Thread: nishijin single shot ball drain help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default nishijin single shot ball drain help

i bought this a few weeks ago on ebay and when i recieved it, I instantly began cleaning up the machine and totally forgot to take before pictures. but i touched up the paint on the pockets and surrounding plastic parts. i took off a few of the back parts to clean out the dust and grime. upon my cleaning process i found two problems. a counterbalance issue turning out many payouts for a single jackpot (not to difficult but noticable in the beginning of the 2nd video) and the drain system. when i push the lever down, a ramp inside flips, diverting the balls from falling into the player ball return area, into the clear plastic piece in which they get trapped. see video. i think that it might have been a manufactors error or the wrong replacement piece. but if it isnt, should I chop out a small part from the bottom of the clear plastic and raise the nail? or if anyone else with a single shot with the same drain system could post a picture? if i was to do that, the balls would drain onto the enclosed metal jackpot chute, under the nail, and hit an angled piece of metal pushing them onto the proper drain ramp.
    Ball drain issue
    (link to general description video)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: nishijin single shot ball drain help

the piece of metal the balls are landing on apears to be new??

the ball should be falling lower 2 inches or so to the more rusty metal trough below.. I can see a bit of it in the last picture
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mopar is right they should be falling lower down to that metal drain chute. The silver box is the 2nd payout see-saw if I'm correct. Is that in the correct place? (e.x. axel in the right place, and chute balancing itself.) I have quite a few model A machines but only 1 singleshot one. My is from a different build year but still pretty much the same. Sorry not the best pics of the area. If you want tomorrow I'll dig it out and take some more pictures with the covers off.

022.jpg001.jpg050.jpg
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 06-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the piece of metal the balls are landing on apears to be new??

the ball should be falling lower 2 inches or so to the more rusty metal trough below.. I can see a bit of it in the last picture
    that's one of the parts i polished and as for it dropping to that lower rusty metal tray, it wont. when you flip the first lever, it flips the ramp so balls would have to go up stream to fall to the proper tray, the 2nd one lets the balls actually fall. maybe the ramp is just turning too far down?? on the bottom side of the jackpot ball holder thats like a backflow prevention piece. maybe thats supposed to be facing forward? but that would make the tray useless anyways :S

@mxfaiman that would be greatly appreciated!

5. The following user says "Thanks" to TrevorMuth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright. I took my machine out and took off a few covers and played with it a little.

There is one thing I noticed. It looks like the plate that diverts the balls to the chute is in the wrong position on yours. You might want to take the drain assembly off and check to see if there is a way to adjust the plate.

013g.jpg014g.jpg

The Red arrow points to the plate that you need to fix. Firs picture is in the ready to dump position. The second one shows the in play position. (Blue arrow is the lower latch. green upper. Don't know why I added those. Guess I just like arrows. )

Basically I think you need to take off that housing and see if there is a way you can adjust the plate so it is in the same positions as mine. If you do that it should work fine.

I attached a few extra pics below if you need them. If you need anymore please let me know on Friday. I won't be here after that to take pics. (Though I will be on PT to help out.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you! it appears as if someone took of the screws and attempted to fixe it, then soldered the screws shut -_-

so from my mental visualization was i right about the cover actually being useless?
    Last edited by TrevorMuth; 06-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorMuth View Post
    so from my mental visualization was i right about the cover actually being useless?
    I think that cover isn't needed at all. But if you have it I would keep it there.