Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jackpot !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jackpot !

OK!, Here are the slides in the correct order.DSCF7203.JPG Along with the polished brass jackpot tube. Sorry, not gonna take it apart again for the step by step process. The reel plates, as mentioned above, have considerable wear.DSCF7200.JPG If you run your finger along the edge, you can feel the "mushrooming" of the metal where the kicker strikes it. The teeth seem to be used only for spinning the reels, and not for jackpot payout...so I don't see this as becoming a problem. The jackpots are determined by the holes in the plates. Here are some of the screws I replaced.DSCF7205.JPGDSCF7206.JPG If you can't tell which ones are new...GOOD! You can tell when you see it "in person". I'll keep the originals...but I don't know why. When I inspected the coin acceptor, a wire broke off of the micro switch.DSCF7198.JPG One wire was poorly soldered on, and the third is the original connector. I removed the plastic insulator, and crimped on 3 new connectors, and soldered them.DSCF7202.JPG The electrical on this machine is really quite simple.DSCF7201.JPG Just a terminal plate, fuse, transformer, relay...bell, and counters that cant be seen in this pic, and a couple of switches and solenoids on the mechanism. I really want a totally mechanical slot, with nothing electric. Plus the antique slots were works of art! Beautiful craftsmanship which we will never see again. I did discover a date of 1963 stamped into the case.DSCF7199.JPG The serial number is also stamped in the case. Oddly enough, the serial number on the mechanism is stamped on an aluminum plate glued to the frame. Seems like it would have been stamped into the frame. I cant find any other number stamped onto the frame (or ground off, for that matter), so I believe this is the original mechanism.DSCF7178.jpg Pay no attention to the last pic...I was searching through older pics for a pic of the serial number on the aluminum plate glued to the frame, it came off during cleaning...before this pic was taken. I still have it and will glue it back on.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    after looking at your pics it make me curious how and when mills and sega worked together.. i have sega machines that are older then this one.. and sega machines that appear to be newer??

does anyone know the relationship between sega and mills?? its my understanding Sega bought Mills.. but most Sega machines appear to have gone to Europe..

either way Cool machine
    Found this while doing some research, thought you might find it interesting. http://segaretro.org/Early_Sega_slot_machines

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Found this while doing some research, thought you might find it interesting. http://segaretro.org/Early_Sega_slot_machines
    ill have to check that out from home.. work putter has it blocked
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2