Thread: Help with King Camel volume

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Help with King Camel volume

Help please!

How in the name of sound do I turn down the volume in my King Camel? :confused:

Where is that invisible control to turn it down?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with King Camel volume

If you open the door and look at the left end of the clear plastic box behind the top reels, you'll see a 3-position switch. Move it back and forth and you'll notice it doesn't do much of anything. That's the volume switch.

Directly below that switch, you'll see 2 connectors. The bottom one is for the subwoofer. You can unplug that and your volume will decrease quite a bit. The subwoofer gets driven hard in this machine.

The tweeters have piezo elements and they're built into plastic boxes. To further reduce volume, you can take out the screws holding the boxes onto the door and stuff a cotton ball into the hole in the front of each tweeter box for some quick relief.

Later, you can put an L-Pad on the subwoofer and use some resistors on the tweeters for a permanent fix. An earlier post by Monsieur TANK has the particulars on which resistors worked for him.

-TW
    Dragon Dice * Arra King * King Camel * Ougonshin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many, many thanks, teedubya!

My nephew and I looked all over and never saw those!

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Help with King Camel volume

My pleasure!

TW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TeeDubya, another question about the KC.

Several times now I have hit "cherry"on the first reel. The machinne seems to like it, but I have yet to understand why!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Help with King Camel volume

The KC is sometimes a bit of an enigma...the cherries on the left reel gets you a gling-GLING and a cherry on the LED, but that doesn't seem to have much to do with what might happen next.

Kind of like the oasis scene that appears on the LED from time to time, I've seen that palm tree a lot and it doesn't precede anything worthwhile. Then again, I never really made an effort to correlate these symbols to anything that happens on the reels 10 or 20 spins down the road.

Everyone here that has one has remarked that this machine is a teaser. Most agree that a lot of the stuff that happens is just to keep us sitting there, feeding it. Thankfully the CPU doesn't know that we aren't paying for the tokens and gives up a bonus game once in a while.

My wife loves KC. I think the theme and the case look great, but there are other machines I like better. It frustrates the $4!7 outta me...can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to punch that little squeaky voiced barsteward! LOL

-TW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TeeDubya, all I can say to you is HOP' SEE or what ever that dam camel is saying.

Anyway call Syscom and ask to send the volume controls for a King Camel the top tweeters take the yellow ones and the bottom speaker uses the most common White volume control. The machine requires two Yellows and one White. Pack of five for $15.00 they will mix the colors within the five ordered.
    Harley Davidson ** King Camel ** Las Vagas ** Adams Family ** Dragon Dice ** Super Black Jack ** Sinbad Adventure ** Big Bomber ** Austin Powers ** Babel ** Hot Rod Queen ** Las Vegas**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Help with King Camel volume

Hiyas, ol-pachiman! And a big Hop See back atcha! LOL, I see you know that guy too.

Good info about the syscom volume controls. I'm going to order a couple yellow ones, been using the regular white ones for a while and they work okay...there's just not much range in the control. Thanks for that info.

TW