Thread: New member and new to pachinko's

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New member and new to pachinko's

Hi,

I'm new here and just joined thanks to Sid's help. I'm from Pinside, a pinball forum and I just purchased 2 Pachinko machines from Ebay (Vegasflowers), a Captain Harlock and a Evangelion 4 machine. Looking forward to growing my pachinko collection, I'm going to visit Frank (Custom Pachinko) next week to buy some more machines. I'm thinking about the following machines, I want to narrow it down to around 2-3 machines on that visit. What are peoples opinions on these machines? I'm looking for something my kids will enjoy playing with and guests to my game room who are not into pins yet. Prefer something not too repetitive and a great sound/light show. Hopefully with enough modes and features to last a bit.

Thanks!

Now for my questions

A. The following machines I'm thinking about from Frank. I saw the reviews for Evangelion 6 were not the best so I did not include on my list. Looking for any opinions on these machines, factor in the value as well.

(1) Matrix
    (2) Macross Fever
    (3) Galaxy Express
    (4) Nadesico
    (5) Genesis of Aquarion
    (6) Dynasty Warriors

B. Also I'm going to build a custom cabinet to utilize a dead space in my game room, using a wall where pinball machines will not fit. I have about 35 feet of wall space to work with. Would it make sense to pick up extra cells and mount the major frame types? Or do most people just buy dedicated frames for each cell. Not sure the practicality of swapping/storing extra cells.

C. I have a friend in Japan, she will be coming to the US in July, are there any things Pachinko related that I could have her buy in Tokyo that are hard/expensive to get here? I'm not going to ask her to bring over things like cells but was wondering if anything else was worth bring back?

Thanks again!

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Melbourne

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New member and new to pachinko's

Hello

Welcome to PachiTalk and the fantastic world of Pachinko!!

I have never owned or played any of the pachinkos on your shortlist, so I'll leave those for the other members to comment on, I'm sure members will be able to offer you some great advice and reviews.

Regarding cabinets, we actually have a section of the forums full of cabinet ideas, ranging from simple designs to more elaborate and ingenious creations. some members do 'cell swap' and this depends on the titles you choose, probably the Sankyo Lumina frame is the most popular, due to the amount of titles that fit this frame. I suppose it depends on the titles you want, how many pachinkos you want and the amount of space available for them.

here's the link to the cabinet section Pachinko Cabinets

and if you have any questions at all, please just post, the members here are a very friendly and knowledgeable group.

Last edited by hanabi; 05-13-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,

I'm probably going to go with 4-5 machines initially, the wall will fit probably 10+ machines without any issues. The Captain Harlock is a Lumina frame. I'm not entirely sold yet on keeping around extra cells and swapping them out when you want to play a new game. I'm jotting down notes on how I will build the cabinet.

Thanks!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Melbourne

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have both the Matrix and Macross, great games that everyone enjoys! The effects, lights and gameplay are a blast.
    Welcome to Pachitalk!!!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne View Post
    C. I have a friend in Japan, she will be coming to the US in July, are there any things Pachinko related that I could have her buy in Tokyo that are hard/expensive to get here? I'm not going to ask her to bring over things like cells but was wondering if anything else was worth bring back?

Thanks again!
    Hi and WELCOME!

Having lived in Japan myself, these are the pachi-related things I wish I had brought back with me on all my trips there.

1. Any and all picture books on pachinko. There are quite a few that have been released (big, coffee table style are very rare, but smaller picture ones are more common), although they are quite difficult to get hold of and probably wouldn't be in the local Kinokuniya. She'd need to hunt through Akihabara's s/hand stores, or bookstores in the suburbs. They are almost entirely in Japanese of course. They are worth good money here because of their rarity, but also as great reference books. I'd include Vintage and Modern categories as well - good info on either is hard to come by.

2. Spare parts - tulips, spinners, light globes specific to Lumina and other modern frames, bags of nails, nail bending kits, cell cleaner cans, all the small things that people need, but can never seem to find Stateside.

3. Ball lifters. These will actually fit in your luggage is you pack carefully, are not that heavy (relatively), but are very exxy at home (think around US$300 delivered). Plus, they are wanted (put on on eBay and watch what happens).

top of my head...
    There is always another machine around the corner...

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, I'll look into the books and bulbs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

not much help on Morder maachines.. so i cant help ya

I like the idea of a few nice books..

of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead