track cover, right below the main track is a short set of tracks that lead to the jackpot rocker, there should be a cover on this and without it, the balls can double up here and stop feeding ($20); front glass, actually glass and plexiglass on the original but single plexiglass is good enough (looks in good shape on both machines)

And Finally, buying 2 to get parts to build one doesn't really work, you'll end up with 2 you want to fix.

there are some very good videos on you tube by vintage pachinko by some of the folks on this board that explain how to set them up, but its also a great source to get some hints on how they are supposed to work and what can go wrong. Just search pachinko setup or pachinko vintage.

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rnikula

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I am interested in starting a small collection of pachinko machines.
    A small collection - yeah, sure.

WELCOME!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rnikula View Post
    So I am new here too, and about to write a post on the mythical $25 pachinko machine, watch for it.

The 2nd machine looks to be in much better shape. That is, you can see most of the parts are there in the picture.

First off, all of the balls that you see in the back shouldn't be there. That's a jam. To clear it, you don't have to take it apart but that is going to take some monkeying to clear out.

Some costs to consider in addition: (1) balls: as noted you need at least 500 and many of the stored machines if they have them are rusty and shouldn't be used ($30-40 per 500). (2) jackpot rocker, a piece that pivots to pay the jackpot (center under that green bump) - they can wear out or break and not easy to replace ($50); track cover, right below the main track is a short set of tracks that lead to the jackpot rocker, there should be a cover on this and without it, the balls can double up here and stop feeding ($20); front glass, actually glass and plexiglass on the original but single plexiglass is good enough (looks in good shape on both machines)

And Finally, buying 2 to get parts to build one doesn't really work, you'll end up with 2 you want to fix.

there are some very good videos on you tube by vintage pachinko by some of the folks on this board that explain how to set them up, but its also a great source to get some hints on how they are supposed to work and what can go wrong. Just search pachinko setup or pachinko vintage.
    Does the rocker look ok on both the machines that you can tell? (At least for now?)

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    A small collection - yeah, sure.

WELCOME!
    I know I know! This could be bad.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

I agree the second machine is the better option..

like Max poated not having a rest will make it different to play.. i would not want to play a machine without a rest.. but my kids are slappers when they play.. they just slap at it so no rest is needed..

just buy them both.. ya know your gona..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk

I agree the second machine is the better option..

like Max poated not having a rest will make it different to play.. i would not want to play a machine without a rest.. but my kids are slappers when they play.. they just slap at it so no rest is needed..

just buy them both.. ya know your gona..
    The first machine might be a good one for the kiddos then...if they'll go down on the price.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to sweetykap

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I offered $35 to each seller for their machines. The seller of the second machine agreed. Said that the machine doesn't work and they don't know why. (Perhaps the ball jam has something to do with it? lol)
    The seller of the first machine counter offered with $50. Honestly I don't like the machine enough to pay $50. Shrug.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I offered $35 to each seller for their machines. The seller of the second machine agreed. Said that the machine doesn't work and they don't know why. (Perhaps the ball jam has something to do with it? lol)
    The seller of the first machine counter offered with $50. Honestly I don't like the machine enough to pay $50. Shrug.
    let the first one pass.. i agree its over priced.. and if ya keep an eye out more will come your way.. the missing flipper rest will end up being a problems for ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the rocker look ok on both the machines that you can tell? (At least for now?)
    It hard to tell on the 2nd machine because its behind the green plastic. The reason I mentioned it, is that I ran into it on the one I got and all of the balls in the middle could be an indicator that they are just flowing through, while they should stay up in the jackpot until paid. Before you go, if you are concerned, watch one of the videos for similar machines to see what it should do (and to clear the balls, which you'll probably want to do before you move it anyway).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and to clear the balls, which you'll probably want to do before you move it anyway.
    I wouldn't clear the balls on site. It will take a few minutes and you will have them running everywhere. Best bet buy it and try to transport it with it sitting in the proper position for play. (meaning vertical as pictured.) Then dump the balls when you get home. Like I said turn 4 or 5 knobs the whole back pops off and all the balls fall out. Shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It hard to tell on the 2nd machine because its behind the green plastic. The reason I mentioned it, is that I ran into it on the one I got and all of the balls in the middle could be an indicator that they are just flowing through, while they should stay up in the jackpot until paid. Before you go, if you are concerned, watch one of the videos for similar machines to see what it should do (and to clear the balls, which you'll probably want to do before you move it anyway).
    the ball jam is from winning balls not being paid out... there not from the jackpot..

this machine looks to be a good machine.. missing its track cover but thats easy to make..

go for it

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry newbie mistake, there's a ton behind the center and right hand side (by the upper/lower tray toggle) which I didn't think would come from the payout, but as a novice agree this is a fine looking machine for the price.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to rnikula

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    I wouldn't clear the balls on site. It will take a few minutes and you will have them running everywhere. Best bet buy it and try to transport it with it sitting in the proper position for play. (meaning vertical as pictured.) Then dump the balls when you get home. Like I said turn 4 or 5 knobs the whole back pops off and all the balls fall out. Shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the ball jam is from winning balls not being paid out... there not from the jackpot..

this machine looks to be a good machine.. missing its track cover but thats easy to make..

go for it
    Thank you both for the info! I passed on the first machine. $50 is way too much for a machine just for the kids to bang on. We are going to buy the second machine later today. We will mess with it when we get home and I will update tonight!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast