Thread: Jackpot !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Jackpot !

I scored big today! Been eyeballing an old Mills slot machine for a few years now. Seller, whom is a slot machine retailer, specializing in modern Las Vegas style machines, has always had this one,DSCF7122.jpg and a Mills Black Cherry. Both have always been about $1000, This one a little less, Black Cherry a little more. I decided to make a lowball offer with my tax refund, (I know...I should have used it to turn my GAS back on!) Owner was not in when I arrived. Employee informed me that owner wanted $500 for it! This was good news...as I wanted to offer $450 because of the economy...I figured slot machine sales would be slow, and maybe my offer would sound good! When owner's truck arrived...the son came out. He called owner and LONG STORY SHORT... $350 for a very vintage Mills slot machine. It is said to have come out of an AIR FORCE Officers Club.DSCF7129.jpg Machine # SAM 1. Part of the deal was NO KEYS! But I get to keep whatever money is inside. I had to pick the lock, using a pocket screwdriver, and a paper clip.DSCF7118.jpg Front door opened...2 lock cylinders on cash box to go. A mechanical machine it is!!!DSCF7115.jpgUnfortunately It only had about $15 in quarters in it, NONE SILVER! There was a minor payout issue, it didn't always pay what the payout chart stated.DSCF7127.jpg This was easily seen why once I picked the lock...a payouy slide was out of place.DSCF7116.jpg It is the crooked white piece between the flex pipe, and the brass tube. I still have some operating issues with it, and need it make keys/ pick locks, but I am very happy with the buy! Don't know exactly how old it is,(likely newer than 1950 because of electric plug. this is only used to power the electrical coin acceptor and keep track of coins! DSCF7131.jpg In order to fix it, I had to remove the payout slides. They are plastic, unusual for a Mills machine. I cleaned the oil off, because You Should Never oil the payout plaques. It will cause problems

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall