Thread: made with 2 different voltages ,why ???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default made with 2 different voltages ,why ???

Truly dumb question but, any one got a clue to why some of these pachislo machines were made at the factories in 100 volts & others in 24 volts ???
    Some of these companies themselves , made machines in both (just not the same model).
    just seems odd to me. I personally would not think of doing the same , if I were to manufacture a product.
    I own one of each (24v / 100 v) , plus thought about the conversion idea, if I were to import any to the u.s., hence this dumb question on my mind.
    jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: made with 2 different voltages ,why ???

My understanding is in Japan the voltage is 100VAC stepped down to 24VDC with a transformer. They should be swapped out with an American transformer that uses 120Vac stepped down to 24VDC...at least I BELIEVE it is DC could be 24VAC. Arbycoffee started a thread...Important Please Read! Seems to be a debate as to if it matters. Post a pic as now I'm curious as to what you have.
    My understanding is in Japan the voltage is 100VAC stepped down to 24VDC with a transformer. They should be swapped out with an American transformer that uses 120Vac stepped down to 24VDC...at least I BELIEVE it is DC could be 24VAC. Arbycoffee started a thread...Important Please Read! Seems to be a debate as to if it matters. Post a pic as now I'm curious as to what you have.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 04-23-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well from what I have read so far , importers of these machine , have to put the transformers in (once state side) for those made in 24 volts ,stepping down the "110" volts to the 24 volts. and on the machines made in 100 volts , these same importers do nothing to them (No voltage conversions).
    the Japanese exporters of course do nothing to them..., some check that they actually work of course.

on my so-so list;
    Aruze 27 made in 100 volts & 1 in 24 volts.
    Belco ,so far all in 24 volts.
    Eleco. 2/3ds in 100 volts ,rest 24 v.
    Igt , 3/4 in 100 v.
    kita denshi 3/4 made in 24 v.
    Olympia 16 so far =100 v & 2 in 24v
    Rodeo all so far, 24 v.
    Sammy all so far, 24 v.
    Yamasa 99 % in 24 v.
    my list does not have them all yet..., might have all the machines but not each voltage made in.
    actually a nice list to use to see which (straight from japan) you Have to spend more money on to convert over , with a transformer (the 24 volt ones).
    I agree the big discussion over adding anything or not to the 100 volt machines.

As I said, I thought it was odd to see these Factory made in both voltages, since Japan is 100 v for "household power".
    why the 24 v's made ???
    Remember, I gave full warning in advance... Dumb Question !
    was toying with a book idea on these, hence me hunting down some of the info., Plus I own 2 , one of each voltage.
    I might be thinking to much...
    jeff

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It doesn't seem like a dumb question to me..

But I would wonder more why the 100v ones are made..It makes more sense to me that they would all be 24v so they wouldn't need to have different wiring in the parlors for pachislos and pachinkos which are 24v..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well I know nothing on the pachinkos, (now do). maybe ...that is part of the answer ???
    as I said , like eleco. some of both volts used/made in, but if the game, "rock you queen" (the queen band) was super popular & many parlors wanted it, it was in 24 volts only.
    maybe older parlor shops having the pachinkos for many years, rigged up for 24v only, later could not avoid having some of the pachislos added ,So had to request these be made for them too. and the "newly built" parlors built specifically for the pachislos just went with the 100v. ??? but being very popular ,the pachinkos were never replaced by the pachislos ???
    fast look at my mixed up list (in middle of re writing it) earliest was 1990 by kitac (24v)& 1 by abilit (?).

I guess I'll just contact one of the companies & ask them ??
    lets be honest many of the parlors were directly linked to some of the makers too, might be part of the answer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1st pachislo made by Yamasa , most likely in 24 volts (not sure), "PULSAR" in 1980 !!!
    their next one ,pulsar XX out in 1985.