Thread: Found a Pachinko at the flea market...now what?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Found a Pachinko at the flea market...now what?

Hello all. I'm cmt1984.
    I picked up a Pachinko game machine at the flea market last week for $40. Today i started to do some research on it and this forum seemed very knowledgeable on the subject, so here I am.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my machine. I haven't had time to hook up some juice and see if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to cmt1984

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Found a Pachinko at the flea market...now what?

It's a vintage, so it will work without "plugging" it in. That is only for the empty ball hopper and jackpot lights. You can power them up with a 9V battery or 9-10 volt DC power pack to one pair of the terminals at the top right on the back of the machine. Most of these machines just need a good cleaning to work(no oil needed), so enjoy!

Nice find, and Welcome!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

4. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

Congratulations on your first machine. Looks like you got a good deal. Did the machine come with balls? If so how many? You will need quite a few to test it out. You should not need to hook up any power to test the machine. However for testing the lights you can use a 9 Volt battery.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great machine.. that is the same brand machine that brought me back to Pachinko so many years back..

great little machines.. if ya have any questions feel free to ask..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by naha13 View Post
    It's a vintage, so it will work without "plugging" it in. That is only for the empty ball hopper and jackpot lights. You can power them up with a 9V battery or 9-10 volt DC power pack to one pair of the terminals at the top right on the back of the machine. Most of these machines just need a good cleaning to work(no oil needed), so enjoy!

Nice find, and Welcome!
    Thanks. From a few things i read I thought it was Modern, nice surprise for it to be a Vintage

Also, it seems like a good cleaning is all that's needed like you said...but I think the spring for the, oh boy, I'm drawing a blank here..the spring for the thing that shoots the ball up needs to be tightened.

Is there any way to find out what year it is from? I looked through the Pachinko Library but didn't seem to find the model I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk!

Congratulations on your first machine. Looks like you got a good deal. Did the machine come with balls? If so how many? You will need quite a few to test it out. You should not need to hook up any power to test the machine. However for testing the lights you can use a 9 Volt battery.
    it came with only one ball. are they cheap to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    great machine.. that is the same brand machine that brought me back to Pachinko so many years back..

great little machines.. if ya have any questions feel free to ask..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    thank you. great to hear.

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone.

I'm going to get a 9v battery tonight and test it out. I'll let ya know what happens.

Thanks again!

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to cmt1984

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there is a place to adjust the shooter spring at the bottom of the machine..

near the bottom right section there should be a (usualy) metal strap that has holes in it.. pull it to the right one or two holes and place it back over the nail to hold it in place..

dont get to carried away adjusting it.. if you put tomuch tention on it the balls will over shoot and hit the rubber pice hard.. wearing it out..

make small adjustments to get it where ya like it

DSCF3631.jpg

hear is one i had that was plastic.. but ya should get the idea
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk!

Odd Daiichi machine. A 239D model. Though it looks like you have the one that fills a space in my Daiichi History. Daiichi : Pachinko Planet, Antique and Vintage Pachinko Machines

Yours looks to be a 1972. It has most of the parts of the 71 but the lower tray is for the 73 model. So it should be a 72.

Or it might be an alternative 73 model. There really wasn't any catalogs to see the different types of machines.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi There

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I have moved your Thread to the Vintage section for you

Our members are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful and will no doubt help you get your machine set up and running properly, so do not hesitate to post any questions or queries you may have

Congratulations on the Pachinko and the start of your new Adventure!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!! Thanks for joining our forum.

You will need a minimum of 500 Pachinko balls to get the machine working, however I would recommend 1,000 for normal play. The more you have, the longer you can play without needing to refill the upper ball hopper on the back. The best place to find balls is on eBay - they are quite plentiful there. Prices vary, but if you can get them for .05 to .06 cents each after shipping is calculated in, then you got a fair deal. The more you buy, the cheaper they are. I have been buying mine from the seller goldenstatetraders1 for several years now I am always very happy with his prices and service. I have never had an issue.

As for the spring that controls the shooter, there is an adjustment for it on the back of the machine that allows you to increase or decrease the tension (See pic).

Shooter tension adjustment.jpg

You want the shooter to be somewhat tight, but not so tight that every ball hits the bumper at the end of the ramp at the 2 o'clock position on the play field. The player should be able to have enough control to allow the balls to land on the nails at the top center of the play field, or travel down the left side if desired.

Hopefully this helps you with your current questions. Please keep them coming if you have more. We are always happy to help.

jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    there is a place to adjust the shooter spring at the bottom of the machine..

near the bottom right section there should be a (usualy) metal strap that has holes in it.. pull it to the right one or two holes and place it back over the nail to hold it in place..

dont get to carried away adjusting it.. if you put tomuch tention on it the balls will over shoot and hit the rubber pice hard.. wearing it out..

make small adjustments to get it where ya like it

DSCF3631.jpg

hear is one i had that was plastic.. but ya should get the idea
    great. thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    to Pachitalk!

Odd Daiichi machine. A 239D model. Though it looks like you have the one that fills a space in my Daiichi History. Daiichi : Pachinko Planet, Antique and Vintage Pachinko Machines

Yours looks to be a 1972. It has most of the parts of the 71 but the lower tray is for the 73 model. So it should be a 72.

Or it might be an alternative 73 model. There really wasn't any catalogs to see the different types of machines.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max
    Thanks Max.

Your website looks great, very nice work.

So then is it possible that its a '71 with '72 parts? Maybe someone tried to fix it up and didn't get the correct year parts? Or something of that nature?

If I do in fact have a '72, I would like to restore it with the correct parts to get it as original as possible. If you would like some pictures or something from me to fill your gap (once i get it cleaned up that is) then I would be more than happy to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    Hi There

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I have moved your Thread to the Vintage section for you

Our members are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful and will no doubt help you get your machine set up and running properly, so do not hesitate to post any questions or queries you may have

Congratulations on the Pachinko and the start of your new Adventure!!

Thanks so much for the welcome.

and for putting my thread where it belongs

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post

Welcome to PachiTalk!! Thanks for joining our forum.

You will need a minimum of 500 Pachinko balls to get the machine working, however I would recommend 1,000 for normal play. The more you have, the longer you can play without needing to refill the upper ball hopper on the back. The best place to find balls is on eBay - they are quite plentiful there. Prices vary, but if you can get them for .05 to .06 cents each after shipping is calculated in, then you got a fair deal. The more you buy, the cheaper they are. I have been buying mine from the seller goldenstatetraders1 for several years now I am always very happy with his prices and service. I have never had an issue.

As for the spring that controls the shooter, there is an adjustment for it on the back of the machine that allows you to increase or decrease the tension (See pic).

Shooter tension adjustment.jpg

You want the shooter to be somewhat tight, but not so tight that every ball hits the bumper at the end of the ramp at the 2 o'clock position on the play field. The player should be able to have enough control to allow the balls to land on the nails at the top center of the play field, or travel down the left side if desired.

Hopefully this helps you with your current questions. Please keep them coming if you have more. We are always happy to help.

jeff
    thanks so much. I'm a frequent eBay'er, so I'll just save myself some searching time and go with the seller you use.

Had a terrible migraine last night so I didn't get a chance to mess around with the machine too much, but I did manage to get the shooter spring adjusted...I should have plenty of time this afternoon...it's supposed to rain and I can't spray in the rain...I'm a farmer, we are spraying fertilizer on our corn and soybeans and the rain just washes it all away if it doesn't sit on the leaves long enough.

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to cmt1984

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cmt1984 View Post

Thanks Max.

Your website looks great, very nice work.

So then is it possible that its a '71 with '72 parts? Maybe someone tried to fix it up and didn't get the correct year parts? Or something of that nature?

If I do in fact have a '72, I would like to restore it with the correct parts to get it as original as possible. If you would like some pictures or something from me to fill your gap (once i get it cleaned up that is) then I would be more than happy to oblige.

Not my website. It is owned by member Rival. But I wrote that whole page for him.

I think yours is a 72. It was built with left over parts from the 71. But had new parts on it for the 73. So I would say yours is most likely a 72. Can you do me a favor and when you get it all cleaned up can you take a front and back picture of it (similar to ones on there). Then send me a PM when you got them and I'll have you send them to my email.

Thanks.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!!!
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury