Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wife's outta town...ROAD TRIP!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Wife's outta town...ROAD TRIP!

Just bought the dirtiest, nastiest, filthy vintage for 10 bucks. Figured it woud be at leat 10 bucks of fun to see if I could get it to work. It is a quarter operated machine that is dirty, nasty and filthy! (did I aleady mention that?). I was afraid to take it into the house and plug it in lest it would shoot sparks or worse yet catch on fire and burn down the pachinko palace. Anyway, I set it up in the garage and plugged it in. No sparks...no fire...just the sound of a soleniod activating. Counter lit up and seems to keep count...so far so good. Shooter shoots balls...one tulip is a little sticky. Doesn't seem to want to pay out unless I force it to. Maybe not enough balls or sticky seesaw. There is a track cover that needs to be put back in place. The circuit board looks to be in quite good shape. Cell is dirty but no water stains. It doesn't want to accept quarters just yet but at least it gives em back when the coin return is pressed. There seems to be something missing...looks to hold something and has some wires attached to it. Anyone know what that is (see pic). Also just won a single shot on eBay for 20 bucks (can't believe I was the only bidder). http://www.ebay.com/itm/261009786038?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2 649 So now for the big question...what am I gonna tell the wife when she gets home?! Help me out here! Reply to this post with something creative I can tell her and something she just might believe!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wife's outta town...ROAD TRIP!

Just tell her the truth, you found it at the side of the road. Well for $10 you practically did.

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey $30 that is a great deal for both. What is the CF on the coin-op. It looks to be a JAL but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure how to help you out, but saying that you found them sounds like it would work.

100 machines and counting...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The JAL are on the wings of a jet in the CF. I would assume it stands for Japan Air Lines. Played around a little more and it's accepting quarters now. The "TILT" light comes on when I tip the machine. Still not paying out although the soleniod is activating. Chrome is mighty rusty...may have paint it a bright color if it doesn't clean up. The wife is on to me...says she is going to set the pachinkos on fire and kill me in the bonfire.
    Yukamin Zaki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What I used to do when a new machine "showed up" was I would say, "Eh, found it on CL for about 20 bucks" (when I probably paid $80, especially the Power Flash for $125.00). I know, not very honest. Otherwise our 27 years of marriage still goes on!

She has no interest in my machines which makes it a separate reality to her. There are only 2 in the house. The rest are in a finished detached former garage where I work on them. She doesnt even go in there. In my 2nd home next door, the REAL garage, with ATV's and Motorcycles (and about 30 machines) she NEVER goes there and just parks on the street. She does know I have about 50 of them but we dont talk about it.

However my five Pachislo's have been a little harder to explain because they cost a bit more but I managed to get approval for those, whew, I guess the sounds and lights make it fun and, I guess, acceptable!!

Am I evil?

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no. just a typical husband
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the part in the last pic is a tilt pendelum.. and yours is missing..

good news

i THINK i have one.. might be a bit to find it but i think i do..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    What I used to do when a new machine "showed up" was I would say, "Eh, found it on CL for about 20 bucks" (when I probably paid $80, especially the Power Flash for $125.00). I know, not very honest. Otherwise our 27 years of marriage still goes on!

She has no interest in my machines which makes it a separate reality to her. There are only 2 in the house. The rest are in a finished detached former garage where I work on them. She doesnt even go in there. In my 2nd home next door, the REAL garage, with ATV's and Motorcycles (and about 30 machines) she NEVER goes there and just parks on the street. She does know I have about 50 of them but we dont talk about it.

However my five Pachislo's have been a little harder to explain because they cost a bit more but I managed to get approval for those, whew, I guess the sounds and lights make it fun and, I guess, acceptable!!

Am I evil?
    Question: Does she get approval for her $150+ hair cuts and color? My wife doesn't, but she still doesn't want to see another $25 vintage pachinko in the garage. Double standard.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the part in the last pic is a tilt pendelum.. and yours is missing..

good news

i THINK i have one.. might be a bit to find it but i think i do..
    That makes sense, Mopar. The tilt light came on once and hasn't come on again. If ya find one send me a PM and let me know what ya want for it.
    Last edited by pachinkojeff; 04-28-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Yukamin Zaki

17. The following user says "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I saw that one too! Parts only??? How is the cell? Looked faded...but could have just been flash! I think it will clean up nicely!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

does this look right???

11aapachinko tilt 003.jpg11aapachinko tilt 002.jpg

this is one of the other style of Computer Pachinko.. but should be similer..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting find! Is this typical for imported vintages, to be outfitted with a quarter slot? Never seen that on a Pachinko before...

As for the wife, honesty is the best policy. Just tell her It turned up on the doorstep with a note that said "Please take care of my baby. I cannot." ;-)

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to sethbramwell

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sethbramwell View Post
    As for the wife, honesty is the best policy. Just tell her It turned up on the doorstep with a note that said "Please take care of my baby. I cannot." ;-)
    I read this in a forum poster's signature once : 'I hope when I die my wife doesn't sell all my machines for what I told her I paid for them!!'

There is always another machine around the corner...

25. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I saw that one too! Parts only??? How is the cell? Looked faded...but could have just been flash! I think it will clean up nicely!
    Both were listed as parts only machines. The coin operated machine was on Craig's List in Upper Arlington which was about an hour and forty minute drive for me. Progress continues as it is now accepting coins and paying out. Now the real clean up begins. The single shot on eBay is being shipped and I'm hopeful it is complete and will work with a litttle tweaking. Looks like the ashtray may be broken but it is hard to tell from the picture. Also hard to tell if the cell is faded or just dirty. I'll post pictures of it when it arrives.
    Yukamin Zaki

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as a women , let me tell you, just be upfront. Honey look what I brought home for you...

at Bigdog
    Spoiler

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to beachcat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting find! Is this typical for imported vintages, to be outfitted with a quarter slot? Never seen that on a Pachinko before...

I / we refer to them as Computer Pachinko.. hear is a vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwxQesuW03o

31. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The computer pachinko I used to have I got tired of the vibrating cellonoid that ran the ball reloader. I found that by just leaning the machine ahead a very little I then disconnected it and it worked fine. You will notice the pin to let you either win four or up to seven balls with each pocket hit. I found it alot more fun to get the seven balls. I turnned it over twice to 2200 for my best game. THe puter board is the thing that usually is broken or burnt out. Looks like you have a very nice one.

For those of you that do not have an arrangeball this machine is about the closest you will get to one. The nice feature is that the game is like pinball in some respects that you only win so many balls to play and then you have either won a game or two or you put in another quarter. Usually you have to score a hundred points to get a game and the max wins is nine. After that you just have to keep track of your score. Alot of fun and a great purchase. Usually the board is fried and you have nothing. Mopar has one working and a parts machine. I picked up the machine in Georgia on one of my road trips. Good luck with yours.

As far as the better half we all have our own problems in that regard.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

33. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are going to tell the wife that while she was away, You paid $10 for something that was a a bit dirty and very filthy.
    You had better hope she finds out it was only a Pachinko.

35. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by derek1960 View Post
    If you are going to tell the wife that while she was away, You paid $10 for something that was a a bit dirty and very filthy.
    You had better hope she finds out it was only a Pachinko.
    Yukamin Zaki

37. The following user says "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no it's not typical and a handful or so come up for sale on craigslist every year. there's a pair right now in cali that the guy has been trying to sell for some time. i don't know the history behind these machines as to where they were used, numbers made, etc but it does seem that they frequently do have issues with the circuit board. i've never played one but it looks like it would be more fun to play than a standard vintage in that the games are short.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

39. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast