Thread: What are these two things in the back of my 1970 Nishijin Model A?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What are these two things in the back of my 1970 Nishijin Model A?

Hi!

Can someone tell me what these two things are that living on my 1970 Nishijin Model A pachinko machine?

< Please see the pictures below in regards to my questions>

The first question: What is that red plastic thing located on the mid back right side? It looks like it was meant to hold something down. Does anyone know what that was meant for?

The second question: In the other photo, I have two arrows pointing to this almost horizontal "bent rod". This rod is located right above where the balls would drop into a container; in the back, bottom left. What is that rod meant for, and do I have it set incorrectly somehow? I see no purpose of it.

Thanks a bunch in advance!!!

Mike
    =)

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to CADdrafter.net

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What are these two things in the back of my 1970 Nishijin Model A?

Maybe - that red strap looks like it's in position to hold the white see saw cover up when you open it like a hood support on your car?

Unless I got this wrong, that bent wire is attached to the lower ball tray opening. If you collect too many reward balls and they back up into that blue section, it should prevent you from shooting more balls.

Hope this helps.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

4. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The red strap is an anti-cheat device. You put it in the hole I have the red arrow pointing to. (pic below) This prevents the chrome frame from being pried open. Most people don't use it because if you need to open the frame you forget that it is in place and you wonder why it won't open.
    red wire.jpg

The other thing you are questioning is an overflow shut off. Basically when there are too many balls in the lower tray it will fill that chute pushing the arm up stopping balls from entering the shooter. It isn't bent or anything it looks just fine.

100 machines and counting...

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    The red strap is an anti-cheat device. You put it in the hole I have the red arrow pointing to. (pic below) This prevents the chrome frame from being pried open. Most people don't use it because if you need to open the frame you forget that it is in place and you wonder why it won't open.
    red wire.jpg

The other thing you are questioning is an overflow shut off. Basically when there are too many balls in the lower tray it will fill that chute pushing the arm up stopping balls from entering the shooter. It isn't bent or anything it looks just fine.

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool!! Thank you both for helping me out with those two questions!!!even the guy who said 'Ditto' twice, thank you.

<sigh> Now I can sleep tonight!!

Enjoy your machines!

Mike

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CADdrafter.net