Thread: My First Modern Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up My First Modern Pachinko

I bought my first Pachinko by seeing one in an amusement palour, then tracking down the owner and asking about where he got his machines from.
    Here is my story...

My first Pachinko
    I’m a big “Star Blazers” fan, so when I saw an amusement parlour in Sydney’s Chinatown had a CR Yamato 1 I nearly blew a fuse! I tracked down the parlour operator to see where I could get a similar machine and he immediately agreed to sell the one off the floor for $300!
    This machine comes in a free-standing wooden case labelled “Treasure Hunter” It has an enclosed ball feed with a small number of balls that are recycled endlessly. Each time 1000 credits are reached, a “gashapon” style prize ball containing a redemption ticket is released from the bottom chute.
    When I received the machine I was given four identical keys that opened the reset button access hatch, the coin chute mechanism and the prize ball panel. These keys did not open the rear main service panel or the game front. I found after some gymnastics reaching inside the machine from the coin chute area, that I could unscrew the latch plate on the lock of the rear panel. Once I had access to the back of the machine, I could unscrew the latch plate on the game front lock and open the game panel from the front. I removed the lock barrel and prising back the fastening tabs, I could disassemble the tumbler and remove the spring loaded brass key pins. When I reassembled the lock barrel and reattached the latch plate , I now had a functional lock that I could open using my existing keys. I switched the coin chute lock to the rear access panel and I now have full access to all areas of my machine.
    I disconnected the coin chute mechanism and use the credit button to play. To assist pushing the credit button, I made a switch panel with laser engraved decorations, which I can post a pic of if anyone is interested.
    Playing this game is really interesting, as so far I have not been able to find any game-play instructions for the Yamato 1 – Can anybody out there help me?
    The chance button is useful when Anorizer/IQ9 pops up with a chance play, I always seem to be able to knock him out from under his sake bottle or make him drop his message pod, but this doesn’t seem to increase my score. Interestingly when I first got the game, I was scoring big-time, with the 120% ball return flap boosting my scores to 2-3000 per game with prize balls rolling all over the floor (I’ve filled the empty capsules with Yamato themed toys, just for a bit of incentive!).
    However, recently, scoring has become much harder despite my increased skill, the chance button seems to have only the slightest effect on the pachislo reels and the mini games I used to ace seem illusive. Is there a pre-set scoring program in the machine (like some poker machines)? If so, it might explain my current run of bad luck!
    The game play is brilliant, I’m still discovering new mini games and different animated cuts, sometimes only encountered once. I am completely in love with this game, I just wish I could get the high scores again!

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to looey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My First Modern Pachinko

Hi looey

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Thank you for a really great first post!!

I know the members will be intrigued by your pachinko as it appears to be a redemption machine and I'm thinking they would love to see some pics, if you are able to post any??

It all sounds great fun to play!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, I visited Brighton last year, specifically to see some of the old amusement machines near Brighton pier. (I grew up in London in the 60's and remembered the old Bolland animated dioramas at fairs and Chessington Zoo) The CR
    Yamato has similar animated bits on it, so I guess that must be part of the attraction!

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to looey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's my machine in the arcade in Sydney's Chinatown...CR-Yamato.jpg

8. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to looey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by looey View Post
    Here's my machine in the arcade in Sydney's Chinatown...

So that is the case / display / stand you have got with it then,

wow that looks really nice and I presume that is a 'battle counter' located at the top centre too

Angie ...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a great looking setup with that Pro cabinet!

Welcome To PachiTalk!
    Demanding to see Life's Manager....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm such a newbie! The 'battle counter" is that display in the middle? It has several modes, none of which make much sense to me, it does have a "Call" button which I understand is an obvious hold-over from the proper Japanese Pachinko palours where it's used to alert staff to come and count your balls...
    Here are pics of the Laser engraved covers I've added to my machine. The power switch/ \credit button cover has a switch with an extension rod that simply pokes the internal credit button on the CPU! The maker's plate features cartoon linework scanned from some of my anime books and the ball shooting knob was fairly plain, so I added a curved centre plate which features simple instructions and a Yamato anchor logo. They look like stainless steel (Terrible to try and photograph!) but they're actually just credit-cover.jpgmaker's-plate.jpgknob.jpgblack plastic with a plated layer that has been etched away with the industrial laser I use for model making in my professional life!

