Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

I went in a little deeper and still have not found the issue. I pulled the panel that has the reset key and toggle switch and everything looks good behind there too. This is driving me nuts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

Is it possible that you are missing a wiring harness? Are there any empty connections on the reel assembly?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll look again, I have only seen 1 pin recpticle on the door that doesn't have a wire connected, and I don't think that could be it.

Here is my guess right now, but I don't think I want to try it for fear of screwing it up it I'm not right. It seems the door light assemblies are provided power via either a blue and grey or blue and white wire assembly. There is a 3 wire assembly that is connected to the reel panel with a blue, grey and white wire tipped with a red tip (see picuture).

This 3 wire assembly leads into the reset/toggle panel and is connected to the toggle switch and then jumps to the reset key switch. This has to be the power supply. Maybe the "toggle" switch is not supposed to reset and is bad?? Maybe if I replaced that toggle switch it might do the trick.
    Last edited by panoz77; 06-21-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the white 5 wire assembly (look behind the two orange assemblies) leads from the panel to the light assembly inside the reels. So the panel has to be getting power to control the spin stops. Is there a fuse/fuses inside the reels on the reel light assemblies? I have not disassembles the reel assembly and I REALLY don't want to. I disconnected this white wire assembly and everything on the machine still functions the same as when it is connected, so this MUST be the lights, so it has to be something from this point to the light assemblies, right?

Here is a better picture

Here is where that white 5 wire assembly connects to the light assembly inside the reels.
    Last edited by panoz77; 06-21-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have you tried unplugging that white 5 wire connector on the board and reseating it??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The LED lights may be burned out behind the reels. Check to see if you are getting any voltage from the wire harness going to the reel lights. If you have power you have bad reel lights. Very easy to replace. Who was the member who was selling replacement LED light modules on a swap basis ? You send him your modules with a check and he sends you replacements with LED lights.
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ripweade View Post
    I have an old Net Trip Devil (from around 1997 or so) and the backlights on mine are also off until I hit a bonus. On the reels, there is only one symbol that is translucent and lets the light shine through. But, with the light on in the front section, it's not the easiest to see the light. I had my machine for about 10 years before I figured out that the lights only came on during the bonus round and that they aren't the easiest to see.

Just got done with the bonus and lights still don't come on.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    The LED lights may be burned out behind the reels. Check to see if you are getting any voltage from the wire harness going to the reel lights. If you have power you have bad reel lights. Very easy to replace. Who was the member who was selling replacement LED light modules on a swap basis ? You send him your modules with a check and he sends you replacements with LED lights.
    I saw the thread on replacing the LED, but this is an older one and uses incandescent bulbs and the bulbs all look good.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    have you tried unplugging that white 5 wire connector on the board and reseating it??
    So you are saying try to unplug all 3 of the white 5 wire assemblies and then do a reset and then plug them back in?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Just tried, unplugged the 3 white 5 wire assemblies, reset the machine, turned it off, plugged them back in, it didn't work.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I've officially beat down on this one. I went in ONE MORE TIME. This time I pulled the light assemblies out from behind each reel, cleaned and pulled each bulb, all connections looked like new, all bulbs were ok, no corrosion anywhere and there was no special fuse on the assemblies. I think I give up on this one, I guess at least I have some spare bulbs and bulb housings if any on the front panel burn out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You have posted some very good pictures and I'am just not seeing where the reel lights are getting there power from. I have several Sammy machines, one being a 2000 model. rs kitaro.jpg

Yours is a 1999 model. On all my Sammy machines there is another wiring harness on the circuit board. That harness powers the reel lights. On

my 2000 Sammy machine the circuit board on the reel assembly is pretty much identical to yours, but mine has a 13 wire harness that powers the reel lights.

Like I said, I'am just not seeing that harness that's on all my other Sammy machines. With that said, I'am wondering for some reason on this model they decided not to

use the reel lights.0046.gif

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess is the red tipped wire assembly provides the power to the panel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    You have posted some very good pictures and I'am just not seeing where the reel lights are getting there power from. I have several Sammy machines, one being a 2000 model. rs kitaro.jpg

Yours is a 1999 model. On all my Sammy machines there is another wiring harness on the circuit board. That harness powers the reel lights. On

my 2000 Sammy machine the circuit board on the reel assembly is pretty much identical to yours, but mine has a 13 wire harness that powers the reel lights.

Like I said, I'am just not seeing that harness that's on all my other Sammy machines. With that said, I'am wondering for some reason on this model they decided not to

use the reel lights.0046.gif

Could you post a picture of yours with the 13 wire harness on the panel and where it connect to the lights? Thanks. The lights on mine appear to each have there own 5 wire harness that goes from the panel to the reel light assembly. Those wires correspond with each of the 4 lights and 1 probably the ground.
    Last edited by panoz77; 06-22-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was just curious if by chance , are there sockets for a fluorescent lamp to go above the reels on the inside of the door.Two of my machines have those.Just a thought to try and help.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, but there is a flourescent lamp on the upper section of the door with an aluminum housing, that is what gives it enough light to see the reels, but there is not a fitting on the backside.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a picture of the connection that powers the reel lights.

rs tripple rider.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Here's a picture of the connection that powers the reel lights.

rs tripple rider.jpg
    That is weird, yours has the same white 5 wire next to that 13 wire, mine does not have that 13 wire at all. Thanks for the replys, last night I decided just to remove the backlight assemblies and keep the bulbs as spares. I posted the back light asseblies in the sale section if anyone needs them, I don't think these lights ever functioned in this model machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2