Thread: Wall hung outlet advise

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Wall hung outlet advise

Hey all I am planning on wall mounting my 4 pachinkos this weekend...Since I am being too cheap to have outlets installed right behind them so you dont see the cords I have a question. Can I leave the machine switches on and just run all of the plugs from all of the machines into one remote powerstrip that will power up the machines when the switch is thrown? My real question is can 4 machines be on and played at the same time plugged into a powerstrip or is this to large of a load for that wall circuit? I plan on using this powerstrip to control the power to the machines.

8-Outlet Conserve Surge Protector with Remote Switch-BG108001-04 at The Home Depot
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wall hung outlet advise

I am no expert but I think you would be fine that way. I am actually looking into a power strip with switches for each outlet so I can select the machine or machines I want on.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Who makes that outlet?
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have used this particular powerstrip, with individual switches, and it works quite well.
    This particular one is sold by Cyberguys, but you can find it at other electronic/computer type places.

PowerStrip.jpg
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

7. The following user says "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That might be more of what he was looking for. I am planning on mounting mine inside the cabinet I build.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That looks good I am having a hard time finding it locally might have to order something like it online.
    Biohazard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you get one, let me know how it works out. Might go that route on my pachislos.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Will do thanks guys!
    Biohazard

12. The following user says "Thanks" to awassig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i recently did the same thing with 8 machines that i mounted on a basement wall and have 4 more to add to that. my preferred method is to install a small on/off switch before the machine's transformer on each machine in an out-of-the-way location so as to to interfere with the original look. i placed a small toggle switch in the lower left corner of each machine so that i can turn on each machine individually. i don't want my other 7 machines or soon to be 11 on just to play one nor do i want to walk to the powerstrip each time to flip switches. i ran all their power cords into a large powerstrip and ziptied everything out of the way to the bottom mounting brackets. i then ran a power cord that i custom made that goes up the wall and across the basement ceiling. i just bought the plugs and appropriate length of cord from the hardware store and put it together. that then plugs into to a step down transformer that puts out 100V as in the parlors in Japan. so to play i turn on the step down transformer and walk up to whatever machine and turn it on. i've had all 8 of my machines on at once and no issues with tripping a breaker but when people are playing there's never that many at once since most gravitate towards my pinball machines but i also have a sign that asks that they turn each machine off when done. easy to do with individual power switches on each machine.
    i do like the power strip with it's own switches per receptacle and i'd utilize that if i didn't use the setup up above. another thing i did was to fasten a length of stainless safety wire to each machine that attaches to a 6X6 that runs along the top perimeter of my basement so that if for some reason the 3 mounting brackets fail on a given machine, it won't fall to the floor. although the safety wire is hidden since it travels up thru the top mounting bracket, i didn't have to worry about aesthetics because it's the basement. this may or may not be an option for you but something to think about.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog