Thread: First Timer's Vintage Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Timer's Vintage Pachinko

Hi guys I am working on cleaning up a 1977 Nishijin No More War 3 model.

DSC02746.jpgDSC02770.jpgDSC02780.jpgDSC02781.jpgsmall.jpgsmall2.jpgsmall3.jpgsmall4.jpg

It looks like i have most of the covers for all the workings on the back, only missing a bunch of screws is all. Works fine so far but as I only have like 20 balls so playing it is difficult. (waiting on delivery of balls this coming week)

One question I have, seen in the 5th photo, behind one of the jackpot levers there seems to be about 8 balls stuck. I can't tell how they got there or how to get them out. They don't seem to be in any of the jackpot paths as i have tested the jackpot payout routes. I can sort of see them from the front also when I open up the everything in the front. Seems to be sitting right behind the little flag that pops up when the game is low on balls. I'm thinking that I may have to pop open the plastic casing on the back which I hope I won't have to as I'm afraid i'll break something. Any tips or ideas? Thanks guys!

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Ahntone

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Timer's Vintage Pachinko

try takeing the 20 ball ya have out and fliping the machine upside down and rolling it around a bit to get them up wehre the balls should be..

Being a model "C" ya should just be able to pop the back loose and get them out.. (in the same pic 5 i can see one of the replease pins.. squeeze the center and gently pull the plastic loose..)

I would flip the machine over and work them out that way.. I have broken the little plastic tabe befor so there not my first choice..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the tip Moparformance! Tipping it upside did the trick to get the balls out. Turns out that they went under the jackpot seesaw and fell below. But how they got there is beyond me. Maybe someone didn't release all the balls before transporting it. Now if those balls I ordered will hurry up and show up.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ahntone

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ahntone View Post
    But how they got there is beyond me. Maybe someone didn't release all the balls before transporting it.
    You would be surprised what people do to these things.

I have seen many issues with some machines. The worst I have seen is balls filling up half the back of a machine.(about 300-400 balls) easiest way to fix that would have been to take the whole back off.

Many people move them laying flat with some balls left in them and if they lay flat with balls in them those balls will get to places where they shouldn't be.

100 machines and counting...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ahntone View Post
    Thanks for the tip Moparformance! Tipping it upside did the trick to get the balls out. Turns out that they went under the jackpot seesaw and fell below. But how they got there is beyond me. Maybe someone didn't release all the balls before transporting it. Now if those balls I ordered will hurry up and show up.
    always happy to help

thats y most of us are hear..

you would be suprized where I (and others) have found the Sphears...

If ya have any other problems/questions please feel free to ask
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances