Thread: Error EC

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Error EC

just got my first machine and it's a project, full of mouse poo! I did a deep clean and fired it up and it somewhat works. If after sitting off and cold for a while it may boot normal and take tokens and seem ok but...when it's time to cash out it shoots a lot of tokens at what seems to be a random amount that then errors on EC...If it shoots them all out it errors on EH. Once in this state it will try to eject all tokens upon each and every power up and always ends in an error. Now, if I go back to it later at some random interval it might actually work for a while, taking tokens and spinning wheels until payout time, then the ugly cycle starts all over again. It's a 50's Cafe machine, there's one extremely similar but not exact on your tube... I've looked at all the documentation I can find and the machine I have is not like theses, it seems older.. Can anyone provide technical help to me please? I am extremely mechanically inclined!!! Thanks, Rick

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Error EC

Welcome to Pachitalk!

Can you post a couple of pictures of the machine? That may help. Also, how many tokens do you have? I keep about 1200 - 1500 in each of my machines.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I only have about 75 tokens. But after doing some reading I placed tape behind the coin ramp and now it also will take quarters. Since I'm new I'm looking how to upload pics now, I do have some to share.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to beatlebass

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a very cool machine

Still curious how many tokens you are using though. I am certainly no expert but I am thinking you may not have enough in the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I only have about 75 tokens

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you help me understand how the number of tokens in the hopper impact the operation? Any idea of the history of this machine like how old it is and what it's worth? I paid $40 for it and recovered $4 in quarters from inside!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you definitely need a lot more tokens. You can find them on eBay for a good price. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post about having 75 tokens. I was too busy admiring the pictures of your machine. It is a sweet one. I can't really comment on the mod for making it accept quarters as that is against the rules here and not recommended due to legal issues. I think when you add about 1000 tokens to the hopper things should get better.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the comments and advise Card Shark! Is my machine out of the ordinary? I got it because it's a 50's Hot Rod car theme and I'm a 60's muscle car enthusiast. I'm really interested in knowing when it was made and how it works end to end but so far the one on You Tube that I mentioned is the only one like it that I can find anything on at all. And that one on You Tube, although it has exactly the same graphic panels does not have exactly the same trim in other areas.

I will go ahead and get more tokens and see how that impacts the situation. Thanks again for assisting me and let me know if you know of anywhere I can gain more specific info on my machine. I'll check back with you after I fill the hopper!

Rick