Thread: Battle Counter finally installed!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Battle Counter finally installed!!

Finally we got around to installing a Battle Counter onto one of our pachinkos!! I'm ashamed to say we have had this Battle Counter stored away for a few years, safely snuggled away alongside parlour flags, guidebooks, ball trays, ball lifter and teal coloured pachinko balls, all my pachi treasures!!

A recent post by Mr Clam (about sourcing battle counters) prompted a mad scramble into the pachi treasure cove to retrieve the Battle Counter with the purpose of checking which model I actually owned. This in turn led to much plotting and sighing, til eventually I got the promise that it would be set up and in play that day!!

The Battle Counter had been tested once before, albeit briefly, a few years ago, as I bought it same time I got Indiana Jones Pachinko, and the wiring had been labelled up for easy connection to a lumina frame.

But this was the first time it had been connected properly / permanently, and we chose another lumina framed model 'Star Wars' as this was already in a wall mount cabinet and the battle counter would look at home affixed to the top.

Link to Star Wars wall cabinet here from the old 'cabinetry 101' section

Cabinetry 101-hanabi-StarWars Cabinet

and if anyone is interested in the extra mod to the cabinet for the smart card, here's the link too

Smart Card Option Pack Cabinet Mod

Anyway, back to the battle Counter!!

Firstly we needed to make a hole in the top of the cabinet for the wires to go through to the inside. I nervously supervised the operation

Once the wires were through, they were tidied up a bit with some tie wraps, colour co-ordinating of course

The power wire was attached to the transformer in the bottom of the cabinet, and the connectors on the wiring were attached to their corresponding connections at the top rear of the pachinko machine. i.e. CN1 wire plugs into CN1 connector in the pachinko, then the same with CN2, CN4, CN5 etc

battle counter and wiring 1.jpganother blurry pic showing wires through hole in top of pachi cab.jpgtidy wires in the pachi cab.jpgtidy wires for battle counter inside pachinko.jpgbattle counter connections on pachinko.jpg

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to hanabi