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to looey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

Nice looking machine! I am still trying to decide on what my first modern machine is going to be.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by looey View Post
    I'm such a newbie! The 'battle counter" is that display in the middle? It has several modes, none of which make much sense to me, it does have a "Call" button which I understand is an obvious hold-over from the proper Japanese Pachinko palours where it's used to alert staff to come and count your balls...
    Here are pics of the Laser engraved covers I've added to my machine. The power switch/ \credit button cover has a switch with an extension rod that simply pokes the internal credit button on the CPU! The maker's plate features cartoon linework scanned from some of my anime books and the ball shooting knob was fairly plain, so I added a curved centre plate which features simple instructions and a Yamato anchor logo. They look like stainless steel (Terrible to try and photograph!) but they're actually just black plastic with a plated layer that has been etched away with the industrial laser I use for model making in my professional life!
    Nice Handiwork!!

Yes it looks like a 'battle counter' set into the top middle of your pachinko case

I'm no expert (we only just got around to adding one to one of my own machines a couple of days ago, had it in storage for years )

but they give details of how many 'fever rounds' and 'chance rounds' etc have been achieved that day and I think on mine you press one of the buttons to display data from previous sessions / days

I still need to learn exactly what mine is doing, there is a lot of Japanese to decipher

But the light up statistics and fancy flashing lights add to the whole pachi experience

Angie ...

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great first machine..

pics are usualy all that required but i think i would like to see a vid of your machine in action.. sounds like it might be converted cyclic or semi??

pics/vid of the inside would be a great help..

nice looking unit thats for sure.. and it sounds like you got a good deal as well
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Looey - nice to see another Aussie aboard!

Your machine is what's known as 'cyclic', ie. a small number of balls that are recycled endlessly.

I'm sure you know you got a bargain - $300 for any late modern in this country, especially one you really want, is a fantastic price.

What other machines does that amusement centre contain?
    There is always another machine around the corner...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Next to it is a Lupin III. I have the cel coming from Japan at the moment
    Sounds like a great deal. Can you find the exact model number on the playing field. That will then tell you the odds. It will start CR and end with one or two letters. Then the odds after it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There were some nice samurai themed machines including one that had a miniature horned helmet and a pike that slides out on high scores. The only other anime machines were a "Lupin the 3rd" that is great fun to play, with hilarious animation cuts and a large half face of Lupin who swivels his eyes at Fujiko when she appears on screen -sukebe!
    The other is a Neon Genesis Evangelion which has remarkably boring game play. The ball track seems almost impossible to overshoot (and lose your balls over the right side of the playfield where there are no pins or pockets. -something you have to be quite careful with on Lupin and Yamato) There are three vacuum-metallized EVA robot heads and Unit 01 opened it's mouth once, but I couldn't get any other movement out of them. The music clip wears thin very quickly and the pachislo reels featuring the cast of unappealing characters like that whining Shinji and his abusive father don't inspire me much (despite my near psychotic love of japanese robots!)
    All in all, for a machine that takes up a fair amount of space, I'm glad I got the one I really wanted! (and yes,as far as the price went, I had to use my best poker face. I was expecting to pay about $600 and would have gladly!)
    Thanks for that info, I'll check it out when I can. The Lupin game has fun gimmicks like a jiggling LED logo and a hand pistol that slides out during high scores. Which series (or movie) is your Lupin cel from? -A Miyazaki production would be a real coup!
    Last edited by looey; 04-10-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Opps. Slight confusion. Cel also here refers to the inter-changeable playing fields. So I should say I have that Lupin III Playing field coming from Japan. It's spelt the same way as the anime cels in Japanese too セル
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's taken a while, but here are the internal pix you said you'd like to see (plus I have a ten minute game on video which features a number of side games and bonuses -my winning streak has come back!)100_8591.jpg100_8587.jpg100_8597.jpg

Left is the prize ball hopper with supply wheel and exit chute below. Middle is the playfield back. Right is a main circuit board label.

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to looey