Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for a little help in California

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for a little help in California

I also do not understand why a seller will not post better pictures of the product they intend to sell. How difficult is it to take a good picture of the front AND the back of a machine!!!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

People are lazy and most sellers are thinking it will sell locally and interested parties could just go by. Still not acceptable but that's my guess.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by millermaster1 View Post
    You would think people that want to sell something actually do it.
    Yeah. I had to deal with this one guy. Worst seller ever. I sent him an email through CL's thing. I didn't get a response till a week later. I emailed him back and heard nothing from the guy. In the mean time I did send my phone # in every single email and told him to call me. He never did. Luckily I saw another listing of his and he put a # in it. :god: So I gave him a call. Just by how he was talking to me I could tell he really didn't want to sell the machines but he really needed the money. He kept going back and forth on what he actually wanted to sell and what to keep. Finally I got his address and picked up my machines.

It just shows how flaky some of those people can be. Though the worst ones are the ones who don't make up their mind if they want to sell or not.

The things I look for now in a respectable ad is: A phone #, or an email address (not CL's thing), home address, and great pictures.

I think I'll just leave it at that. I could go on for days about my likes and dislikes of CL. But no matter how much I dislike it, I keep checking there because of some of the killer deals that could pop up.

100 machines and counting...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well it turnd out to be a good deal.. the seller gave me his address and was verry nice.. easy to deal with.. I think he was planing on teaching me a few things but when i asked if he had adjusted the nails he said he never had the glass open.. when i told him i have had 40 machines.. (mostly vintage) he was quite and polite.. we made the deal and pack it down the stairs to my truck..

its on vaca at my house and ill get it packed up and on its way to its new home..

Congrats to Millermaster1 and i hope ya enjoy it.. ( I would recomnend Volume controls... SOON!!!)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would love to see some good pictures and a video.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Would love to see some good pictures and a video.
    ill see what i can do
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am glad this ended up working out. Should be a great machine!!! Congratulations!!!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's one of those machines that I always looked at on Slot pachinko's web site, but never pulled the $500 trigger they wanted for it. The time I was going to actually get it, I found out Kirt had passed.
    Life is short, get your toys when you can . Thanks to Mopar !!!

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Yeah. I had to deal with this one guy. Worst seller ever. I sent him an email through CL's thing. I didn't get a response till a week later. I emailed him back and heard nothing from the guy. In the mean time I did send my phone # in every single email and told him to call me. He never did. Luckily I saw another listing of his and he put a # in it. :god: So I gave him a call. Just by how he was talking to me I could tell he really didn't want to sell the machines but he really needed the money. He kept going back and forth on what he actually wanted to sell and what to keep. Finally I got his address and picked up my machines.

It just shows how flaky some of those people can be. Though the worst ones are the ones who don't make up their mind if they want to sell or not.

The things I look for now in a respectable ad is: A phone #, or an email address (not CL's thing), home address, and great pictures.

I think I'll just leave it at that. I could go on for days about my likes and dislikes of CL. But no matter how much I dislike it, I keep checking there because of some of the killer deals that could pop up.
    Another thing to is that we as buyers are impatient and we want answers right away whereas dealing with 50 or so bucks is not on the seller's to-do list first thing in the morning. Just not that much money many times. I've had good experiences overall with craigslist but I don't offer the asking price. The seller is gonna be dealing with potentially lots of people all offering the same price so I try eliminate that with a good price and a polite, informed email/message so they know im not a tire kicker. I did pick up an arrangeball after a 2 week period of being incommunicado with the seller. I figured with that type of machine it sold quickly and I was too late but turned out he was just busy. Only time out of about 15 CL deals I lost out on was because seller didn't have a PayPal account but the machine was broke as I later found out. All in all, CL is easily the best place for vintage pachinkos. Think about it, where do almost all of our vintages come from?
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Another thing to is that we as buyers are impatient and we want answers right away whereas dealing with 50 or so bucks is not on the seller's to-do list first thing in the morning. Just not that much money many times. I've had good experiences overall with craigslist but I don't offer the asking price. The seller is gonna be dealing with potentially lots of people all offering the same price so I try eliminate that with a good price and a polite, informed email/message so they know im not a tire kicker. I did pick up an arrangeball after a 2 week period of being incommunicado with the seller. I figured with that type of machine it sold quickly and I was too late but turned out he was just busy. Only time out of about 15 CL deals I lost out on was because seller didn't have a PayPal account but the machine was broke as I later found out. All in all, CL is easily the best place for vintage pachinkos. Think about it, where do almost all of our vintages come from?
    Yeah you have a good point with what you say there. Only thing that really annoyed me was the seller I was going after had a PF. Which he ended up deciding to keep. Just cause he saw the one sell on ebay for $400.

Let's just put this discussion of CL to an end. (unless members want to hear more ranting. )

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, with the help of Mopar...The Ferrari is in the house. Despite Fedex tring to destroy my machine, she got here in one piece! They managed to crack my overflow tray, covered the game in diesel dust and lost over 200 balls in the transport. Don't know how they managed this
    Mopar was able to fix a problem with the payout motor and work the price down a few bucks for me
    Great to have members like him and be part of this community!

F3.JPGF2.JPGF1.JPG

17. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine, congrats!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Melbourne

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Members helping members is one of the many things that makes this forum so great!!

Glad to hear that you got you desired machine, and thanks to Mopar for helping out.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well im disapointed in FedEx for trying so hard to break it... im totaly stumped as to how they got it so dirty... but in the end im happy to hear that MillerMaster is happy...

thats all that matters..

puting in a bit of time to help out others is what makes it all worth while..

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool, nice work guys!

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Icemanabq

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can fix the crack with a little super glue. Apply sparingly and push together so the crack almost disappears. This method works great. Buff the whole machine up with Novus #2, then Novus #1. That will make the machine shine beautifully!

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to portercbl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe one of the fedex guys opened the box and played with machine for a while then put it back.That's how it got so dirty and beat up.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to yose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2