Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zizzle zizzle zizzle pinball please help me pleeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeeee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Zizzle zizzle zizzle pinball please help me pleeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    That virtual pinball is pretty cool! I would hate to know what it costs! All it really needs is a vibrator, or something that thumps the case to give it that "feel" of real pinball!
    I agree!
    If it had an EM pin reproduction program it would have to have an actual set of those 120v heavy bank reset coils along with some smaller ones to get that classic "Click click click, clack clack clack, buzzzzz clack buzzz" and shake the dang cabinet while resetting. Now THAT's pinball at its finest.

I have some pin programs in my phone. I see this as just a bigger version.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cant beat all the noises of an EM pin. It's music. Have you seen the repro King of Diamonds pin? Cool but pricey. They kept the EM look, score reels, and essentially the soul of an EM but under the hood it's modern components that control everything and reproduce the various mechanical sounds.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Zizzle zizzle zizzle pinball please help me pleeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeeee

I have played a virtual pin machine at cppinball in Illinois, and I was actually less than impressed. I had my heart set on building one, I watched tons of videos online, got plans, even bought a few of the tools I would need to begin, and had it all priced out. Then I saw that a place not too far away had one you could actually try, and I was stoked; my son and I basically climbed over each other to get in the car and go. It was a professional model from VirtuaPin, The Virtual Pinball Cabinet but the smaller 37 inch playfield, not the 47. It was gorgeous, let me tell you. The game selection was simply amazing, and frankly, you basically "fall into" the table visually, in the playing position. It was fast, responsive, no draw times, everything you would expect from a 5 to 7K machine. And yet... it just didn't feel right. I'm not a purist by any stretch. So far, I've cannibalized a few arcades to make mame rigs, which is blasphemy to purists. If a newer product is better, out with the old, in with the new as far as I'm concerned. But ultimately, although I'm a regular there now (would have been there tonight, except that I have to work) neither my son nor I have played it more than twice. Not when there are 70+ other classic pinball machines to choose from.

I'm still probably going to build one, but I am less enthused than I was before. What it gives you, is a pinball simulation and unparalleled variety, at a very reasonable price; especially when you consider that some of those classic pins represented on the virtua pin go for almost as much as the machine itself. You'll never get tired of playing just one machine, like you will with a classic, but it simply won't get you as excited from game to game as the real version of the machine you are emulating.
    Pachislo: Spin Luck, 7's VS $, Dance Night Pachinko: Road Star, Vintage Nishijin Super Deluxe (unidentified) Arcade: 1 MAME Rig, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Crisis Zone Deluxe, 1 MAME WIP Pinball: 1939 Keeney's Super Six

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats pretty much what I figured would be my experience if I ever played a virtual pin. I'm headed down to the Pacific Pinball Expo this weekend and I'll play one of its there and report back.The technology and idea are really cool but I don't think a virtual can ever be as fun. For that cash, you could get a great selection of EM pins and a storage unit from which to rotate them in and out of your house.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are still looking, we have one. It is a 3/4 size one in excellent working condition. Pirates of the Caribbean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2