Thread: A newbie says THANKS! :

Spacemt

Default A newbie says THANKS! :)

Hello everybody! I've been "lurking" on Pachitalk for the past three weeks and just wanted to thank you all for the informative posts and overall entertainment value of this site.

Of course, by perusing this board I caught the "FEVER" and had to purchase a pachislo...I decided to purchase a special at Syscom, the Dai Yamato...

The pachislo arrived today in pristine condition, but during transition its innards must of been jostled a bit...the LCD and the reels were loose... Without the knowledge gleened from various posts here, my reaction would have been dismay and panic and I would be trying to repack the machine and drive to the nearest "shipping store" to return the unit. Instead I just dig right in to put things where they belonged. I had so much fun..."Restoring" the machine may prove to be more fun than actually playing the pachislo!!! Special kudos to arbycoffee for your "Congratulations, you have just purchased Pachislo Slot" Sticky...I followed it step by step and it beat back every "Error Message" the machine could throw at me...LOL!!!

Enuff talk...now to actually PLAY the machine...once again, THANKS Pachitalk members!!!

SpaceMt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A newbie says THANKS! :)

Great message, and great to have you here, Spacemt! Exactly right, you were able to get things in order with your new machine and have the confidence to do so because of this resource here. Thanks for stating it so well and posting it, too!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey... welcome aboard!!!

Enjoy the site, and THANKS for looking around to get answers!

There's plenty of information in here, and a wealth of knowledge. Enjoy the new "addiction". Feel free to ask about anything that isn't clear in the posts you do find.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Spacemt,

You should be warned though. Hanging around on this board will led to your Dai Yamato multiplying. Before you know it, you will be planning an addition to your home to make room for you new children.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva
    Spacemt,

You should be warned though. Hanging around on this board will led to your Dai Yamato multiplying. Before you know it, you will be planning an addition to your home to make room for you new children.
    He is very serious! In 3 months I have 8 machines and I see no end to this wonderful madness!

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

LaughingJim

Glad to have you aboard...

Keep this in the back of your mind...

My posts are really opinionated, after spending many hours searching, I get filled with as much good info as I do bad. Where possible, I try to precede my ramblings with "To the best of my knowledge...", or "As far as I know..." Etc...

Take anything I say with a grain of salt, and alwasy get a second opinion... there are others out there who can help you make a better decision, or make decisons more clear.

Don't be afraid of a little plastic and high voltage... (LOL)

and...

Don't open your Pachislo face with a pay-out drawer full of coins... (Unless you are looking for the ultimate restoration challange!)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingJim
    Glad to have you aboard...

Don't open your Pachislo face with a pay-out drawer full of coins... (Unless you are looking for the ultimate restoration challange!)
    That is why both of my machines are chained to the wall. I all most lost my Babel.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I attached all my machines to the wall to prevent exactly that from happening -- every pachi got a small screw through the back to keep it sitting upright, no matter if the door is wide open or not. Some people attach the machines to their stands or use another method depending on how they are displayed.

LaughingJim

My suggestion for falling machines is this...

Screw a velcro strap onto the back of your stand, then hammer one of those wire guide nails into the back of the pachislo machine. The higher the better, for access reasons. If you need more anti-tipping power after that. Throw a ziplock freezer bag that is filled with sand or stones into the machine, more towards the back. The machines seem to be balanced just enough that any coins you have in the door will bring it over that point of balance.

NOTE: A wire guide nail... (Not sure what it is actually called.) Looks like a giant staple, or two nails through a plastic bridge. You use them to fasten electrical wires onto wood without crushing it. It makes a nice and sturdy hole to slip velcro straps through.

I just rest a beer on top of my machines while I work on them, that also reminds me when I need to get a refill. Tipping = get more beer!

Spacemt

Thanks for all the warm welcoming greetings!!! Pachitalk feels like a "Home away from Home" ( with me its more like a "Home away from the seat in front of your computer in your basement where you spend all the time in your Home")

And LaughingJim, your suggestions on "Falling Machines" are points well taken! I unpacked my machine and placed it on an 18" table. I was VERY careful in opening it, and I discovered the reels and LCD were loose... I opened the door a little further and WHOA! The machine started tilting forward... I placed the machine on the floor on its back to work on it, being careful not to open the door past 90 degrees. Being used to opening refrigerators all the time without fear of them tipping forward spoils us, I guess!

SpaceMt