Thread: New Owner Needs Assistance with Modern Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Owner Needs Assistance with Modern Machine

HI! My name is Bill Clark- I bought my first machine (vintage) nearly 20 years ago at a garage sale for $20.00 (before internet) it didn't work so I spent the next 2 days taking it apart and figuring it out. I finally got it to work. Well I bought 2 more over the next few years with about the same story - didn't work at purchase so I fixed it.

I just bought a modern electronic machine with about 1000 balls at a garage sale ($10) well I tried it at the time of purchase and it worked I was happy - well I stepped on the power cord on the way to the car and yanked the power cord out of the transformer. I sacrificed an extension cord and soldered it into the transformer and the machine lit up. I am having other issues now - the balls will not fire up the ramp (machine doesn't even try) - (I do need to get a new rubber for the plunger) I made sure the jackpot hopper is full but the STOP light still is lit. I have tried pushing and pulling a bunch of levers and switches with no changes other than occasionally the machine will dump all the balls out the back and onto the floor in my garage. I spent a few hours the other night trying to fix this but have not gotten anywhere and my wife misses me.

Please help. Thanks.

IMG_0372.jpgIMG_0367.jpgIMG_0365.jpgIMG_0373.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0364.jpgIMG_0363.jpgIMG_0374.jpgIMG_0375.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to learn2shoot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Owner Needs Assistance with Modern Machine

Welcome! You got a smoking deal just for the 1000 balls(worth$50). What does that yellow cable with the fuse link plug into? Could power up the board that controls the shooter.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

in you second to the last pic it apears the balls are not making there way to the jackpot pay motor.. im not familer with this gen of machine so helping with pics is a bit hard..

the balls should travel further down the right side of the machine..

as for the shooter can you post another picture of the lower back.. the best angle would be from a low angle up the back.. something like the last pic but lower and up.. closer the better

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

Looks like you got an amazing deal on the machine. I am sure someone will be along very shortly who can tell you more about the machine and offer some suggestions to get it up and running soon. The pictures will be a big help.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok - I found the shut off for the payout - this now works - although 7 balls seems kind of a cheap payout - is there a way to adjust?

More pics of firing mechanism.

-IMG_0377.jpgIMG_0376.jpg

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to learn2shoot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a 7 & 15 machine based on the pic of the front. The payout is only 7 until you get into a fever mode, then you get 15 when the door at the bottom opens and the balls go in there.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by learn2shoot View Post
    ok - I found the shut off for the payout - this now works - although 7 balls seems kind of a cheap payout - is there a way to adjust?

More pics of firing mechanism.

-IMG_0377.jpgIMG_0376.jpg
    does the shooter work at all?? (looks like the string is broken??)

can ya post a pic same angle but of the right side back
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I have moved your thread to a 'Tech Support ticket' and hopefully the members can help you get your pachinko up and running quickly.

Sorry I cannot offer any really technical advice regarding your shooter / firing problems, other than to just mention that with Moderns you do have to make sure you are holding the shooter knob correctly, that is making good contact with the grounding ring, sometimes this can be the problem, some are not as sensitive as others, so just something to bear in mind.

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. i was looking at this model in Japan last month. See this thread for more information on the model.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/yaho...ly-modern.html

it sounds like its paying out right, As for the shooter, Make sure you take a firm hold of it and touch the ground ring on the back.
    Other things to check is make sure you are getting voltage to the shooter. If need be remove the assembly from the machine. These things normally come apart quite easiery
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The string is definitely in tact and seems to be going around the pulleys properly.
    The ground ring seems to be grounded - I base this on the fact that when plugged in - and I touch the firing dial the is a light click sound.

I am not eager to take the firing mechanism apart if I don't have to. Keep in mind the firing mechanism worked when I tried it out at the garage sale. The firing mechanism was light - only fired 1/2 way across the playfield - but I think that is a push and turn setting on the firing mechanism.