Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars Advent Vader pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars (Advent Vader) pachinko

sorry for not gettting back to the post for so long but for some reason i can't load this web site 95% of the time this is the 1st night in weeks its loaded up ..well so far the guy i got it off on ebay has stopped emailing me back after its seems it more then just press of a button so unless some1 on this site can help with with it i am boned (1 thing for sure i will never buy off him again and i would say to any1 not to either) and the machine is still not working its sometimes flashers like in the utube video i post at the start but if i do the reset i can get it to come back on and get to a point were its just sitting there going ding ding ding over and over again for a while at least then its starts flashing again i have pulled most of the back off and checked all plugs i could see are pluged in and i even pulled them off and put back on to make sure. i don't know were the door sensors are but will have another look if any1 can help pls post here or email me at metab70@hotmail.com incase i can't load this site again for weeks. thxs all

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars (Advent Vader) pachinko

Can some of our fellow techincal members (but not regular visitors lately) perhaps help our Aussie friend out?

He's 1000's of miles from me, or I'd be attending in person.

cheers

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm out of options. Just double check all the connections and fuses. even take the cel out and inspect the connections between the boards andthe motors. If the animatronics don't pass their power up test, it will stop some machines. I don't have this machine or frame so can't be much help.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've been trawling old threads extensively and Compirate recommends pushing the tiny reset button on the frame, which I've just told IceWolf about.

We'll see if that helps.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Les hope so, although he said he has pressed all three.
    Its probably something simple come off or damaged/dislodged in transit.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

after weeks of trying to log back in every night i got back on so heres a update i have taken the machine apart and unplugged everthing i could and then put it back together and i still can't get it to get pass the flashing so id say one of the parts must be stuffed but unless i know which one id say i am boned i did not notice any fuse's while i had the machine apart so maybe its one of them? well after i put it back together i did another video pachinko test run 2 star wars - YouTube to show i was trying the soft reset, i have tried the hard reset as well and it does nothing either at this point i think ill be sticking with my pinball machines and acrade cabs at least i can get them repaired local if i must.. shame but as bet i would have loved the machine ,, the guy i got it off got to the point he said is there a local repair shop u could take it to... lol if that was the case i would have not had to buy it from japan in the 1st place .

i would like to say thxs to every1 that has tried to help
    and a special thxs to candy,drunken, and another reader who sent me detailed photos of the machine with info but i lost hes email address so could not email a thxs for trying but u know who u are

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've never played this Star Wars, but to anyone that has it is it normal for the mask to make that much noise while going up??

The only reason I ask is because I remember one or two of the first people that got this one had problems with the mask getting messed up in shipping and they had to do something to get it back on track..Maybe the mask is causing an error??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think one of the threads MrGneiss remembers, could be this one with a discussion about the mask and disassembling it

New Vader Game Has Arrived!
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just found another thread that mentions 3 reset buttons

Star Wars Vader Error

** apologies, I see the 3 reset buttons were already mentioned earlier in this thread**
    Last edited by hanabi; 08-27-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm hunting the www in multipy languages for any documentation or other video.
    I didn't see the centre R2D2 move in the video eithe..
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes the r2d2 has not moved at all the time i have been testing it and the mask sometimes makes it back up to the top but i don't think from what i have read that either of them would be making it flash? will pull the machine all apart again and try to fit the mask as i just read on other post it not that hard to fix ,,i just hope i can log back on here tomorrow .. as it seems my isp does not like pachitalk.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Odd you can't log back in. We are family friendly. I know there waas a problem if going through google search engine a few months back but I think thats fixed.

When putting my maison ikkoku back together, I got 2 leads round the wrong way and that made it screw up and not start properly either .

From online videos I think the center R2D2 just rotates but the one either side rotates and pops up and down.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe not so weird - I cannot post a picture from my home laptop on this site, no matter how I try.
    The java code seems to freeze my IE7 completely everytime I try to do so, meaning a shutdown and restart of IE each time.

Most probably a local issue on my laptop; the question is, what issue?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've now got a Koda Kumi manual (same frame) and a Star Wars as well. Mine on start up even after pressing the reset buttons doesn't show the rom checks like yours does. But I do get the same error message. By pressing the reset button on the cel (as you do in the video) It clears the fault for me.

Now back to the rom checks. The Koda Manual shows this as 通信信号未受信状態 (not receiving communication signal)

It says

Please make sure that the following connectors are not outside, collector pins are not bent or broken wires.
    Connector of the harness that connects the control board and the main control board production (the wires between the cel and the frame)

Please check whether the power supply board 3.15A fuse has not expired at the failure of the main board. (3.15A fuse in the transformer)
    Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BOO
    long time coming but here's a update...
    after i gave up trying to get the machine to work i moved not long after that and the machine sat in a shed for allmost 2.5 years till a few weeks ago when i got time to try again as it turns out i could not find the power supply and a mate had given me a 24v p/s and some led lights so i tried that one and the machine booted str up all that it needed was a good clean the darth vader mask would not go up and down right so after reading about it here i took all the back off but could not find anything lose or falling out of place and so i just pulled the power off the motor that moves the mask, put it all back together and it works fine i have gotten a pachislo and a mame ran pokie machine as well but now want to get a newer pachislo that has a ldc screen after seeing what the starwars lcd pachinko can do

DSCF2816.jpgDSCF2819.jpgDSCF2822.jpg

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to icewolf007

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good Job mate, I replied to you in the other thread about the new Pachislos.

My import guy is bringing me a Cinderella Blade 2 .... 2014 machine... Can WAIT !!

http://youtu.be/UY8eh2srEtw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2