Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

I noticed another problem with the Triple Rider that I just purchased, the lights behind the reels do not light up. Where should I look first, I checked connections and didn't notice anything out of place and I pulled a couple bulbs and they were not burnt out. Is there a switch? Or do I have another issue, thanks.

On a side note, I replaced the front lower bulb and it is good to go now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default re: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

There are no off switches normally.It acts as if there is no power going to the reel lights.Check for loose ground wire or a disconnected wire terminal around the reel area.Check for a hidden fuse somewhere.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default re: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

Yeah, I was thinking fuse, but I only see one exposed fuse and it looks good. I don't see any plug terminals out. Is there an easy way to access in the reels, or is major disassembly needed? I'll keep looking for a fuse.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I pulled out the entire reel assembly unit, disconnected all terminals to remove the assembly, could not find anything out of place, re-installed the assembly and the lights are still a no go. Any other thoughts would be great on what the problem could be. Possible fuse locations, I am at a loss, everything looks in place, no burned or worn wires.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i had one machine that had no lights behind the reels till i hit a bonus, keep playing, maybe that coud be the reason???
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Backlights on the reel assembly not working.

I started a similar thread in the wrong section, sorry.

They are the incandescent bulbs. Picture is of the bulb and bulb housing. I have removed the reel assembly, checked all connections and wires and all looks good. The only thing that I can think of is a fuse somewhere, but everything else on the machine works fine. It has got to be something that is only controlling the lights and I sure as heck can't figure it out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hit the bonus and now I can't remember if the lights worked or not. Thanks, I'll get back if that is it. That stinks, being 8 lines, it's hard to tell sometimes where the win line is, but maybe that is why it doesn't backlight, because you can have a horizontal line and diagonal line both win at the same time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On top of the reel assembly is a circuit board. The reel lights are the 4 wire connectors, to the rear of the board. There are three of them, one for each reel.

On that same board is a 13 wire connector that runs from the circuit board to the door. I assume you have checked all the connections on the circuit board on top of the reel assembly, being you had the reel assembly out of the machine.

Check the other end of the 13 wire connection, that runs to the door.

There are other connections that will disable the reel lights but the machine will not operate properly. From watching your video, I believe your machine operates properly except for the reel lights are not lit.

Because all the reel lights are not working, I believe it's in that 13 wire connector.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by panoz77 View Post
    I hit the bonus and now I can't remember if the lights worked or not. Thanks, I'll get back if that is it. That stinks, being 8 lines, it's hard to tell sometimes where the win line is, but maybe that is why it doesn't backlight, because you can have a horizontal line and diagonal line both win at the same time.
    I took a vid of the big bonus last night, that's not it
    Triple Rider Pachislo Big Bonus Round - YouTube

I'll check the 13 wire connection, thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a photo of the top of the reel assembly, each reel has a group of three wire assemblies. There is a single red three wire assembly on the back of the panel, it runs to the toggle switch next to the reset key. The toggle only sits in one position, it springs back up after you depress it, I held it in the down position and spun the reels and still no lights. I can't tell if the wire assembly is plugged in, I will have to remove the reels to check where that toggle switch is, could that be it?

Here is the toggle I think those three wires run to, they are blue grey and white and you can see them going into the back of the box.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Backlights on the reel assembly not working.

Check all the terminals that lead into the reel lights. unplug each ,one at a time to see if any pins are bent or wires that need to be pushed back in the terminals.Bent pins are fairly common on older machines because who knows how many times they have been tinkered with.To have all the lights out means no power to them I would think.I know it's a pain but trace all the wires back to where they come from and check those terminals to for bent pins and loose wires.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't imagine the switch being the problem...especilly since it is a momentary switch. I noticed that there is a technical support phone #. Have you considered calling them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I can't imagine the switch being the problem...especilly since it is a momentary switch. I noticed that there is a technical support phone #. Have you considered calling them?
    Long out of business, I guess my lifetime warranty is no good anymore.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I may just give up on it and play it as is, the reels are light from the upper fluorescent lamp, just not backlit, it doesn't affect game play and I don't want to screw it up worse trying to diagnose the problem. I have traced the wires and nothing seems out of place. It is my guess right now is that it has something to do with that red tipped 3 wire assembly on the back of the panel, can anyone confirm where the power to the reel lights is fed from using my pictures as a reference?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Long out of business, I guess my lifetime warranty is no good anymore.
    *Correction*

Actually I found the company online, they still exist and have a new number (845) 369-5969, I will try to contact them tomorrow. The company that distributed them was Grand View Products, sold in Big Lots stores (maybe others) in the US. I still have the original purchasers receipt for this one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Backlights on the reel assembly not working.

I started a similar thread in the wrong section, sorry.
    hello

I have 'merged' the 2 threads for you into this one, it shows in the Tech Support Tickets section of the pachislo Forums.

(Do let me know if you wish me to edit the title)

This will make it easier for members to reply in one place for you

Good Luck with your machine

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

19. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

I have an old Net Trip Devil (from around 1997 or so) and the backlights on mine are also off until I hit a bonus. On the reels, there is only one symbol that is translucent and lets the light shine through. But, with the light on in the front section, it's not the easiest to see the light. I had my machine for about 10 years before I figured out that the lights only came on during the bonus round and that they aren't the easiest to see.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Ripweade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What controls the lights behind the reels? / Backlights on reel not working

*Correction*

Actually I found the company online, they still exist and have a new number (845) 369-5969, I will try to contact them tomorrow. The company that distributed them was Grand View Products, sold in Big Lots stores (maybe others) in the US. I still have the original purchasers receipt for this one.
    That is great! With a receipit, they can't say that they can only help the original owner! Hopefully they can help you out with this. By the way...what was the original Big lots price? Should be lower than department store prices. What date? GOOD LUCK!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    That is great! With a receipit, they can't say that they can only help the original owner! Hopefully they can help you out with this. By the way...what was the original Big lots price? Should be lower than department store prices. What date? GOOD LUCK!
    They sold them at Big Lots and I also remember them selling them at a store called Marc's. The big lots price was $199.99 and $12 tax back in 2002.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to panoz77

Thanks
    Thanks Received

*Correction*

Called the number, they claim that the division that sold Pachislos is no longer in business and they do not support them, so much for "lifetime warranty".
    FYI, they are still a slot machine distributor, just not the ones they sold with lifetime warranties, lol
    Slot Machine Exports - Export Slot Machines - IGT, Bally, Williams, WMS, Aristocrat, Atronic, Konami

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to panoz77

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast