Thread: Nishijin Shiroi Kamome with Sophia on the back - Model C - Can you help identify

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Shiroi Kamome with Sophia on the back - Model C - Can you help identify

Greetings all! This is my first post and my first machine. I've never played on any pachinko machines and I haven't played this one yet. I found it at a local garage sale. It's pretty dirty and I would rather clean it before I use it. I've been tinkering around it and figured out how to open the panels and the glass. It's missing the key though. I've attached the pictures. After lots of searching on this site before posting my questions I found it to be a model C and it has the same background art as the one identified here: 1978 Boxing http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintage...7625127238867/

The center part is different though and features a nice bridge over a stream.

In my hunt for pictures to identify this machine I noticed that other model C's seem to have some sort of mechanism in the center back, mine doesn't Is mine missing?

I will continue searching for information but do you happen to have any bookmarked links you could share to speed up my search on taking it apart and how to clean it properly?

Here are the pictures. Thanks for any replies!
    P1040057.jpgP1040058.jpg

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Thraka

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Shiroi Kamome with Sophia on the back - Model C - Can you help iden

Welcome to PachiTalk!!! Thanks for joining the forum.

I like you Model C machine - Very Nice!! Based on the center feature installed in the machine, it looks complete to me. I have a Model C machine with a similar type of center feature and the back of my machine looks very similar to yours. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Each machine is a bit different.

Regarding disassembling and cleaning your machine, refer to this thread. Lots of good tips and info to help get you started: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...o-machine.html

If you run into any issues along the way, just post back to the forum and the folks here will gladly provide you with the help you need.

Again, welcome to our community! Please visit us daily and post often.

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 04-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Shiroi Kamome with Sophia on the back - Model C - Can you help iden

​Welcome to Pachitalk! Nice looking machine you got there!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice machine.. looks as though your missing the ball track cover and the jackpot seesaw cover.. the seesaw cover is not biggy but the track cover is something ya will need to replace or make your own..

if you have not had a chanch take a look at this

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-c-video.html

there are other post with vids as well.. thre worth a look as well but that one is for a "C" machine

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Last edited by Moparformances; 04-14-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk!

The keys never came to the US. So you either have to live with out it or depending on what lock you have I may be able to help you make a key if you decide to put it in a cabinet. I have made quite a few keys for Nishijin machines. Some are easy some are a little harder. If you may want one once you get the lock out post a close up picture of the front and back.

If you have any questions just ask And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman