Thread: First Pachinko, Need help with see saw and jackpot reload. Detailed VIDEO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Pachinko, Need help with see saw and jackpot reload. Detailed VIDEO

Newbie...First post and first pachinko machine...Just trash picked this 1978 Mizuho Colorful Flowers machine and having a issue with the see saw mech and the reload jackpot mech, Please see video, thanks for any help!!

[video]

Trev

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to logicsound

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Pachinko, Need help with see saw and jackpot reload. Detailed VIDEO

after looking at it some more and reading some other posts, maybe my seesaw is fine and its just my jackpot level that needs to be adjusted because after a jackpot the seesaw gets reset to correct position. Going to take it apart and clean and lube it up to see if it will work.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to logicsound

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Pachinko, Need help with see saw and jackpot reload. Detailed VIDEO

First order of importance is Welcome to PachiTalk!

Second (But no less important) is THANK YOU for saving one of these wonderful machines.

Now to business. This is how the seesaw reset works on my Sanyo:

An avalanche of balls fall out of the jackpot mechanism and they all fall down and hit a lever. The lever pivots and pulls the seesaw back up to accept the next ball by means of a slip rod. The "A" photo below highlights the slip rod.

Regarding the lever that the avalanche of balls fall on, there's a rod underneath it that is connected to a bell crank so that when the lever drops it strikes the lever and releases the ball which is held on the jackpot lever. Photo "B"

The jackpot mechanism lever in photo "C" is reset by the weight of the steel rod on the left side.
    It appears yours is binding. I'd check the alignment of the lever the ball actually rides on, that the plastic "shelf" the ball sits on is not touching the yellow plastic slot it pivots in, I'd clean/check the operation of the jackpot mechanism itself and that the ball empty lever isn't catching on anything. The ball empty lever is the vertical brass length of metal that is fastened onto the top lever sticking up, the one that connects onto the jackpot mechanism.

IMG_2336.jpgIMG_2338.jpgIMG_2338a.jpg
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by logicsound View Post
    after looking at it some more and reading some other posts, maybe my seesaw is fine and its just my jackpot level that needs to be adjusted because after a jackpot the seesaw gets reset to correct position. Going to take it apart and clean and lube it up to see if it will work.
    DON'T lube it with anything. Make it clean and it should work fine.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is difficult to tell in the video, but at about 2:51, it appears that one of the pay off locking devices is in the "down" position - indicating the reward tray is not full.
    This would prevent a jackpot.

Sure looks like a Daiichi from the back.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yea the payoff was in down postition but I filled it up and fixed that. those things drove me crazy before I knew what they were. I just checked the jackpot mech and there was a little screw at the pivot point that was tight, loosened that bad boy up and the entire machine is working correctly now!!! Now can anybody help me on the lights? or tell me where I can find one of those bigger balls that goes into the reset seesaw thing?

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpgThanks!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi there

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I'm not too technical with the mechanics of Pachinkos, but here's a useful link to a post that contains some collated info regarding various aspects of restoration, if you scroll down the post, you will find some links to electrics / wiring that may be helpful.

a summary of vintage info. threads, thru 1/2010

Or I'm sure one of our knowledgeable members will come along and post some advice for you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: First Pachinko, Need help with see saw and jackpot reload. Detailed VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by logicsound View Post
    yea the payoff was in down postition but I filled it up and fixed that. those things drove me crazy before I knew what they were. I just checked the jackpot mech and there was a little screw at the pivot point that was tight, loosened that bad boy up and the entire machine is working correctly now!!! Now can anybody help me on the lights? or tell me where I can find one of those bigger balls that goes into the reset seesaw thing?
    There should be two switches for the lights, one is for the empty reward tray light and the other is for the jackpot light. Maybe post a picture of those two switches and the wiring terminal block , if there is one. Usually there is a terminal block with 2 or more thumb screws, one is negative, one is positive and the other is for the "attendant" (not used for normal lights). You can do a quick test by pressing a 9V battery up against the terminals and see if anything works.

Maybe just use a marble or a ball bearing from the hardware store. You'd have to experiment with the size, I've never measured the diameter. Think they vary and most machines use a pin instead of the recirculating ball... You might be able to drill a hole and use a pin like on a Model B.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2

12. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

if your needing light parts ya can get nice replacements from your local radio shack..

as for the missing ball im not sure what your missing.. the jackpot worked now that ya lossened a screw.. so what ball is missing.. if its woring now i would not worrie about it.. i cant think if a ball hanging in the area ya pointed to that would help with a jackpot..

so more information if your having problems..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is a picture of the reset "ball" in a Kyoraku machine. Your machine will be different.

It was missing the dust cover, so I made one out of wood strips and plexi. That is the clear plastic in front of it.

DSC01512.jpg

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, Thanks for all the replies!! yes somewhere I have a tin of marbles and I am going to hopefully find one that works (mopar the missing ball is the one that goes in the reset part...a normal ball is too small). As for the lights I don't think I have a terminal block but tomorrow I will look again and also see if I can find the switches for the reward tray and jackpot. I will get some pics. THANKS again for all the replies!! awesome!

Thanks
    T

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to logicsound

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a similar problem and the things you mention seem to be working fine. The pivot seems pretty loose; the horizontal piece above the pivot seems to hold the pivot open so a new set of balls does not enter the payout area. Hopefully the attached video helps. Appreciate any tips!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello and welcome

Similar issue here in this tread.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ime-warned-you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rcbruba View Post
    I have a similar problem and the things you mention seem to be working fine. The pivot seems pretty loose; the horizontal piece above the pivot seems to hold the pivot open so a new set of balls does not enter the payout area. Hopefully the attached video helps. Appreciate any tips!

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

cleaning it would be a good starting point.. sometimes the pivot points are sticky from people using solvents to clean, so in rare occasions i have had to sand and polish pivot points.. start simple and make sure every thing is super smooth during reassembly.. No lubricants are needed..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Sankyo is doing this exact same thing. The see saw resets properly, it's just that the jackpot spoon/rocker thingie doesn't fall back down, and so new balls don't flow into the jackpot. I hope disassembly and sanding can solve this for me. I'm frustrated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    My Sankyo is doing this exact same thing. The see saw resets properly, it's just that the jackpot spoon/rocker thingie doesn't fall back down, and so new balls don't flow into the jackpot. I hope disassembly and sanding can solve this for me. I'm frustrated!
    i doubt you will need to sand anything.. polish maybe, cleaning will be required.. Q-tips will be your friend when cleaning pivot holes

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried to post this in a new thread, but I don't think I'm very good at PachiTalk... Here's what is going on with my machine, and even after cleaning the spoon gizzy and pin very well it still doesn't help. Please watch my video and give me advice, won't you??

https://youtu.be/7TsmQNefo4Q

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ALL Axle (or metal bars if that suits you) Need to be polished including your main prize ball center mechanism . And even the second see saw that is the bottom most trip that you did .

Miracle cloth works for me since 2002

https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Purpo.../dp/B012BJVMKY
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    I tried to post this in a new thread, but I don't think I'm very good at PachiTalk... Here's what is going on with my machine, and even after cleaning the spoon gizzy and pin very well it still doesn't help. Please watch my video and give me advice, won't you??

https://youtu.be/7TsmQNefo4Q
    can you post another vid of the winning ball falling off the jackpot spoon a few times..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Posted the new requested video on this thread. Sorry for taking up so much real estate!

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...D-acting-weird

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Admiral