Thread: Website update, Customer Reviews and Mascot submissions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Website update, Customer Reviews and Mascot submissions

Hey all,

I just wanted to give everyone an update on how things have been going since we launched Akimono.com. Right now we just added a bunch of new sections along with some new products that we have never had in stock before.

We are also looking for people who are willing to write or repost their reviews of us for our website along with pictures of their game room. If anyone is interested please send the review and any pictures to contact@akimono.com and if it is approved I will post it for everyone to see along with a link to your own website if you wish.

Another exciting thing we are working on is looking for mascot submissions to represent our company. If you know of anyone who is good at digital design and wants to get their name out there you can direct them here to find more information about what we are looking for and how to send in images.

Thanks everyone and I'm looking forward to hearing from you all on what you think and suggestions are welcome!

-Frank
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Website update, Customer Reviews and Mascot submissions

Hi Frank,

Just a little feedback on the website - it's almost illegible on my laptop (running IE 8.0.76) as the pictures on your front page go all over the place, then into one single column justfied far left.

Also, the font you are using, though pretty, is a pain to read large blocks of.

Look - my own website is no oil painting, so I'm careful not to be too critical , but I'm not trying to sell anything so excuse me being blunt in this case.

From a customer's point of view, I find it worse to navigate than your previous one.
    Have you considered getting a pro to design it?

best wishes to you
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    Hi Frank,

Just a little feedback on the website - it's almost illegible on my laptop (running IE 8.0.76) as the pictures on your front page go all over the place, then into one single column justfied far left.

Also, the font you are using, though pretty, is a pain to read large blocks of.

Look - my own website is no oil painting, so I'm careful not to be too critical , but I'm not trying to sell anything so excuse me being blunt in this case.

From a customer's point of view, I find it worse to navigate than your previous one.
    Have you considered getting a pro to design it?

best wishes to you
    Criticisms are more helpful than well wishes. I haven't tested it out in IE only chrome and firefox, but I will work on it and see about reverting the fonts into something more legible. Alignment has always been an issue and the site is built to be easy and quick to update with new stock since we change it so often, but I'm sure it is something that can be worked out.

Any color issues?

-Frank
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also let me know about any loading issues (especially time wise) or problems with cursor roll over.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just fixed the Internet Explorer issue. Thanks for letting me know. Any font recommendations?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Working much better. I really don't have a problem with the font.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have always thought the little guy holding the tray of Pachinko balls over his head would be a great mascot.. im not saying copy that but if ya could get someone to redraw him a bit its a great concept.. or use him as is...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would suggest a menu system for your inventory. Seemed a little odd to be scrolling through Pachinkos and Pachislos and then see a sexy maids costume and nurse costume in the mix.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    I would suggest a menu system for your inventory. Seemed a little odd to be scrolling through Pachinkos and Pachislos and then see a sexy maids costume and nurse costume in the mix.
    Use the product search bar at the bottom. If you change item type to pachinko it will filter out everything else. You can also search using series, prices and it's stock status among other things. Also if you want to quick search for a title there is always control + F.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are located in NJ. Do you have a showroom to come in to see and try out a machine before buying? My wife and I come up to NJ several times a year to see family. In fact she is on her way back from there right now. Maybe on my next trip we could stop by. Save a little money on shipping that way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are located in NJ. Do you have a showroom to come in to see and try out a machine before buying? My wife and I come up to NJ several times a year to see family. In fact she is on her way back from there right now. Maybe on my next trip we could stop by. Save a little money on shipping that way.
    We normally have a couple of people come down a month. We are located in Mahwah NJ and if you want you are more than welcome to come as long as you give me some notice and we work out a time that works well for both of us. I just ask that you let me know which machines you would like to see as I like to get them out before hand as it might take a while if it a certain machine is in the back.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds great. I will certainly let you know next time we are in the area. Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds great. I will certainly let you know next time we are in the area. Thank you.
    Anytime!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Icemanabq